Sept / Oct 2011

Austraveler welcome home! AussieMumma you would left by now so I hope you have arrived safely in the states.

Very happy to see that you have both started a blog! Austraveler, I enjoyed reading your blog, especially the med cruise. BRings back lots of happy memories. AussieMumma can't wait to read more about how your trip is going.

Hi all!
KylieH, you must be here by now... We are in building 5 on the nighttime movies side :). The night movies are awesome btw, if it isn't raining! Pool is awesome too :D

I think I gave BusyBusy a surprise today [edit: a couple of days ago now] by asking her if she was she on the Pirates of the Carribean ride. :rotfl: She had just leaned forward and asked us what NZers were doing out of NZ during the rugby world cup (she'd heard our Nu Zullund accent, but we live in Australia at the moment so that lets us off ;) ) so I asked back if she was BusyBusy. :rotfl: I'd reckoned my chances were pretty good BB because of your accent and the fact that i'd spotted you at crystal palace about the same time we were booked (our times were similar) and the tall family thing you'd mentioned here; none of you were particularly short. ;)

ETA: KylieH - if your pillows are too big, take them out of the pillowcase and then just lay the pillowcase over the top. Took the crick out of our necks!!

Last night at Disney. I am kind of ready for it, not so much for the parks (who could get sick of the parks!) but I am over the food ha ha! Too much fat, sugar and salt in everything... I feel bad feeding my kids rubbish so frequently.

NY tomorrow!

Hi all!
KylieH, you must be here by now... We are in building 5 on the nighttime movies side :). The night movies are awesome btw, if it isn't raining! Pool is awesome too :D

I think I gave BusyBusy a surprise today [edit: a couple of days ago now] by asking her if she was she on the Pirates of the Carribean ride. :rotfl: She had just leaned forward and asked us what NZers were doing out of NZ during the rugby world cup (she'd heard our Nu Zullund accent, but we live in Australia at the moment so that lets us off ;) ) so I asked back if she was BusyBusy. :rotfl: I'd reckoned my chances were pretty good BB because of your accent and the fact that i'd spotted you at crystal palace about the same time we were booked (our times were similar) and the tall family thing you'd mentioned here; none of you were particularly short. ;)

ETA: KylieH - if your pillows are too big, take them out of the pillowcase and then just lay the pillowcase over the top. Took the crick out of our necks!!

Last night at Disney. I am kind of ready for it, not so much for the parks (who could get sick of the parks!) but I am over the food ha ha! Too much fat, sugar and salt in everything... I feel bad feeding my kids rubbish so frequently.

NY tomorrow!

That is so funny that you found each other that way:rotfl:
I so know what you mean by being over the food.
:love:NY have a great time and enjoy that fantastic location :love:

I hear you too about the food. By the end of the WDW section I was craving a huge plate of veggies.

My boys also wrote a blog. It is a bit patchy as they were too tired to write (or too busy playing hard) some days. I really enjoyed reading their take on our trip. The boys are 7, 10 and 11.

http://starrettboys.blogspot.com

We are home...I can't believe how quickly a month went by. I guess I will have to do a trip report too. I have over 5000 photo's to sort through. Currently trying to stop the kids falling asleep on the couch.

We are home too! For more than a week actually - I haven't been here because we literally had one day to unpack and wash wash wash before we were full swing into renovations. Moving everything off our tiles, picking toilets and bath spouts, and then this!

297034_283189208372568_100000444745905_1045868_1837641450_n.jpg

I am completely shattered and over renovations but don't have a kitchen yet so still chugging through. Getting kids out of the house by 7am every morning so the work can start after that massive trip back from New York and without my normal house to organise lunches etc is nuts! Hope it's over soon! Will be worth it when it's done though. Better be, it will replace any kind of Disney trip for a while to come lol.

Was an awesome trip. Best tips off the top of my head, that made a really big (awesome!) difference to our holiday, were the travelgear iphone sims, the Mousewait apps (used them all the time, really awesome for finding the short lines!) and getting free cups of water everywhere - that was especially useful in the heat of florida!!

It will be a while before I do a trip report - I haven't even sent my girls in to school with photos or anything - as it really is a nightmare trying to work around these renovations. But I'm off to stalk the reports of others ;)

just poking my head in to see what's going on.......and not to let this thread die a long lingering lonely death at the bottom of the page.....

Good idea AustralianKaren because we are all around but sadly back in our regular lives for now. We got back Wednesday afternoon, went straight back to work and school so I've only just downloaded our photos today. Now I need to go and sort our my photopass CD as the photos expire in the next few days. :scared1:

OK - So I have been back for a bit now - I am all caught up at work and home, and I am so lost without something to look forward to.

I am quietly scouting airfare to Hawaii next Sept - but I dont think it will come off - While its great to have family holidays - I cant wait to be an empty nester and only have to pay for 2.

Might have to look at Hamilton island instead - and a trip to the Gold Coast - my family always loves it there!

I have been checking out cruises for 2013. Would love to go somewhere next year, but we really can't afford it. Plus DH wants to do some landscaping (boring!!!).

Travel Mum, are you able to add borders to your photopass pics? I could a couple of days ago, now the option is not there. I have emailed them, but I doubt I will hear back before they expire in a couple of days time.

I have been checking out cruises for 2013. Would love to go somewhere next year, but we really can't afford it. Plus DH wants to do some landscaping (boring!!!).

Travel Mum, are you able to add borders to your photopass pics? I could a couple of days ago, now the option is not there. I have emailed them, but I doubt I will hear back before they expire in a couple of days time.

Jade the photopasss kept doing that to me as well but when you log out and log back in they reappear it was very frustrating. I ended up paying the $4.95 extension to finish getting them done.

I have been able to add borders okay and I think I'm all done and ready to get the CD sent. However, it all seems too simple! I have placed a CD in my shopping cart as instructed and the pre-purchase credit has been activated so now I just need to pay $14.95 international shipping. Does that definitely mean that all the photos in my gallery will be on the CD? It seems weird that the only thing in my cart is the CD. Is that right? :confused3

The borders are back today. Must have been the signing out that fixed the problem. It is taking forever to save all the photo's.

I have been able to add borders okay and I think I'm all done and ready to get the CD sent. However, it all seems too simple! I have placed a CD in my shopping cart as instructed and the pre-purchase credit has been activated so now I just need to pay $14.95 international shipping. Does that definitely mean that all the photos in my gallery will be on the CD? It seems weird that the only thing in my cart is the CD. Is that right? :confused3

yep..thats right..i thought I'd get a blank CD, but nope it arrived with the 300+ photos......trust Mickey to keep things simple:banana:

Awesome, thanks Karen and I've just ordered mine so it should arrive with heaps of photos on it :cool1: What amazing value it is! When I first started adding borders etc (and I added several different versions of the same photo cause I couldn't make up my mind), I added them to the cart by mistake. When I'd finished, I'd put $12,000 worth of photos in my cart!! :rotfl: Deleted them from the cart and just ordered the CD but, even though I'm not getting actual printed photos, that shows me the value of the CD :banana:

Awesome, thanks Karen and I've just ordered mine so it should arrive with heaps of photos on it :cool1: What amazing value it is! When I first started adding borders etc (and I added several different versions of the same photo cause I couldn't make up my mind), I added them to the cart by mistake. When I'd finished, I'd put $12,000 worth of photos in my cart!! :rotfl: Deleted them from the cart and just ordered the CD but, even though I'm not getting actual printed photos, that shows me the value of the CD :banana:

This was the first time we used photo pass...and it wont be the last.
I got 97 printed off at big W for $9.70...and they look awesome....so have to start my photo album soon..I like paper..digital is great but there's nothing like holding them in your hands ..I'm just old fashioned I guess.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter