Sept / Oct 2011

chocolate_monsta Are you talking Disneyland there not DisneyWorld? I just saw you mentioned Katella Ave and unless there's one in Orlando I only know of the one in Anaheim?

Good move!! One thing I used to hate about living in Tas was international travel. It took us something like 36 hours and 4 flights to get home from Orlando, many years ago. Thankfully before kids!!

I think we are in a similar situation living in Wellington - adds so much extra on, not just because of the domestic flights but because of the waiting between flights :sad2:

I think we are in a similar situation living in Wellington - adds so much extra on, not just because of the domestic flights but because of the waiting between flights :sad2:

Us to coming from Perth it makes it so much longer last year we did the night before thing this year trying the straight through max wait time of 3 hours in the airport hoping it will be ok can't be any worse than doing the redeye :rolleyes1 must say I am a bit worried :eek:about the 1 hour and 50 mins stop over on the way over i really hope it is enough time to get everything done.

AussieMumma great news to know you have decided onsite!

Good move!! One thing I used to hate about living in Tas was international travel. It took us something like 36 hours and 4 flights to get home from Orlando, many years ago. Thankfully before kids!!

Jade+3

Why is it that Tas folk fly out of Sydney instead of direct out of Melbourne?

Not fond of all the transfers myself with 2 ASD Daughters they don't cope.... most direct route for me...

:dance3: Happy Easter everyone hope you all enjoy the extra long weekend with your family's :dance3: We are of to Albany for the weekend DH's first whole weekend off since we booked our trip :dance3:

Where in the hills distict? We're in Stanhope Gardens!

Our planning is going well. I have just now booked the Renaissance Hotel in Hollywood so that takes care of all the major stuff.
Have had a quick look at the port excursions but really its all about the ship for us.:yay: We don't really care where it goes!:rotfl2:

Our kids are old enough now to enjoy the ship on their own so hopefully we will get to do more of the adult stuff this time.

I haven't started counting sleeps yet. Must look into that.:rotfl:

Hey we are at Winsto, so practically neighbours....

I dont seem to have the energy to wade thru all the excursions yet, maybe over the easter break.
Dont forget we can book excursions etc 90 days out, and check-in online also saying what time you will be getting to port.I've set up a email reminder for the day/time/second it opens. I want the brunch @ polopirate:

so have they assigned you a cabin yet, ours is 6580, mid ship over the stablizers, as I go soooooo sick last time on the Magic cause we were aft. It was too bumpy for my tummy:sick:

i wish my boys were at the age to enjoy a cruise...we never thought of it when we were over there when they were kids.......so the grandkids will have to do it instead:cheer2:

enjoy your planning, and have a great Easter
karen

Jade+3

Not fond of all the transfers myself with 2 ASD Daughters they don't cope.... most direct route for me...

I have flown out of both. Sydney is a pain as it usually requires flying via Melbourne. Now we are in Brisbane and have booked flights via Auckland :confused3. At least it is a night flight though. The direct flights from Brisbane are morning flights, which means my kids are awake for the majority of the flight.

Hey we are at Winsto, so practically neighbours....

I dont seem to have the energy to wade thru all the excursions yet, maybe over the easter break.
Dont forget we can book excursions etc 90 days out, and check-in online also saying what time you will be getting to port.I've set up a email reminder for the day/time/second it opens. I want the brunch @ polopirate:

so have they assigned you a cabin yet, ours is 6580, mid ship over the stablizers, as I go soooooo sick last time on the Magic cause we were aft. It was too bumpy for my tummy:sick:

i wish my boys were at the age to enjoy a cruise...we never thought of it when we were over there when they were kids.......so the grandkids will have to do it instead:cheer2:

enjoy your planning, and have a great Easter
karen

Hi Karen

We're in cabin # 7562. It's our first time with a balcony.:banana: We just had a porthole last time because the kids were a lot younger and I was scared they would fall overboard!:rotfl:

I've added our names to the cruise meet post. We definitely want to get Palo reservations this time so I'll have get organised about booking dates etc.

Have a great Easter
Cathy

Jade+3

More services into and out of Sydney so it would often be cheaper! :)

Has anyone ordered from Disney Floral and Gifts?
Was thinking of surprising my Daughters with sash on door and present inside with Tinker Dust .....
Any reviews welcome...

Thanks for answer to Melbourne Depart - Went through Sydney last time and added another 6 hours each way .... then not sure if we would make LA flight scarrrry...
got there in the end but vowed to spend a little extra and have more sanity when I got there... lol with 2 aspie kids I needed all the sanity I had for the long flight...
But here I am doing all over again .... for the Love of Disney ...

Hope everyone is having a Happy Easter..... collecting all the eggs eating lots of Chocolate and counting down the Months/Weeks/Days/Minutes until we return/go to Disney..... HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!!!:rotfl2:party::rainbow:

Chocolate monsta,

G'day, I was just reading your post. I was just wondering who you dealing with in the US as your agent?

We are taking my 3 year old and 7 year old in November to Legoland, disney and Universal studios. Plus we are looking at staying for 2 nights in clearwater as well.

Hubby has a meeting in Orange county convention centre on the 17th Nov.

We are unsure where to stay :confused3 We are looking at POP at Disney, if we are to stay at Disneyworld, but hubby not sure if we should stay at Disney at all. The thinks it may be a rip off.

Have you got any ideas, and can you send us in the right direction.

If anyone has any input please feel free.:thumbsup2

Chocolate monsta,

G'day, I was just reading your post. I was just wondering who you dealing with in the US as your agent?

We are taking my 3 year old and 7 year old in November to Legoland, disney and Universal studios. Plus we are looking at staying for 2 nights in clearwater as well.

We are unsure where to stay :confused3 We are looking at POP at Disney, if we are to stay at Disneyworld, but hubby not sure if we should stay at Disney at all. The thinks it may be a rip off.

Tara,

Are you talking Disneyworld in Orlando, Florida or Disneyland in California? :confused3

Orange County is in California, whereas POP Century resort is in Orlando.;)

Its confusing as there is also Universal Studios in Orlando.

Chocolate monsta,

I am dealing with Kathy at Magical Journeys she has been great :)

Hi, quick question....If you book through the DisneyWorld website can you still swap your booking if a better deal comes up? I know alot of people have said you can through the USA travel agents but I just wasn't sure with the actual Disney bookings.
We are planning on booking the 1 bedroom suite at the All Star Music Resort, if they happen to then in a couple of month have a % off special or free dining etc can I ring/email them and change to the cheaper deal?
Just trying to work out if there is any advantage to booking through an agent rather then Disney. I've gotten one agent quote and it was the exact same price. I've emailed three ;)

Now onto a non Disney related question...Have any of you ever stayed at Loews or Hard Rock Hotel at Universal? We are think about staying at one of them for the first 7 nights we are in Orlando (either that or the Nickelodeon Resort) I just liked the fact you got the Express Passes if you stayed onsite at Universal.

Hi, quick question....If you book through the DisneyWorld website can you still swap your booking if a better deal comes up? I know alot of people have said you can through the USA travel agents but I just wasn't sure with the actual Disney bookings.
We are planning on booking the 1 bedroom suite at the All Star Music Resort, if they happen to then in a couple of month have a % off special or free dining etc can I ring/email them and change to the cheaper deal?
Just trying to work out if there is any advantage to booking through an agent rather then Disney. I've gotten one agent quote and it was the exact same price. I've emailed three ;)

For me, there are 2 advantages of using an agent. They (supposedly) monitor your booking and let you know if a better deal comes up, and, if I need to make changes I prefer to email my agent rather than ring WDW. I think the WDW website is one of the most frustrating websites I have ever used.

Originally posted by AussieMumma
Now onto a non Disney related question...Have any of you ever stayed at Loews or Hard Rock Hotel at Universal? We are think about staying at one of them for the first 7 nights we are in Orlando (either that or the Nickelodeon Resort) I just liked the fact you got the Express Passes if you stayed onsite at Universal.

You will definately not need 7 nights for Universal, particularly with the Express Passes. I would suggest about 3 nights , as you pay relatively high prices for the accommodation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter