• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sept. 30, 2006 -- Eastern Magic

Thanks Dizneykids, I thought I remembered something about "noodles" from a previous post but I wasn't sure. We have a pool so DD6 swims pretty well (yep...we have some of those noodles out back) but last year (on a Nassau snorkle excursion) she just couldn't get the hang of breathing thru the snorkle - DS8 had trouble too, so it is good to know that they don't have to snorkle to have fun.

Jennifer

PS: DH works for Pepsico so he travels to Plano quite a bit to visit Frito Lay HQ.

jenschaef1 said:
PS: DH works for Pepsico so he travels to Plano quite a bit to visit Frito Lay HQ.

Frito Lay is just a hop, skip and a jump from us (translated as about 5 minutes). I was amazed when we were planning on moving from Connecticut about 14 years ago how many people knew about Plano, Tx (even though I was born in Texas [and transplanted against my will at an early age], I'd never heard of Plano). Now, having lived here for so long and seeing how transient a town it is, I understand. In our neighborhood, most folks only live here for 2-3 years; they work for Frito Lay or EDS or CountryWide or such for a couple years and are then transferred out. We're old-timers here!

Beth

Just signed up for the Golden Eagle am trip. My DD7 learned how to snorkle at Vero Beach a couple of weeks ago - we'll see how it goes! She is looking forward to it.

Hey Barney's Brood,

Sorry you've got the wrong Cathy! I was on the cruise with you last year, but I am not that Cathy. (Nope, not the one to give Didi the kitty picture).

However, I am still a fun Cathy! :goodvibes

I am sitting here with my sliding glass door open and trying to type. However, my fingers are not working well because they are cold from the window being open. It is way too early to have this chilly weather :sad2: I am so not ready for summer to be over.

Cathy

Bump us up. We are on the second page. Lets get busy everyone. Less then 3 weeks. We have to stay busy.
Kim

Morning!

Today is the last day to get the orders to the shirt lady!

Please send her an email if you want one! It is really fun to have matching shirts...everyone wants to be part of your fun group at sailaway!

Ejwspc@aol.com
or
Ejwspc@bellsouth.net

Hi Betsy,

Do you know how many more we need to purchase? I'll order a couple extra if it means we don't get them otherwise.

Thanks.

David

i have emailed her...I too was going to purchase some too...just waiting for her to tell me

We ordered our shirts over the weekend, but haven't heard back from her, yet. At least the e-mail wasn't returned!
Kevin

ok..i just talked to her..there are 22 shirts, David, I went ahead and ordered 2 XL to make the 24 since I won't have to pay shipping (she is hand delivering mine)

PLEASE!! EMAIL HER WITH YOUR REQUESTS TODAY IF YOU THINK YOU WANT THEM!!!

Oh..and the mickey ears are going to be purple...all the different colors were going to cause a delay..so I had them made purple since DIS colors are Lime, purple and white!

Hey, Betsy,
Only 22? Seems kind of slim, since we ordered 7 for our family alone. I'm wondering if she got our order. How do we know that she did?
Kevin

Just ordered a gift basket for my kids from The Perfect Gift! I can't wait until they see it!

We leave in 17 days! Woo hoo! :Pinkbounc :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :Pinkbounc

I know this is trivial, but I would really like to know if the new shampoo will be in place when we cruise!!

Does anyone have any inside Disney connections who might be able to answer this all-important question?

Ok we are doing the 1/2 doc dance :cool1: :banana: :Pinkbounc :cheer2:

Granny and one DS got theirs today. They are in the room next to us. Different reservation.

Now, where are ours :confused3 hoping they come tomorrow. Will keep on checking the ups man till they come!!!!!

Hope everyone had a great day. We leave in 18 days :cool1:

Kim

Kim: We too are doing the 1/2 doc dance, we have 2 rooms too but only docs for 1 room showed up (does this mean we have to dance on one foot :rolleyes: ) anyhow, I guess I'll get the other set tomorrow.

Looks like a few of us are doing the Golden Eagle excursion...I'll be that :crazy: woman with all the kids...can't wait, I love to snorkel.

Shopped until I dropped all weekend, but still have many things to buy. In case anyone needs water shoes, found kid sizes (up to a generous adult size 5) of "Land End" water shoes and water sandals at Sears for $ 10.00 (really really nice quality) forgot to check on the adult sizes.

More later...off to DS first "fall ball" baseball game of the season:cheer2:

Jennifer

Well we finally got our documents, so its official, we will be on the cruise. Can't wait, less than 3 weeks away. This weekend will consist of a baseball game and maybe taking the girlfriends son to shenandoah river to fish, then the nationals game on sunday. Next weekend we have the renaissance festival to go to up in maryland then we are off to the carribean. woo hoo. Can't wait, who is buying the first round?? More than likely that first sunday i will be found in one of the bars watching at least the redskins game. Ciao :wave:

i believe, according to the laws of Beano, last one to receive the docs, buys the first round!

DOIN THE DOCS DANCE! :cool1: :banana: :cheer2: :Pinkbounc :woohoo:

Question on the docs - Am I supposed to receive luggage tags with them if I'm not booked through DCL for air? Don't think I did, but will check again.

Am working with Shirley on birthday gift basket for DD. Every morning she takes a link off the chain and squeals with delight :cloud9: It's great! I'm just as excited as her!

Went to Claire's, Party America and Wal-Mart - they all have GREAT pirate stuff! pirate: DD got a CUTE pair of earrings for pirate night AND formal night. Party America had STUDDED pirate patches. Oh, My! Speaking of pirate night, are we allowed to wear jeans that night? I got a cute pirate t-shirt from Wal-Mart and I'm thinking they would go well with just plain jeans??? If not, I can find something else I guess. :guilty: DD has a CUTE Orlando Bloom/Will Turner (sigh) Pirates T-shirt and jean bermudas.

Got some nice water shoes for DD at Target for $2.50 on clearance, too. It pays to wait until the end of summer for great clearance sales!

Gotta run and get back to work.

P.S. PATRICK - I will be with you - I am a huge VIKINGS fan - sorry about the game last night :woohoo: Portis looked outstanding, but just not enough! DD was asking me where I was going to watch football. I reassured her there would be games to watch onboard. :happytv: She basically looked like this: :furious: :rotfl2:

you should have gotten green luggage tags with your name and cabin # in your docs

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter