Sept exercise thread

830/500

35 minutes yesterday...Upper Fix and a little extra stretching afterwards. I find that most of the workout DVDs I own (all from Beachbody) don't have enough stretching at the end of them so I add in some extra.

I ate sooooo much last night for the holiday. Chopped liver, tons of challah bread, stuffed cabbage, potted chicken, kasha with onion (I asked my mom not to add the bow tie pasta to mine since I knew I'd be indulging in too much bread, so she set mine aside separately!), chicken soup (no noodles or matzo ball for me, same reason as no bow tie pasta with the kasha). Oh and of course a couple of glasses of wine! Then came dessert...homemade chocolate babka courtesy of my sister, sugar bow tie pastry, and chocolate covered mandel bread. I felt like a beached whale after I was done.

Monday, 81 minutes walking home from work.
Tuesday, 36 minutes running.

Sucking it up this month. Guess working OT on both jobs is not a recipe for success. In better news, one week left until we leave for Disney!

805/1400

brought my bike into work and went for a little ride during lunch.

Some strength and stretch in the evening

52 minutes

1065/1500 (435 left - here's hoping for a very good and active weekend)

Has anyone taken on hosting duties for October? I'd be happy to take it on, if that would work.

865/500

Lower Fix from 21-day Fix and 5 minutes of extra stretching this morning.

Starting tomorrow, I'm focusing more on cardio than I did the past month, which was a little cardio and more strength training. I like to change things up. I'll still be doing strength training too, just not as much as before. I'll do this 2-3 weeks then change it up again.

I'm also focusing more on whole healthy foods as of tomorrow. When I used to do Weight Watchers's old Core program several years ago, I got the best results and felt my best as well, even my IBS improved when eating that way. It focuses on whole grains, lean meats, skinless chicken, fish, eggs, I could have a health shake once daily if I want, fruits, veggies and healthy fats (avocados, olives, 2 tsp healthy oils every day). You're supposed to eat until you feel satisfied, so no weighing or measuring is necessary, although it still weigh my meats and measure everything as well...I'm just comfortable doing that. But when I do this, I'm really in tune with my body's signals and make sure I'm never ravenously hungry or overly stuffed and that's the key. I still get the extra points weekly, which help make it more liveable when going out to eat, and also helps me work in a glass of wine here and there which I'm not giving up. It helps me avoid white flour and sugar as much as possible, and I know my body doesn't like white flour and sugar unfortunately. I know some people can eat a lot of those things and not gain weight, but I'm not one of those people. Hopefully I can really stick to this like I did in the past. For years already I've been focusing on the points every day on weight watchers, but I'm going back to my old way of the old Core plan. I just feel like it's healthier for me.

BANGZOOM - sounds like an awesome plan. I commend you for being so intune with your body when it comes to nutrition. That's something I'm not terribly discplined with.

biking today - 58 minutes

1123/1500 (377 left)

Updated, with 2 of us well over 100% - woohoo, good job SarahDisney and bangzoom! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2 Three more days for all of us to put in some healthy minutes!!

hmack...that would be awesome if you took October!

bangzoom - the foods you described for your holiday meal sounded so wonderful. I think I'll look up some of the desserts and try to make one. I too am impressed by your goal to focus more on clean, healthy foods. That's something I hope to get better at as well.

October's exercise thead is up and open for business.

Let's keep September's momentum going and roll right into October.

910/500 (LOL)

45 minutes of cardio this morning (Turbo Jam Cardio Party...the original...with tons of modifications for my back but got my heart rate up very well!).

Thanks for all the support everyone! I did very well with my eating today. I'm proud of myself! Now, I just have to stick to it. ;)

1202/1200

Yippee! May have to bump my number next month!

Thanks for getting October up, Heather.

Bonnie :worship: sounds like you've got things well-planned!

985/500

45 minutes of cardio today (Turbo Jam Cardio party), plus Upper 20 from Turbo Fire (upper strength training, 20 minutes).

Enjoying more cardio and getting my sweat on! ;)

weekend minutes - 212 I wasn't as active as I wanted to be, but every minute counts.

It was walking, yoga and a little tennis.

1335/1500 (165 left)

I have been MIA and totally didn't even exercise for a full week. DD was home from NYC for a few days for an orthodontist appt. and I just didn't keep up my regime (does mopping count?). It kind of scared me that I might be getting out of the habit of exercising, but I got back on the wagon!

Updating from last week:

Tuesday - elliptical, treadmill, stairclimber and legs - 50 minutes
Thursday - elliptical, treadmill, stairclimber - 53 minutes
Saturday - elliptical, treadmill, stairclimber, bicycle and arms - 70 minutes
Today - walking and stairs - 61 minutes

579/1000

Gonna fall oh so short of my goal, but I'm just glad to be back in the swing of things. Thank you for hosting! :goodvibes

2335/2000

Sunday - 70 minutes - walking and some general aerobics (walk in place type stuff - I do that when I don't have the energy for anything more intense)

My new goal is 2500 ... I'm hoping to get 100+ minutes in tomorrow and a 60-minute warm up/walk/run/cool down Tuesday, so it shouldn't be too hard

Quick midday update....Yay Linda, you joined the 100% club!

I'll update again tomorrow and maybe Wed as well to finish up the month. Good job to all!

I woke up with grand plans, but I didn't do as much as I had thought.

48 minutes

1383/1500 (117 minutes) I don't know if I have nearly 2 hours in me tomorrow.

1030/500

Woo-hoo, I doubled my goal for September!!! I did 45 minutes of cardio yesterday. I'm done for the month, as today is a rest day for me. Bring on October! :)

1377/1200

All righty. Now I know what to make next month's goal!

Thank you so much for hosting this month, 2TxAgs! :worship:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter