Sept / Oct 2011

Just had to do the single digit dance :cheer2::dance3: 9 days :dance3::cheer2: to go

For those who have travelled to Florida in September before does DW or Orlando in general get affected by Hurricanes? Watching :surfweb: Irene's path and photos of damage it can cause just a "bit" worried on how this will impact our Holiday :rolleyes1

I thought I had allerted the US weather bureau that we were coming and to put on some nice weather for us..... as I just turned on the heater this morning to warm up from the 12o start.:lmao:

Does anyone's Travel Insurance cover you for Hurricanes?:confused:

There is CRAZY fog in Sydney this morning......this kind of thing always scares me - our flight leaves at 10.45am so I know that fog would be gone by that stage - but what if the plane can't actually fly in earlier that morning? :confused3

I know that there is nothing that you can do about it - but it doesn't mean that you can't add it to your things-to-worry-about list!!

Last time we went away we met up with friends in NYC - those friends flew out the day before us - on the unbelievable Sydney RED DUST DAY (Sept 2009)!! :scared1: They ended up leaving really late and almost missed their connection in LA, then we left the next day in perfect weather.

What a difference a day makes! ;)

Just had to do the single digit dance :cheer2::dance3: 9 days :dance3::cheer2: to go

For those who have travelled to Florida in September before does DW or Orlando in general get affected by Hurricanes? Watching :surfweb: Irene's path and photos of damage it can cause just a "bit" worried on how this will impact our Holiday :rolleyes1

I thought I had allerted the US weather bureau that we were coming and to put on some nice weather for us..... as I just turned on the heater this morning to warm up from the 12o start.:lmao:

Does anyone's Travel Insurance cover you for Hurricanes?:confused:

We're with Covermore, underwritten by Llyods of London who cover Natural Disasters inc hurricanes. They are the only ones who cover DH's heart issues as well!

There is CRAZY fog in Sydney this morning......this kind of thing always scares me - our flight leaves at 10.45am so I know that fog would be gone by that stage - but what if the plane can't actually fly in earlier that morning? :confused3

I know that there is nothing that you can do about it - but it doesn't mean that you can't add it to your things-to-worry-about list!!

Last time we went away we met up with friends in NYC - those friends flew out the day before us - on the unbelievable Sydney RED DUST DAY (Sept 2009)!! :scared1: They ended up leaving really late and almost missed their connection in LA, then we left the next day in perfect weather.

What a difference a day makes! ;)

Looks like you'll be on time! Sydney Airport International Departures are normally more accurate than the carriers! I'm guessing V.

http://www.sydneyairport.com.au/SAC...e=27/08/2011&results=1000&carrier=V Australia

VA1 Los Angeles 27/8/2011
10:45am 27/8/2011
10:45am F10

Edited: D'Uh, you go in three weeks, not today! Too much cold medicine for me I think!

Just checking in QuirkyButterfly - how are you feeling?

Thanks for asking. I am feeling better which is good, not 100% but I think that I was lucky and this bug wasn't too powerful. I think that by monday morning I will be fine. I will keep up with my vitamin c and tablet regime just in case.

Thanks for asking. I am feeling better which is good, not 100% but I think that I was lucky and this bug wasn't too powerful. I think that by monday morning I will be fine. I will keep up with my vitamin c and tablet regime just in case.

Hey Quirky, 3 days to go :cool1:- pump that vitamin c and rest as much as you can...
Is everything sorted and packed ..... :thumbsup2

Hahaha - Kylie........it's just me worrying early - I'm famous for it!! Thank you for caring!! :)

It sounds like you went the right way with your travel insurance - I don't know who we are using - DH gets all of those "boring" responsibilities while I get to plan the fun stuff!! :yay:

It's crazy looking at NYC news sites at the moment though - they are planning to evacuate 270,000 people due to Hurricane Irene. Yikes - an earthquake and now a hurricane - and all within 3 weeks of us arriving! :eek:

I thought that the only things that would shake the foundations would be my cheering at Yankee Stadium when I see Derek Jeter and Nick Swisher in their knickerbockers!!! :worship:

PS.....how do you get your husband to wear a pair of them...??!! ;)

I saw that the earthquake had been felt in NYC, and I was so pleased that nothing had been damaged, like:

Tiffany
FAO Schwartz
American Girl
Katz's Deli
Macy's
Magnolia Bakery
Foot Locker
DoubleTree Guest Suites
Sephora
The Rooftop Bar on 5th Ave....

.....you know - the really important places....! :love:

....then the first thing that I thought when I saw the New Yorkers standing outside their buildings was - they're wearing short sleeves - the weather is still warm! :yay::yay:

Then my DH came into the room and said the same thing! Yep - we are a cold hearted couple - Mother Nature can bring it.....NOTHING is getting in the way of this holiday!

Hey Quirky, 3 days to go :cool1:- pump that vitamin c and rest as much as you can...
Is everything sorted and packed ..... :thumbsup2

I just did some washing last night and waiting for it to dry, and then it will go straight in the suitcase. Plenty of room in the suitcase to spare :thumbsup2 me and DBF only take up a 1/3 of our suitcases, bring on the shopping. I have nearly done everything, we just have to clean the house (my mother is staying at our place to look after it) and buy food so the fridge isn't empty. I just have to make sure that all of the cameras and phones are charged.

For WDW, my advice is to mix it up a little shoe wise. I did sneakers with Coolmax socks (super swear absorbant) during the day, and at night I tried to let my feet breath a little so wore these crocs http://www.crocsaustralia.com.au/crocs-cleo/10043,en_AU,pd.html?cid=478&cgid=women-footwear (mine are black though) and they were kind of like slippers. I seriously have the most temperamental feet, they don't like enclosed shoes, heat, cold, lots of walking, you name it - my feet don't like it :rotfl2::rotfl2:.

I have just been reading back over this thread a bit and came across this. Ms Shuttergirl, I have ended up doing exactly what you did! I have my trusty sneakers and new Coolmax socks ready plus I bought a pair of, oh so comfy, Cleo Crocs sandals which are also black!! Hope it works as well for me as for you :)

hey there

looks like we are all on the home straight...:banana:

i just spent a ton of $$$$ on amazon last night, to get delivered to my hotel...ok, it will get there a week early, but I'm sure the contemporary has parcel holding facilities:lovestruc

I am now trolling thru the nine west site [et al], as they have an outlet store..looking for what shoes I want....am taking 2 empty suitcase just in case:rotfl:my poor man has no idea what he's in for...

so my bills are paid, my tickets printed, my cruise documents signed and my bank alerted that we will be O/S....now all i have to do is wait:sad2:

17 days, 20 hrs to go

I was just at the supermarket and the woman behind me in the queue was obviously sick - as I was packing my stuff - I heard her tell the operator how she hasnt been able to shake this bug for weeks, "they call it 100day flu" :scared1::scared1:
I will have to make sure I thoroughly wash any veges she may have coughed on !!!

On a positive note, my son won his AFL game yesterday, off to play in grand final next week at the GWS stadium!!!! :banana::banana: (praying for a win, and no injuries) -

I was just at the supermarket and the woman behind me in the queue was obviously sick - as I was packing my stuff - I heard her tell the operator how she hasnt been able to shake this bug for weeks, "they call it 100day flu" :scared1::scared1:
I will have to make sure I thoroughly wash any veges she may have coughed on !!!

On a positive note, my son won his AFL game yesterday, off to play in grand final next week at the GWS stadium!!!! :banana::banana: (praying for a win, and no injuries) -

I feel your pain, the kids at school keep giving me a different asian flu strain each time they go home for hols......i cant keep up.
at least my immune system is getting a work out

Karen, do they at least bring you some duty free to go with the Asian flu?!

nope......just teenage boy angst...and let me tell you, regardless of race, all teenage boys are created equal:rotfl:

I am kicking them out of my "personal space" the week before I fly out......no go zone for sickies, windgers and general whiners.....:rotfl2:

zen calm :thumbsup2 will reign...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter