Sept Rebel Alliance - Back to the Jedi Academy

K80K

DIS Veteran
I was trying to think of a cute galactic name for our thread but I don't think I have gotten all my brain power back from my spin class this morning, lol.

August Miles: 332.93 Hours: 98 Minutes: 44
Year to date: Miles: 1857.56 Hours: 751 Minutes: 24

So are any of our team members headed to Dland this weekend? I decided to stick to the East coast this year so I will be doing the VB RnR Half.

I really wanted to go to DL this year for the half... I really liked it when I ran it the first time. Just time and money escaped me :(

How bought... Sept Rebel Alliance - Back to Jedi School?

Hehe that's cute. I tried to edit my post to change the topic but it seems to be locked down. Darn! :confused3

There's a way to edit the thread title... did you try to click 'edit' and it still didn't work? I think there's a step after that to edit the title. Anyone know?

My brain cells are back post spin class and I was able to figure it out. :D Yay!

Heading home from work shortly and will try to concentrate on properly fueling for tomorrow's middle distance run. Heading out for 8 miles.

Middle distance 8? That just about killed me on Sunday LOL!! Seriously though, I'm still trying to come back with knee trouble... such a nagging injury.

I'll be at DL this weekend... expo and Wish meet Friday eve, 5k Sat. morning and 1/2 on Sunday. Signed up for both but I think I'll let ds run the 5k for me... I'm just not ready. Then for the 1/2 the goal will be to beat the sweepers!

Love the Sept. tag line, btw :cheer2:

Tammy - Hope your knee gets better soon.

Last night I got tripped up at the dog run and had a slight pain in my knee. Went away by the time I got home, but it returned fast and furious when I started to run. I quit early to give it a rest. Don't want any major problems. Will try again tomorrow.

I think we need a smiley with a light saber to go with this months theme. But this wand will have to do for now. :wizard:

Ouch Jane! Ice and anti-inflammatories...I hope you feel better soon.

Got my 8 in this morning. This weather recently has been glorious. I am really hoping that if it doesn't last it at least makes a repeat appearance from some of my upcoming long runs.

I was sitting in a meeting and noticed my toe nail polish was ready to flake. So I reached down and flicked the flake away with my finger nail to be greeted by a black spot under my toe nail. I have no problems with how my shoes fit - no rubbing or anything, so I am not sure where this is coming from. Fingers crossed that it is just a fluke and doesn't become a problem for my marathon or Goofy training.

Jane... hope your knee gets better!!!

Tammy... you're rocking those runs! I had the nail issue a while ago, but it went away on its own, so I really don't have much help to offer.

I'll be doing hiking this weekend.. and totally looking forward to it! Yay!!

:darth:

Jane, I hope that your knee isn't anything serious... rest, ice, ibuprofen, just like Suzann said...

Katie, where do you live? Our weather in Southern CA is HOT HOT HOT and smokey... not fun right now. Way to go on those miles! Hope the toenail is no biggie... just caught you off guard?

I'll be back next week, for now, I'm just going to get psyched for the weekend. Expo tomorrow with WISH meet, 5k Sat, 1/2 Sunday :banana:

Hey Team,
I actually got up and ran today, but my knee also started hurting about ten minutes into the run. so I walked the rest with a few bursts of running to see the knee was working. I also played nine holes yesterday which is a story in itself. I'll post it when I have more time.

Jane - knee issues are not fun. i hope it heals quickly.

Steve

Oh my poor aching fellow Jedi:hug: hoping everyone with pain or twinges is feeling better soon.!!

I did my longest run EVER this past Sunday 11 miles! Only 17 more days until my first half marathon. I am looking forward to it. We do 8 miles this week, then we are running a 5k the week before the half.

I got new shoes before the long run, they felt soooo good. I could tell my old ones were ready to be retired, and these felt so much better. And while my feet were fine, I had some issues of the GI nature following my long run. I had a really bad stomachache after returning home (at least 30 minutes post run). I did what I do always do in terms of fuel/hydration, but had really bad cramps and "issues" once I was home. It seemed to last all day and into the next. Could have been a bug I suppose. Hoping it doesn't happen again, especially on race day. Any thoughts??

Tammy: I live in Maryland just north of Baltimore City. The weather we have been having is unusual for Baltimore this time of year, but you aren't going to hear me complain. :)

Steve: Sorry the knee is bothering you. pixiedust: that it feels better soon.

Vern: Great job on the 11 miles. How were the temps of this run compared to others? You may have been doing that you usually do but if the temps were higher than you are used to you may have still come out dehydrated, which would cause the upset stomach.

Thanks everyone for your well wishes. It's been ok the past two days, so I might try to get in a little run tonight.

Katie - hope your toenail is ok. Ouchie!

Steve - I'm routing for you knee to be better.

Just wanted to wish everyone a great holiday weekend!!! Good luck if your racing, training, resting, travelling....whatever it is, just have fun.

Hello everyone! Just stopping in with a little announcement:

If anyone missed out on the WISH shirt order, why not get a hat or visor to show your WiSH racing team pride?!!! Please see the link in my siggy below. I need a min of 36 items and I have 17 so far.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.....

Tammy: I live in Maryland just north of Baltimore City. The weather we have been having is unusual for Baltimore this time of year, but you aren't going to hear me complain. :)

Steve: Sorry the knee is bothering you. pixiedust: that it feels better soon.

Vern: Great job on the 11 miles. How were the temps of this run compared to others? You may have been doing that you usually do but if the temps were higher than you are used to you may have still come out dehydrated, which would cause the upset stomach.

Actually, temps were low 60's, low humidity, which is what confused me. We had done runs this summer where the humidity was WAY up but I never experienced this type of problem before. Here is what I did:

pre-run: power bar
miles 3, 6, and 9-sport beans and H2O (10 oz total)
miles 4.5, 7.5 and 10.5 G2 (5 oz total)
post run (at the car) 16 oz bottle of H2O, in the car going home 20 oz bottle G2

This has been working for me in the past with no issues. I also continue to drink a lot of water during the day. I normally drink 100 oz of water a day anyhow, so that is no different.

Could have been a stomach bug-DD's friend had one the same time. I'll see what happens when we do 8 this sunday.

Thanks!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Just stopping by to say your wishes worked and my knee is as good as new. Took it light on Friday and ran 2 miles. Last night did 3 miles. I'm just happy no big issues as next week I'm doing the Race for the Cure. It's my first "race" - not times but first time doing an organized 5K.

Hope everyone's weekend was great and the week continues to be great as well.

Checking back in after my weekend away for RnRVB. it was a nice event -hot, but very well organized. Wasn't happy about how the corrals worked as I ended up getting pushed back several in the flow to the start line and spent a good distance dodging walkers, who were sometimes taking up the entire street. Guess it will just be something to get used to if I continue to do elite race events.

Checking in with a spin class this morning. Was tempted to run, but the morning spin class is only offerred Mon/Wed/Fri so I opted to od that instead. Will run tomorrow and then spin again on Fri.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter