Sept. 30, 2006 -- Eastern Magic

If I manage to make it to Port Canaveral with my sanity intact it will be a miracle! :headache: DS4 got sent home sick from preschool this morning and Air Train cancelled our direct flight and put us on one that connects through Atlanta and doesn't get in until 10 pm on Friday (as opposed to our previous 7:30 arrival). DBF is trying to get us on the next earliest flight, which still connects, but at least gets us in around the time we were shooting for since we are meeting up with friends at the BoardWalk. I'm going to need a great big Strawberry Daquiri by the time we get to sailaway. :badpc:

UGH! Don't tell me that about Air Tran! How did you find out???!! I have to check in via online tomorrow and I have a direct flight out of MSP at 10:00am Friday!

Sheila - They sent me a confirmation email. I assumed it was just a reconfirmation until I read it closely and saw that they had changed the flights. I just about had a moose and called DBF. He got on the phone with them and got us on the earlier flight. It still isn't as good as our first flight was, but it should work. Apparently they just outright cancelled some flights from their schedule. I'm sure you'll be fine though.

Mamaraven - I just called Airtran - they cancelled my flight too!!!!!! I am now on a 1:30 flight, instead of 10:00am and don't get into Orlando until 5:44pm :guilty: THEN, they told me that coming back they changed me to a 10:00am flight. Um, DUH, I don't think so! I was on a 12:00 flight, changing planes in Chicago arriving home at 4. Now I am on a 2:36 flight, changing planes in Chicago arriving home at 7:30. :furious: When did they plan on telling me this? When I got to the airport at 8:00am Friday and would've had to wait until 1:30 for my flight???? I didn't get any e-mail.

Oh, well, beyond my control so I'm not going to worry about it. I just will make sure I voice my displeasure with the airline and won't ever fly with them again. No wonder it was so cheap! :rolleyes1

ALL I CAN SAY IS TWO MORE DAYS TWO MORE DAYS TWO MORE DAYS :woohoo:

i just told my boss that I was going to take tomorrow off too....hmm..he didn't think that was funny and gave me more files..I think he is hoping if he buries me under papers, I won't leave....

GUESS AGAIN!

Sheila - I vote for an Air Tran boycott. I've used Delta all my life...stray away once and look what happens. Grrr. :furious:

At any rate, In 48 hours we'll be in the air on our way to Orlando. :cheer2: Still too much to do before then!

Okay, I'm jealous. I'm at work until 1:00 p.m. (CST) on Friday. Left work early yesterday (sick!). Missed my business trip today to Minneapolis. :sad1: Sad because I was chosen to help pick out the interior for the new 787 airplanes with Northwest. Great opportunity and once in a life time chance. Oh well, guess I wasn't supposed to go. Good drugs and no longer running into the wall (inner ear issues).

Not packed! Nope, not one little thing in our suitcases. Things are set out but I haven't put them in yet. DH is now even trying to help. Kids even have that concerned look, like "Mom, we are going to make it...right?". Not to worry, I'll get it done. I can wing things quite well.

Starting to feel better so getting excited again! Tags renewed for the vehicles today :woohoo: . Hotel guaranteed for late arrival on Friday night. Reconfirmed AA for Saturday morning. Clothes ironed.

Wishing I was leaving tomorrow and Friday like most of you. Be careful on your drives/flights! See you on the ship. :wave: :cheer2: :banana: :Pinkbounc :cool1:

TraceyP :ccat:

DisneyDmbNut said:
annnddddd??

that tank is small? no??

Let's just say, I will be in a short sleeve white pullover with three safari mickey's across my chest. :lmao: I don't think the tank is quite my size or will fit across my chest. :rotfl: If only I were sixteen and a size zero. ;) Daisy Duke would be challanged into getting into it!!!

Betsy, I'm sending you a big hug. :grouphug: Any drink of your choice is on me!!!

Tell them to layoff the work. What is it with these companies!!! We say vacation and then by magic there seems to be more work showing up on our desks. Same thing at my job, it's been a rough three days, with a lot coming out of the woodwork. So glad I am done.

Well, got some last minute things to pack and then we are out the door by 6:30AM and off to Ron Jon's.

Great news Kim!!! :banana:

Have a wonderful night all!!

DiDi

I have the XL t-shirt that is plenty big! I will bring it so you match! Are you going to be at the port early?? If not..find me at sailaway or in #5520 and I will give it to you!

I tried my tank on this morning...XXL MY ****!!! maybe for a teenager!!

ps..Walmart has POC t-'s in the mens and womens section..very cute..DD will have one on Tuesday night on deck

oh..and they had POC sunscreen..ok..I couldn't help it...I got that too!

*Walmart sucker*

Betsy, :lmao: they just don't make real women like us in Quatemala!!!!

We will be real early in line probably around 10:30AM. If I don't spot you there I'll be at the sailaway and I got your room number.

Walmart, I left there recently a lot poorer!!!! :rotfl:

DiDi

Signing out for the night. I just put in Patrick's BEE to be washed with a promise that I would put it beside him tonight while he is sleeping. :love:

Good Night to all!!! :wave2:

Betsy - way funny on the POC sunscreen. I missed that! But I did buy the "POC I Love Jack" t-shirt! Doing my FINAL WalMart run tomorrow at noon when I get off work. I know what you mean about work. Tomorrow it will be soooooooooooooo nice to say good bye! Still ticked about my flights, but not much you can do.

We will probably end up at the port around noon Saturday. Spending time with Grandma & Grandpa in the morning. Quality time, you know!

ONE MORE 1/2 DAY OF WORK :woohoo:

We received our order today and looks like the shirts run on the small side. If anyone has some shirts that don't fit - maybe we can do an exchange.

Beachball Family - We are in cabin #7562

party:

CNB1124 said:
When did this happen?

The Fire Cruise was over our Spring Break in 2002. It happened around 2:00 am on Thursday morning. We were called to our stations around 4:00 and finally released around 5:30 a.m. The Mickey Pool and surrounding areas were closed, so the little ones were moved to the Goofy Pool, the adult pool became the kids' pool and the CM pool on the bow was opened for the adults. DH and I never got there, though. It had been a long night, and we'd been up since I first heard the running on deck 9 just before 2am. Friday, on CC, they began working on repairs (they had started cleaning up on Thursday). Plammen, our assistant server, was on the fire brigade, and he said it was an involved process getting the fire out.

What ultimately was determined, or at least shared with us, was that one of the diesel valves had "burped," catching stuff in the incinerator on fire. It then rose up the funnel. As you can see from the pictures at the link posted, the funnel side crumpled and the pipes and all leading out of funnel were greatly singed.

And....and exciting time was had by all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter