Sept exercise thread

Don't get discouraged - you're off to a GREAT start!!:thumbsup2

a short walk yesterday and then I set off for a run this morning and it didn't go so well. I even swallowed a bug - YUM! :crazy2:

56 minutes

198/1500

Thanks for the encouragement!!! :thumbsup2

adding 374 minutes of running and walking this week. I logged a total of 24 miles this week.

New total: 716/1200
:)

525/1200

I should be halfway by the end of Monday!!

DS#2 is up early this morning to go to the doctor and get his stitches out! Monday night he was playing basketball with friends and hit the rim with his forehead. 7 stitches. Glad we had a 20 year wait for a kid to get stitches. I don't like watching blood squirt out of their scalps! Thought he was fine but lately he's been saying that his head still hurts and he's sensitive to light. Hope he tells the nurse that today! Although I don't think there's much you can do for a concussion.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

back from camping - didn't do as much hiking as I had expected.

The back felt good, but man it was cold. Slept in a tent in 35 degree temps. I should have counted that whole night as fitness minutes, as I shivered for hours.

We had hoped to do some canoeing but the weather wasn't coooperating.

Saturday - 179 minutes

451 minutes/1500

I've got a lot of work to do.

525/1200

I should be halfway by the end of Monday!!

DS#2 is up early this morning to go to the doctor and get his stitches out! Monday night he was playing basketball with friends and hit the rim with his forehead. 7 stitches. Glad we had a 20 year wait for a kid to get stitches. I don't like watching blood squirt out of their scalps! Thought he was fine but lately he's been saying that his head still hurts and he's sensitive to light. Hope he tells the nurse that today! Although I don't think there's much you can do for a concussion.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Oh kids... I hope that it all works out ok.

Went for a walk this evening.

48 minutes

499/1500

435/500

65 minutes today...resistance training and pilates. 65 minutes till goal...I didn't think I would have the energy to work out as much as I have been since I went back to work almost 2 weeks ago (teacher here!). I'm pleasantly surprised that I've stuck to it and managed more workout time than I thought I could. I'll probably increase my goal in October. :)

Updated thru post #73. If I missed you, let me know!

I've done such a crappy job as host this month....I am struggling to get moving these last few weeks (too darn hot!) and even when we had a cool front over the weekend, I found other stuff to do rather than run/walk. I think I just needed a mental and physical break, and hope to get back on the right track soon. In any case, I hope to finish the month strong and I want to say GOOD JOB to those of you who are staying strong! Congrats on your hard work :thumbsup2

bangzoom - GOOD FOR YOU keeping with it during the first tough weeks of school. I'm so impressed :worship:

linda - hope the kid's stitches heal and he doesn't get friendly with any other hoops

hmack - brrrrr on the 35 degree camping. Haven't done that since I was a kid looooong ago! What a trooper

my2boys...24 miles in a week? Nice job! :banana::banana:

short lunch break walk today, but every minute counts

23 minutes

522/1500

465/500

30 minutes of yoga yesterday.

Thanks for the kind words...exercise helps me relieve stress and has helped me to adjust to my work routine again much easier. I know that might sound silly to some, but it really does help! :)

465/500
exercise helps me relieve stress and has helped me to adjust to my work routine again much easier. I know that might sound silly to some, but it really does help! :)

I think you are preaching to the choir on this thread!! :goodvibes

687/1200

Schedules are finally worked out, so now I can go back to swimming in the morning at the Y. Only one bathroom here and it was getting problematic in the mornings. Now that DS1 is taking an early bird class and has to be at school at 6:30 that frees it up! When DS2 goes back to college in a couple weeks it'll free up a whole lot more! :cool2: His stitches are out and was told 6 weeks until he is symptom free.

Heather--brrrr :scared: we are fair weather campers (it has to be really hot for DH to even think about going!).

Catching up from the past few days. Work has been terribly busy!

Sunday, Sept 14 - 28 minute walking
Monday, Sept 15 - 52 minutes walking
Tuesday, Sept 16 - 26 minutes running

Falling behind. A little worried for the month's total. :sad1:

505/1400

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter