Sept Rebel Alliance - Back to the Jedi Academy

Hi All
Just checking in again. It was a bad weekend for me as far as exercise goes. I had great intentions on Saturday. We were camping with my young niece and nephews (oldest is 6) and I had packed my running clothes. I did some spectacular moves to change in the tent without waking the DH or the little ones. Then I get outside to put my shoes on and they are the wrong ones! I packed my husband's shoes instead of mine. I was crushed, but couldn't do anything about it.

Then on Sunday I caught a stomach bug that has been going around. I am just coming out of that. Hoping to get some miles logged tomorrow.

Manda

Manda~ At least you're trying to get out there... that's the first step! :)

Diane~ I never thought about running before the dentist... what a great idea! Although my guy is always running late, so I think my nerves just build while waiting in the waiting room LOL

Good news on my end... I ran two miles yesterday! 24 minutes to complete, which is slower than normal... but I did it... yay! That's almost 2 months of not going to the gym or working out... ugh!

Great job Suzann!

Checking in with rest days since Tuesday. I have been fighting a cold. Will go out for 20 miles tomorrow as I am feel much better today.

We now have fall weather up north. The leaves are changing color and it is so beautiful but I know what it means: winter and snow is just around the corner. I have 3 hours left at work and I am in vacation for 3 weeks :cool1:. Yesterday and today, I went out for 4.5 k as the training program says. I am now wearing long sleeve shirt for my runs.
Katie- the 10k at Disney will be a short training run for you, since you are now up to twenty milles in training. I am impressed by you guys running marathon :worship:.
Well break is over.
Diane

Well I felt good enough to get my 20 miles in but soon after the cold or whatever it is came back with a vengence and I ended up with a fever yesterday. Staying home from work today to try to kick its butt as I am still coughing like crazy. I need this to pass so I can make it through my last week fo training and start my taper.

Katie: I am very impressed with a 20 miler. I don't see myself ever doing a full marathon (but I never would have thought that I would do a half either!) Sorry about the cold. Hope you beat it fast.

Diane: It is supposed to be getting cold here too (Northern Utah), but we have been having a strange heat wave. Should be near 90 again today. The leaves are changing color. DH and I are trying to find a way to get up the canyons and see some of the fall colors.

Suzanne: Way to go! I am just adding running into my routine. I have been a walker for several years, but I think it is time to turn it up a notch. I did 30 minutes on Saturday, and ran about 12 of those. I had to do it on the TM to keep the shock off the knees. Hopefully someday I will be able to run 2 miles straight!

As for me, I was having a hard time fitting in my exercise this weekend. I was going to go out right after work on Friday, but my hubby bought tickets to the Circus! So we had to head out the door. I managed to get a half hour in on Saturday. That was my first day jogging again in at least 5 years. My knees just don't like it, and I have been slacking on the PT I should be doing to get them back into shape. But time for slacking is over! Sunday was dinner at my parent's and I didn't get home early enough to get miles in before bed (but somehow had time to watch the Amazing Race, obviously my priorities are still a little mixed up!)

Katie~ WOW! Twenty miles? You rock! Sorry you're not feeling well now though :(

Manda~ Good job on getting out there and trying to jog! That's the first step! I watched amazing race last night too! Ha. One team I can't stand already... ha ha.

This weekend I ran hills. Well, only 5 of them, but it added up to a half a mile. My legs felt like jello afterwards, so that was good :)

Good afternoon,
Katie- Nice job on the 20 miles. Take care of your cold: you have to be in shape for the Disney Race for the Taste and the craziness of the taper.
Susan- Congratulation for "conquering" those hills. I have up to 9 hills to do in my training for Donald in January :scared1:.
Manda- Good for you for those running steps. I am a football fan so the reality show I watch on Sunday evening is Football night in America.
As for me, I did a 5.5k run this morning in the fog on my hilly route. And it went pretty well. I am officially in vacation for the next 3 weeks. Today, I am getting my stuff ready for a nice trip to Naples and Orlando Florida.:banana: I think the dogs know that something is not right in the house. They will not be happy campers tomorrow when we will leave them for 2 weeks at their camp site. :mad:
Diane

Whats up team,
I took last week off due to all my tests, but I started this week well. I just finished lifting for an hour. Tomorrow, I'll get a quick run in and then a long day of classes. Other than that... I've been watching a lot of football. Too bad that doesn't count for exercise time.

I really need to pick my running up since its getting closer to marathon time. I just need to fight off this laziness.

Thats it for now,
Steve

In 10 hours I will be on the road for Naples Florida (24 hours drive, yeurk) hoping to arrive Thursday around 6:00 PM.
I will not have access to a computer but I will continue to train since I will do the Disney Race for the Taste. Hourra for vacation.
I haven't check yet the sheet to add my milleage but I must say that in September I have run 65 milles in a time of about 13 hours and 25 minutes. Which is my best month of the year.
See you at Disney or on October 16,2009

Diane

Great job team!!! We're making it!

On Monday I did a kickboxing class and a spinning class directly following that. My abs still hurt from the kickboxing class! Ha!!

Jealous of you Diane!!! I want to be going to the world!!!

Made it to a spin class last night. Plans are to get out for a run this evening. My first back since my cold and my 20 miler on Saturday. Aiming for between 8 and 10 miles.

I am still really impressed with those of you running over 8 miles at a time. I wogged 2 last night. I am trying to build up my running, but don't want to hurt my knees in the process - so I am trying to build up slow. We will see where it goes. I think just a long walk today. But I have a cold and the weather turned chilly, so we will see what actually happens.

Great job Katie... keep it up!

Manda... I giggled about your wogging, I do that all the time but I call it slogging. Slow jogging. :)

Tonight I plan on hitting the gym for a couple of hours... going to try a Zumba class. I'm not too sure what to expect, so we'll see. Then maybe a cycle class and some time in the steam room.. ahhhh

Have any of you done Zumba?

Only made it 6 tonight as the sun was going down faster than I could run. Might try to get a spin in tomorrow morning. If I can get myself out of bed.

Hi everyone! looks like everyone is trying to stay on track with their training. Great job everyone!

I'm back from the World and EEC. SO MUCH FUN! Even in the rain. I think I'm going to start the MFM half run/walk program so I could possibly do the Princess half. Not sure if I'll be able to make it down, but training for it can't hurt me right?

I'm excited to hear the announcement about what they are going to do in the fall next year. I guess you could say I'm officially hooked to running/walking and competing with myself. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

OH - I will log in my miles next week for the rest of september. Unfortunately, I left my Garmin in FL this weekend. Mom found it inside an aqua sock. :scared1: At least it's not completely gone. All my training info is on there, so I have to sync to see what I did.

Checking back in with my long run done. Taper time is here! Whew! My training for this full definitely went SOOOO much better than my first. Got my 20 miler in and 4 runs over 16.5 that were closer than 2 months pre-race day, lol. Now the trick will be to not gain 10 lbs before race day...yes, I did that during training for my first full.

Hello everyone,
Sorry I haven't been around here much with school starting and working and life. Since my running partner moved away I've been running about once a week if that. I decided to go ahead and try the 5K race yesterday (this was supposed to be my first 10K, before my training went out the window) It went really well and I had a great time. I decided to just take it easy,walk when I needed to and have fun. I ended up with 39:40, which is only a minute slower than the Race for the Cure that I ran the whole time. If I hadn't stopped so many times to take pictures I may have beat my previous time. So not super speedy but I'll take it.

Hi Rebels! I haven't been here since page 3? or so... just before the DL 1/2...
It was great to meet all the other WISHers that came out on Friday night, and then to see them again at the start and finish lines! I know Jeff took lots of pics but I don't know where he posted them... probably on FB!

I have started to increase my workouts since the race, adding ST and more weekday cardio, and I'm starting to run again (as opposed to walking because of my knee), so hopefully I can add to our team totals!

I don't get here often but I will try to keep in touch... Happy trails everyone!

Hi Rebels! I haven't been here since page 3? or so... just before the DL 1/2...
It was great to meet all the other WISHers that came out on Friday night, and then to see them again at the start and finish lines! I know Jeff took lots of pics but I don't know where he posted them... probably on FB!

I have started to increase my workouts since the race, adding ST and more weekday cardio, and I'm starting to run again (as opposed to walking because of my knee), so hopefully I can add to our team totals!

I don't get here often but I will try to keep in touch... Happy trails everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter