• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sept. 7, 2012 - Magic NYC - Canada

Just want to say hello to all fellow DIS cruisers!:wave2:

DH and I booked it during the DVC special so I'm sure we'll be attending all their festivities while on board...I would imagine the sales team will be eager to entertain so many DVCers onboard.

We won't be doing FE, but it's nice to know we are among a large group of DISers:)

Hi Sue, We were on the Baltic together.... We're so excited! Monica and I can't wait for the cruise....

Virgil
pirate

Hi Virgil while my memory is going I do remember your name from the Baltic. Great to have you aboard this cruise! We are booked on the 2013 Med that goes to Greece are you going on that one? Sue

Hey everyone,

As promised, here is the periodic update of the Fish Extender list that does include participants after August 1st.

As a reminder the webform will remain live to grab any folks that want to add their name, however the consensus on the thread was to have a "cutoff" by the 1st (today). We always have a few extra FE gifts, or create something in case a last minute participant wants to join in.

I know a few people have posted additional easier to read lists so feel free to search around here or on the facebook page if you are looking for another version!

As always, if you have any questions feel free to email me at eoppie AT gmail DOT com

Look forward to be cruising in only a few weeks!

Thanks! I cant wait for our cruise!:cool1:

Two weeks to go....WOOHOO!!!!

I did all my laundry and packed for this cruise. Now I just have to do my carry on bag. It's getting so close and I'm getting very excited.

I'm ready to go.

Wow - I am the travel opposite of you. (I think my DH would prefer something in the middle). I will buy our wine/champagne a few days in advance. I'll do laundry 2 days before and pack the night before. I like to keep my options open!

I'm struggling with wanting the cruise to be here, but not wanting summer to be over. It's a dilemma.....

Happy packing!

Hi All

Just booked this cruise while on the Alaska Cruise with the Wonder (13th-20th) leaving out of Seattle. It was a fantastic trip, so fantastic we had to book another! We are so very excited to be on Magic on the opposite coast!
We just wanted to drop a note and share our excitement. Needless to say, we know we are too late to join the FE... But we will still have our Door decorated. We are DH Shawn 41, DS Kyle 5 and myself JaJa 40. We will be in stateroom 2603 and would love to meet you all...

Look forward to meeting you! Just want to clarify your stateroom #, it is on the FE List as 2063 :)

Thanks, we are involved in the FS but I making something with all dismembers that are here (hopefully I will get everyone). Linda

Hi my name is Christa and my DM is Cathie = HopeSparkles.Thanks! :)

I am Laura, and I am traveling with CaliforniaGirl09 (Monica).

Hi Laura, are you doing the FE? Because the only Monica I found on the FE was traveling with Susan? :confused3

:mickeybar:mickeybar ok, what will you be doing exactly at this time 3 weeks from now? Me - ordering my first :mickeybar from room service :mickeybar

Wow, in 6 cruises I didn't know you could order them to your room?!? :lmao:

Just saw the start of a trip report that said boarding didn't start until well after 12 and that cabins didn't open up until 2:30. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2977619
I've asked the OP if there was a problem that morning that delayed things or if this has been 'normal' for the NYC cruises.

Hmm, that's funny as DCL gave me a check-in time of 11:30am-12:00pm. :confused:

DH and I are not part of the FE group (we booked at the last minute and I knew I would not be able to prepare for FE); however, we are very excited about the cruise and I hope to join the DISmeet and champagne girls meeting. I wish my daughter had been able to make this cruise---the mother/daughter brunch sounded great!!!

Thanks for being so thoughtful. Just the two of us this time:

NC State Tigger Donna
DH Eli (Jack)

Welcome Donna! I wish I could go to the mother/daughter brunch as well. But my daughter will have entered her 26th week of pregnancy and of course is banned from cruises. At least I got to sail with her, my SIL and my cute little granddaughter in June but on that cruise there wasn't a large group of adult daughters sailing with their moms.

Aw, we would have loved to have you both at the Mother / Daughter Bruncheon I'm hosting in the Private Room in Palo. We are going to miss you but look forward to seeing you at the DISMeet, hope that you sign the Roaming Gnome magnet, and Ellas social. :cool1:

We were just talking about the outside movies! And, we were watching Lion King too Sunday!

I am hoping that they will treat us to early premiere of Finding Nemo 3D, it opens in theaters on the 14th, I read somewhere that they sometimes do that...pixiedust:

That would be nice if they did, but I am hosting a Finding Nemo 3D movie watching party on my 3rd cruise after this one.:3dglasses popcorn::

Hi All

Just booked this cruise while on the Alaska Cruise with the Wonder (13th-20th) leaving out of Seattle. It was a fantastic trip, so fantastic we had to book another! We are so very excited to be on Magic on the opposite coast!
We just wanted to drop a note and share our excitement. Needless to say, we know we are too late to join the FE... But we will still have our Door decorated. We are DH Shawn 41, DS Kyle 5 and myself JaJa 40. We will be in stateroom 2603 and would love to meet you all...

Look forward to meeting you! Just want to clarify your stateroom #, it is on the FE List as 2063 :)

Hi Jaja and Shawn,
I know that Margaret asked for clarification to your room number last night, but we're hoping you pop on here soon as I leave for the 1st of my triple B2B2Bs in a week and I'm finishing all my FE gifts this weekend. She noticed that you wrote in here 2603 but on FB's form it says 2063 which doesn't show up on the deck plan. So we are both hoping you can confirm for us that 2603 is the correct number please. Thanks as I would be so grateful! :worship:

:tigger: 14 Days and Counting :tigger:
Can you believe it - we are at the 2 week mark!!!!
Tammy :yay:

I can't believe that I leave in a week, lol! :hyper:

Sounds like a plan, can you believe this is our 6th Disney Cruise and we have never had a drink in one of the bars :confused3, nor attended a DIS meet. I also want to do the spa tour, never been there either. My swimsuit will be in my carry on as well - would love to hit the hot tub :) This trip is going to be so different traveling along with DH. We already talked about skipping the sail away party :eek:

Tammy
princess:

Tammy, this will be my 7th DCL and I've never done a DISMeet. The spa tour is a great way to try to win spa treatments, woohoo! I hope they pick me :yay:

Two weeks to go....WOOHOO!!!!

I did all my laundry and packed for this cruise. Now I just have to do my carry on bag. It's getting so close and I'm getting very excited.

I'm ready to go.

I'm ready to get on the ship this 9/2 woohoo! But, I have to finish making 50 more of the 250 FEs I have to give throughout the 3 B2B2Bs, sorting the pieces, proofing the labels, printing the labels, labeling and stuffing the bags, sorting the 3 cruises; printing magnets; 1 more load of laundry; packing the sorted clothes; getting my notebook sorted so I know which cruise is which, lol! Hmm... I wish I had an extra week :rotfl:

BTW, I have a wine question. There is a group of us on both the 9/2 and the 9/12 cruises that are bringing wine type items with us. Some think you have to have it in your checked luggage and some say you have to have it in your day bag. What is the rule as we don't want it confiscated? We know about the corking fee of $25 but not sure about how to get it on the ship. Thanks! :stir:

:genie: 13 Days and C ounting:genie:

Watching Aladdin today for my Disney fix

I have our dinner clothes ready to go (can't pack in suitcase yet, don't want to get wrinkled). I will finish the everyday clothes on Thursday before we leave.

Tammy
princess:

Christa,

I have always read that your liquid beverages should be carried on, not checked in your bags.

Tammy

Welcome - the sign up is still available for the FE if you want to participate. I know many plan for extras and late arrivals, just might not be everyone - the more merrier in our book (especially for your son).

Tammy
:yay:

Thanks for the invite to the FE, we are now signed up. We enjoy sharing our FE gift with everyone and it will be much easier to bring with us this time around. If others in the FE group dont have extra, please dont worry about it. It is all for fun and sharing a bit of magic!

Welcome aboard. Would love to hear all about Alaska, as we are going in June on Princess. What part of North Jersey? We're neighbors since we live right across the border in Suffern.

We live in Morris County in a town called Montville. We are about 30mins due west of NYC

Welcome aboard. You were getting on the Wonder as we were getting off! We were on the 8/6/12 to 8/13/12 Alaska sailing. I booked this upcoming cruise in late July. Just couldn't pass up the fantastic rates being offered and the opportunity to sail out of New York past the Statue of Liberty. I am from California, so opposite experience from you: our trip to Seattle was the relatively close and easy one. I loved Alaska, but that trip went by sooo fast. Having this cruise booked and knowing it was only a few weeks away kept the panic down a bit when I realized our Alaska cruise was over already.

LOL it is obvious that great minds think alike. We booked this cruise because we too couldnt pass it up for the price. It is pretty awesome to sail pass the Statue of Liberty and also going under bridges on the way out and in. The Alaska cruise was a once in lifetime experience. We had so much fun it was hard to not continue it on... Alas, time flys when you are having fun

Just want to say hello to all fellow DIS cruisers!:wave2:

DH and I booked it during the DVC special so I'm sure we'll be attending all their festivities while on board...I would imagine the sales team will be eager to entertain so many DVCers onboard.

We won't be doing FE, but it's nice to know we are among a large group of DISers:)

We too are DVC so we will see you there!

Ahhh the dyslexia kicks in-- or the exhaustion.. our state room in 2603, Thanks for catching that. Can you correct that on the FE list?

thanks

Hi my name is Christa and my DM is Cathie = HopeSparkles.Thanks! :)

Hi Jaja and Shawn,
I know that Margaret asked for clarification to your room number last night, but we're hoping you pop on here soon as I leave for the 1st of my triple B2B2Bs in a week and I'm finishing all my FE gifts this weekend. She noticed that you wrote in here 2603 but on FB's form it says 2063 which doesn't show up on the deck plan. So we are both hoping you can confirm for us that 2603 is the correct number please. Thanks as I would be so grateful! :worship:

we are in 2603 - sorry about that!

I'm ready to get on the ship this 9/2 woohoo! But, I have to finish making 50 more of the 250 FEs I have to give throughout the 3 B2B2Bs, sorting the pieces, proofing the labels, printing the labels, labeling and stuffing the bags, sorting the 3 cruises; printing magnets; 1 more load of laundry; packing the sorted clothes; getting my notebook sorted so I know which cruise is which, lol! Hmm... I wish I had an extra week :rotfl:

WOW- i am impress! and jealous!

BTW, I have a wine question. There is a group of us on both the 9/2 and the 9/12 cruises that are bringing wine type items with us. Some think you have to have it in your checked luggage and some say you have to have it in your day bag. What is the rule as we don't want it confiscated? We know about the corking fee of $25 but not sure about how to get it on the ship. Thanks! :stir:

We have brought wine/champagne and beer with us. We usually carry the bottle with us and the beer in the checked luggage. You can avoid the corking fee if you carry your owner bottle opener...we have never had a problem bringing it on board, you can even buy alcohol at ports and bring it on. We did that on the Mexican cruise with Disney

Any and all beverages MUST be hand carried on to the ship, this is stated on DCL's website.
The corking fee in the dining room is $20.

Is it 9/6 yet???
Been a bad couple of days for us, and a bad week for friends sailing with us.

DD & I were is a small accident the other night. She actually ran into me as a firetruck was going thru an intersection and we all had to slam on our brakes to avoid hitting the truck. We are both ok, but now I have to figure out how to get 2 cars fixed, that are both driveable fortunately, when they are in FL and I will be in DE. I have a feeling I'll be back down in FL not too long after this cruise to help her out getting the repairs taken care of. I'm grateful that we have good friends that will be staying with her in FL for about 3 or 4 weeks and they can lend a much needed hand if necessary.

Now to hope this storm doesn't cause flight delays since I fly north on Wed. and they say the storm may take an easterly turn after it passes FL. I really NEED a cruise!!!

Forgot to mention we're going to go up on 9/6 and stay the night in the city. I had booked the Comfort Inn on 39th St, but started 2nd guessing my choice so I kept looking for another hotel. Last night I finally decided to give Priceline another shot and I was able to get the Hampton Inn on 39th St for $111 + taxes and insurance for a total of $143. I'm thrilled since I had looked at the hotel and there was no way I was paying $339 + taxes for the night to stay there.
We'll drive up to Metropark and take NJTransit to Penn Station and either walk or taxi to the hotel depending on the weather and how much stuff we'll have. So looking forward to eating at Junior's and possibly John's Pizza.

Hi Laura, are you doing the FE? Because the only Monica I found on the FE was traveling with Susan? :confused3

No, CaliforniaGirl09 and I are not doing the FE. There are two Monicas. We would have been interested in the FE but just couldn't rally for it after doing an FE in Alaska just a couple of weeks ago. Hope you all have fun. We are planning to attend the DIS meet and the non-champagne girls "pink" meet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter