Sept 4-8 2005 Wonder S.S. Member Cruise!

Status
Not open for further replies.
dclmoving.gif
Good morning Cruisers!
We sail in 45 weeks!
dclmoving.gif

Good morning everyone! I post the above message every Saturday morning to the 12/18 group. We've been counting down for a number of months now. What do you think. If you hate it I won't do it. :D Don't want to be annoying - just want to keep everyone excited!

To answer Scott's question. Mark and I were wearing matching DCL shirts and I took my DVC card out of my DVC passport case I got on the last Member Cruise :D

Michelle - Mark and I weren't on the very first cruise with DVC but on the last DVC Members Cruise it was wonderful. Welcome home banners all over. They hoisted the DVC flag over the ship. They even had WELCOME HOME on the tv in the room!

Each night we would come back to the room and find a bag. The first night it was a mesh shopping bag to use in Nassau, then it was t-shirts to wear the next day for the group picture, then the last night it was a limited edition Steamboat Willie teapot!

The second day we went to CC they had DVC beach balls over all over beach! Another cool thing was the ship tour which is usually done by a CM was done by one of Imagineers who helped design the room.

All of that was very, very cool. I will say that the most special thing about the cruise was getting to meet so many DVC'ers and espeically the wonderful DIS group. We met so many we know consider friends. We're so glad to be cruising with so many of you again, as well as new friends we met at Homecoming, and the frieds we'll be meeting on this thread and cruising with next year!

Cindy - wait until your kids see the club and lab. They will be in heaven! We always like to go down the day before the cruise. We were hoping to stay at the Raddison at the port but they are booked solid. May stay at WDW. We'll definately put in a day or two at WDW before heading home.

I agree with Scott that we really have a great mix of people on this cruise. Experienced cruisers as well as first time cruisers. All with a love of DVC. Can it get any better than this? I don't think so!

One last thing - just to be on the safe side. Those of you who believe in prayer - maybe we should start putting our prayer requests in for nice weather - just in case. :D

I think we are going to stay the night before the cruise at Disney now. Mary and Mark are right the Raddison is totaly full! Hopefully we can have our DIS meet at one of the resorts. What do you think? Mary I like it!! Can't wait to see the numbers get smaller! I will also start praying for good weather.

Hello everyone. It has been a very long time since I have been on these boards, but I was so excited after getting through to MS yesterday that I thought I would jump in. This will be our 5th cruise (DH and me) and our 1st member cruise. I was actually packing for our trip next week to Maui (using points) while on hold with MS. We have had a blast with every DVC trip and I am sure that the member cruise will be no exception. Looking forward to talking and meeting with some of you in September!!

BTW Mary, I love the beginning of your last post letting all of us know how many weeks are left. I hope you keep doing that each week.

Cindy and Dave

:boat:

We are planning on staying at WDW the Saturday evening before the cruise. Also two or three nights after the cruise.

Yes, let's get together at WDW on Saturday evening.

As a first time cruiser and first time to attend any DVC member event, I am going to rely on everyone here alot!

Good morning Cruisers!

Mary, I for one love it! Anything to keep the excitement going! (like that will be hard!)

I look at my countdown clock, and cringe at the 313 days, but I remember the last cruise we took, I started a clock with over 400 days, and it was here before I knew it! The weekly countdown will be great!

I think we will be staying at WDW the night before also. I would love to take part in a get together, as long as it won't be inside any of the parks. We will only have passes for the days after the cruise.

Maybe we can meet on the beach at Fort Wilderness? It would make it easy for for people relying on Disney transportation to get there. Just a suggestion. :teeth:

Glad you guys like the countdown - I'll keep it up.

We've been talking this morning and we really think we'll be driving down for this one. We're going to WDW in June for a week and flying then. We figured driving would give us more flexability. This would be what we are bringing down (lots of buttons) and also what we would be bringing home. Since it is over Labor Day we would take Friday off work and still have 5 days off work. So we'd leave Chicago early Friday and get into Disney sometime on Saturday. With the Raddison sold out I think it makes more sense to stay at Disney Saturday night.

As for a meet place I think it would be a good idea to figure our where everyone is staying.

I like the idea of having it not be park related. I wonder if something like Downtown Disney, OKW or SSR might work. Downtown Disney is eary for everyone to get to on Disney transport. I think the quiet pool area of SSR which is right near the water overlooking DTD would work as well (people could walk over from DTD). We've got 45 weeks to figure it out!

John and Gail checking in. We have 4 children 20, 19, 18 & 10. The 3 older ones will be away at college and the 10 year old is staying with grandma and grandpa - so it is a solo trip for us!!!!!

We will be going back to WDW for Thursday - Sunday after the cruise. Before the cruise we will definately be in on Saturday maybe even Friday. I've enjoyed staying at the Radisson before our other cruises, but I'm thinking it might just be a little more magical oops I mean "wonder"ful staying at a Disney or DVC resort before heading to the Port. I liked Mark or was it Mary's idea of sharing transportation to the Port the next morning.

Gail

Interesting...

I just went to the DCL website and put in my confirmation number. My reservation came up. I am a little concerned because it says I owe 100% due by June 5 2005. I am sure it is just how the system is set up. Anyway, it gives the cash price for the cruise. The total for the 5 of us in a Cat 4 is $3266.90. Yet, when I added up what the cash price (if we used all cash instead of points) the total would of been $3854.00. Maybe that is how the gratuities are included?

Marie - ours shows 100% due too. I think that is because DVC hasn't exchanged the points/money with DCL yet. I wouldn't worry about it. The cruise is more expensive than a flat DCL cruise would be (as a few of the naysayers over the DVC board have pointed out), but things like the tips etc. have been added in. As long as your info is all correct I wouldn't worry about the $$$ due.

I just want to get in on all this action! I have to admit, I was one of those complaining about the fact that they are essentially double charging me for my two under two year olds, but when I found out tips were included, I was hitting that redial button just as fast as everyone else!! I was on the last Member Cruise and at Member Homecoming and I don't thing I would have been able to sleep if I wasn't included in this Member Cruise!!

That being said, it's me, DH and Emma (then 2) and Julia (then 11 months). I love to hear from more folks with little ones so my two can play!! The last Member Cruise, I was pregnant with Emma.....boy, how things change!!

I'm so excited!! I really don't think I'll be able to wait the 11 months!! :Pinkbounc

Mary,

Thanks for the countdown I like it! I was so excited all day yesterday that we got in I wanted to tell everyone. Of course not everyone is so in love with disney. This will be our fifth cruise but first without our sons. Also first member cruise. Looking forward to reading and meeting everyone here on the boards.

Yvonne

DH (Tom) and I (Annmarie) will be attending the member cruise too! We informed DS yesterday that we were doing this without him since he will be at college.

We are planning on staying at our home resort the night before the cruise and a day or two after it as well! We have attended Member Homecoming and Member Day. This will be our very first cruise and are looking forward to it.

Hi! I will be cruising with my sister. DH said if he was going to cruise, he wanted to go for longer than 4 days. Anyway, after almost an hour of dialing and waiting, I got a category 9 room, deck 2, port side. Can't wait!:Pinkbounc

Hi MaryJ, we're also Cat. 9 Deck2, port side! We could be neighbors!

Bobbi:D

I just thought I woud stop by to say happy Sunday to all here. Ted and I are still pleased that we are going. Not sure about the night before as we somehow got a Raddison room. :eek: So we may not change the ressie. Still time to finalize that. We certainly want to stay somewhere after too. Again, not certain where.

I need to get into work and reserve the week. I know the boss is really going to think I am crazy reserving time so early. Yes I am!
:crazy:

Yes please keep up the weekly counter.

Good to see a few more folks showing up here.

Will be making the after cruise reservation tomarrow AM.

I think we'll be flying in and staying at MIL's house--about 1 hour north of WDW. She is cruising on the member cruise too. Then afterwards we'll go to WDW for awhile--not sure how long. :)

Hi!
:wave2:

I am Carol! I am single and have been a DVC member since around 1998 (not 100% sure of the date!)

I have done one Disney cruise and one Royal Olympic cruise (boy are those night and day apart LOL!)

Right now I plan to take the boyfriend, but..... I may take my Mom. The boyfriend is not a Disney fan so mom might be more fun.

I think I will be crossing my fingers and flying down Sunday morning. I have season tickets for UT football and kickoff will be Saturday!

See you all soon!

Great countdown Mary!!!

I will be driving down to WDW before the cruise and John will probably fly in to meet me. Doesn't he have a rough life??? After the cruise, I just might go back over to WDW - I can never get enough!

This is going to be so much fun planning to see new and old friends!

As for the weather, thinking positive thoughts here - we will have great weather for our Second DVC Members Cruise!!! :sunny:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter