Sept exercise thread

A walk and some ab work.

I'm challenging myself to do at least 50 minutes a day, every day this week.

52 minutes

574/1500 (glad there's less than 1,000 to go. next benchmark is half way).

Sorry I've been MIA for a little bit too.
Since my last posting I've been running and elliptical workouts at the gym.
Added to that I had a running trip to Washington DC. Did way too much sightseeing before the race but it was worth it. :). And then the Navy Air Force 1/2 Marathon.
Loved the race. If anyone is considering it it has a talented field of runners but even the turtles like me feel welcomed. I highly recommend the experience.
Brings my totals to 701/1200
Thanks for hosting.

30 minutes on elliptical yesterday.

120/400 :thumbsup2

Updated thru scrump's post.

Keep it up everyone...we're just over 50% done with the month. As a group, we've got a combined goal of 16,400 minutes and we're 43% there!!! Keep on keepin' on :banana::banana::banana:

MRS AR - good for you training thru the summer for the Navy/AF half - I sure couldn't do it!

hmack - I like your 50 min/day challenge for the week. Small bites to chip away at your minutes...I may borrow your idea as I need some motivation.

mainemooncat - I'm right there with you on doubting reaching my goal for the month :worried: Not being too hard on myself, tho, I figure we all have to slow down at some point for stuff in our lives and when the time is right, we'll get our mojo back.

linda - how late does college start for your DS2? My kids are in their 4th week already...I thought Labor Day was about the latest start for anyone...guess I was wrong!

Sarah - way to be hammering out those minutes! You go girl! :woohoo:

Will have to join this for October! I use the MapMyRun app and walk/run between 2-6 miles every day.

Sorry I haven't been here in a while. Took a "unconnected" weekend and then ended up attending a birth overnight on Sunday, so spent Monday and Tuesday recovering sleep-wise.

On Saturday we attended a pumpkin festival and did LOTS of walking. Walked around for about 3hrs.

Yesterday I walked to the library and back. Round trip was 58 minutes.

477/1000

Tuesday - 40 minutes
Wednesday - 100 minutes

1405/2000

Tomorrow I've got a run scheduled, so that should be at least 75 minutes (between the run and walking to/from the park). I may even be able to make it to 1500 (75%) tomorrow! Wish me luck!

Sorry I've been MIA for a little bit too.
Since my last posting I've been running and elliptical workouts at the gym.
Added to that I had a running trip to Washington DC. Did way too much sightseeing before the race but it was worth it. :). And then the Navy Air Force 1/2 Marathon.
Loved the race. If anyone is considering it it has a talented field of runners but even the turtles like me feel welcomed. I highly recommend the experience.
Brings my totals to 701/1200
Thanks for hosting.

Sounds like you had a great time in D.C. Congratulations on the Half!!

Did a trail walk on campus yesterday, got a little turned around in the woods but the pro of that was that I got more minutes than I expected.

51 minutes

625/1500

Hope everyone has a good Thursday!

555/500

Adding 90 minutes...30 minutes of cardio and 30 minutes of pilates on Tuesday; 30 minutes of upper body strength training yesterday.

I've been using the 21-day fix workouts from Beachbody the past few weeks, with modifications for my lower back as advised by my physical therapist. I think I'll change it up soon, like in a week or two. I love them but I also like variety so my body doesn't get used to one particular routine for too long. I have a lot of other DVDs that I can do with modifications as well. Maybe I'll combine them with some 21-day fix workouts. We shall see! :)

837/1200

2TxAgs--state colleges here start late September and go through mid/late June. Not sure why so late. Just the way it is. Thanks for keeping track of us! :angel:

150/400

30 minutes on the treadmill!:thumbsup2

I hope everyone had a great day and is looking forward to a great weekend!

110 minutes for me today, which puts me at ...

1505/2000

I'm over 75%! Woohoo!

585/500

Adding 30 minute leg workout from yesterday. I'm curious to see how many minutes I make this month altogether. Since I already met my goal, my new goal is to just do as much as I possibly can and see how it turns out. :)

you know you're getting desperate for fitness minutes when you time youself doing sumo-squats while brushing your teeth. :)

Mostly walking today, some during lunch and then a walk and back to go out to dinner.

56 minutes

736/1500 - nearly 1/2 way! (not giving up on my goal quite yet!)

went on an anniversary date to go biking in Acadia National Park.

91 minutes

827/1500

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter