Sept/Oct Code watch

Here's hoping that codes are more plentiful in Sept/Oct then they are for July/early August!

tjmouse said:
Here's hoping that codes are more plentiful in Sept/Oct then they are for July/early August!

I think the codes for September will be available, but do believe October will be limited, especially around the Colombus Day weekend. This is probably the heaviest travel time of October. Hopefully folks are watching what happened today with the lack of codes that came out and will help guide folks into booking the room they can afford to stay in without a discount. I'm sure there are a few very dissappointed folks out there today. Usually when the AP code is released the boards are all a buzz...today has been pretty uneventful. We didn't need a code, but I still watch, just in case I want to throw together a quick trip. We generally only use the AP code if we want to go a day or two early before moving to the DVC resort. My daughter would like to get a code for Oct. 21 before moving to the WL, so I'll be watching for her (she's an AP holder too).

I'm interested to see what happens because we may be going in December so I'm keeping up on this thread now :)

Amyrlin said:
Looking at the general level of availabilty at the resorts, even though there is free dining, there loks to be a high level of availabilty still. So hpefully it won't be long. At a guess I would think they won't announce then until after the period for booking free dining is over.
Just wondering, how do you know the availability at the resorts? We are booked at the Poly for our late October trip. With or without a code we will be staying there. I'm a hotel snob. ;) I can't help it. :rotfl: Seriously though, I love the Poly but I would love it even more if there was a code I could use to save some money. Right now all I have is a AAA discount. (1st time I've ever used AAA discount.) Does anyone think there will be any room only rates or just AP rates. If there is room only rates will I able to able drop my AAA rate and add a room only rate? I'm not banking on a room only rate but I sure would love to see one coming my way. Here's to some pixie dust. :wizard:

No AP rates yet right? Does anyone know how much I would be able to get a deluxe for with an AP rate? Currently booked at CSR, but desperately want to upgrade to a deluxe hotel.

I have an AAA rate for the FW cabins for mid-October. My travel agent said that bookings for October are down (she does only Disney). She was saying that Disney has been very unpredictable this year with discounts/offers and she said if I was willing to be flexible on dates and resort I might get a good deal.

grumpymakesmehappy said:
Right now all I have is a AAA discount. (1st time I've ever used AAA discount.) Does anyone think there will be any room only rates or just AP rates. If there is room only rates will I able to able drop my AAA rate and add a room only rate?

My guess is that there will be AP and Florida passholder rates, and also that there will be some kind of package deal offered. This is, however, just a guess. If there is a room only discount offered to the general public, I bet it won't be much better -- if at all -- than your AAA rate.

You may or may not be able to use such a rate. They only offer a certain number of these rates, and it now appears as though they may specifically target certain hotels and not offer them at all of them. If when you call they still have not sold out of the discounted rates at the poly, you will be able to apply it to your existing reservation and drop AAA. Obviously, you should call relatively soon after you hear there is a new rate.

DD and I are staying at WL.... 10/9 -- 10/16..... went ahead and scheduled using AAA rate....hope the AP codes come out soon.... AAA rates come in handy, but would really like to get the AP code as it is a better discount....

Count me in. I'll be there September 28 through October 3rd. Sure hope we get some decent AP rates!! Oh, and has anyone tried to get AAA rates at Pop? Any success?

We are set for free dining and 5 nites at POFQ and we are buying our season passes but if a better deal comes up we are going to cancel if it is saving money.

Still waiting for codes!

April

Okay everyone I am a total newbie to the Disney lingo and am curious what the heck is AP? :blush:

I did some research with my parents AAA membership and it was not going to save me anything on our hotel (at AS Movies). Didn't look like it saved anything on ticket prices either. :confused3

Thank you!!!

AP= Annual Pass. Alot of people are waiting for an annual pass rate (discount).

I requested rates for POP for the dates of Oct 14-23. They quoted me a rate of $93 after my AAA discount and these dates will be in "regular" season.

I am SO hoping for an additional discount. I paid a $49 a room at POP with a pin code 2 years ago and this years rate is hard to swallow. :guilty:

Not much to do but wait. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter