• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sept. 30, 2006 -- Eastern Magic

DisneyDmbNut said:
we are doing the stingrays too...after the Croc Hunter..I wanted to show Kate that stingrays aren't bad

I know what you mean, I had to explain to Danny that the stingrays at CC don't have their barbs and can't sting. I think he will still be a little apprehensive -- he usually is about stuff like this. I still feel horrible about the whole accident. :guilty:

Hello All,

We will be with you all on the September 30 Cruise! There are 19 of us ranging in ages from 3-69, sort of a family reunion. :goodvibes I think I am the only one on these boards though, the others have know idea how addicting this board can be! :teeth:

I wish I had time to read all the posts-you guys have been busy! :goodvibes I really meant to get on and read them this summer but time just seemed to fly by.

This is our 3rd Cruise on the Magic and I certainly hope not the last!

See you soon!

Cathy

:banana: :banana: :banana: Doc dance Doc dance :banana: :banana:

When I opened the door to go get the kids from school, there they were on my porch. Guess I didn't hear the ups man when he came. Probably a good thing. I may have had to hug that man. :hug:

party: :jumping1: party:

DisneyDmbNut said:
ATTENTION ATTENTION!!!

Ok..here is the email for Erin/t-shirts - use subject "Cruise Shirts"

Ejwspc@aol.com

Give her your name, address with zip and what size shirts you need..if you need XXL there is an additional charge ( i think $2.00 )

If you wanted Tanks..please specify what size is to be a tank...

please do ASAP as she needs to get them in and shipped for some that are leaving sooner!

I have given her the rough list I had ...but please verify what your dis name is and email subject "CRUISE SHIRTS" when you give her the sizes

I tried to e-mail her and the e-mails keep being returned

We are booked thru Costco also. Talked to them yesterday, told they dont send out docs till day 14. She told me if we dont have by day 12 to call back :guilty:

I am ready to do the doc dance will all of you. :banana:

Hope everyone having a good day, will be back later tonight. Have to go to DS school tonight for open house. He is in 3rd grade and in a spanish class, boy do I hate that homework :sad2: wish I had taken spanish in school.
Kim

No docs here yet, either. I even called my apartment manager to tell her to keep on the lookout as I am at work during the day and can't sign for them. They usually leave pkgs with the manager.

Betsy, thanks for your hard work with the shirts. I will give her an e-mail. Weather here is turning sour for the weekend. Highs only in the low 60s. I'm not ready for this!! B

ut we leave three weeks from tomorrow :Pinkbounc :woohoo: I can't stand this. I absolutely think I'm going to go crazy before then. Or drive everyone else crazy talking about it :rotfl2:

kimmcbee said:
Hope everyone having a good day, will be back later tonight. Have to go to DS school tonight for open house. He is in 3rd grade and in a spanish class, boy do I hate that homework :sad2: wish I had taken spanish in school.
Kim

Kim, we'll have to get our two 3rd graders together to chat. Danny has been taking Spanish since kindergarten (it's part of their curriculum). I think it would be fun to listen to these two amigos try to carry on a conversation, or at least count! :rotfl:

Still no docs, no upgrade, no palo brunch. But anything can happen in 3 weeks!

Night all, Angela :faint:

Angela...
Kate had spanish for 1st and 2nd grade too...It was a magnet program her school offered..1/2 the day in engish, half in spanish..We moved and transfered her to the school close to home but they don't offer it here...she understands way more than she lets on...i think she gets shy when she speaks

I too hated the spanish homework..the instructions were in spanish and i had to fight to get the teachers to translate them!

Angela, I am sure the boys will have fun together. I am dying to tell them about the trip,. but that would take all the fun out of it. They go to spanish for an hour of the day. We have our first spelling test inthere today. Had open house at the schoolm last night and many parents concerned because we cant tell them the spelling word because we have no clue!!!!

For those whe are interested. DMIL went to dr yesterday, nothing else to be done. Hospice will start today at 10. We have all had a really bad night with it. She has a great outlook. She is ready to go home because he job here is done. That was the hardest to hear last night. Lots of pixie dust for her. Will keep you all updated.

On a better note, we leave in 21 days!!!!!! :banana: :cool1: :cheer2: :Pinkbounc

Kim

Readytocruisefrompa said:
No Docs yet but I'm working on my packing list, does anyone know the address for the warehouse to ship ahead? Lisa

Lisa,
This is the address listed in the FAQ section. It also suggests that you call DCL to confirm that this is correct.

IDS
9001 Marlin Street
Cape Canaveral, FL 32920

DisneyDmbNut said:
Angela...
Kate had spanish for 1st and 2nd grade too...It was a magnet program her school offered..1/2 the day in engish, half in spanish..!
Is this some kind of secret code they are teaching our kids - kinda like pig latin to fool their parents???!!! :lmao: :lmao:

Lisa, are you sending boxes ahead of time? DH said we should do that too, but I just don't want the extra task of getting boxes ready and shipped out. I do ALL the packing, of course. :rolleyes: What are you shipping ahead of time? Not too nosy, am I? :blush:

Kim, sounds like you guys had a difficult night with some sad news. Try and get some rest because I'm sure you're gonna have to be strong for DH and the kids. Prayers and pixie dust to your MIL and whole family. Like Didi, I'll also do a "special intention" at church on Sunday. I'll be thinking about ya'all. :grouphug: Plus, I think you will all be pleasantly distracted in about, oh, 22 days!! I love that you were able to keep the secret. :bitelip:

Hey David, I never commented on the snapshot of your family -- what a great looking bunch of cruisers! My family could probably blend right in with yours and you'd never know the difference. (Danny's pretty tall too for a kid, 4'8" for an 8yo.) I'll have to try to post a picture so everyone knows what we look like ahead of time too.

Gotta get DS off to school. Talk later.
Angela :crazy:

Hi Cathy,

It's DiDi, (Barney's Brood) you are going again...I'm so thrilled. I still have the little kitty you gave me for my birthday last year. What are your plans pre cruise? We are staying at Ron Jon's. Give me the scoop girl!! :teeth: Hey we need to meet up somewhere on the ship, maybe at the coffee cove. You know me and my coffee drinking. :coffee: :hyper: I can't wait to see you again. :cheer2:

Okay, Spanish class will be held on ship with all the following: Patrick, third year of Spanish, Danny, Kate and Kim's son....I forgot his name. So Sorry. Now who can we get to volunteer to help them with their Spanish homework? Any takers out there? :rolleyes1 Let's just say, I took one semester and kicked myself out of the class. I know how to say Hi and where's the bathroom. :lmao: That would be it. As for helping Patrick with the pronouncation, let's just say I know how to slaugher a language!!! :rotfl2:

I just printed out my Mulan Disney Calander for September and my eyes see that there are 20 days to my departure. OH MY GOSH...I'm getting hyper.... :hyper: :hyper: ::yes:: :hyper2: party:

Got to get back to work. :moped:

DiDi :grouphug:

Babal FIsh can help with some translation! I was lucky that my neighbor was from Panama, so she helped too.
There is a couple that just moved in 2 doors down..they are from S AMerica so she is helping Kate keep up her spanish since she doesn't go to class anymore..I am also thinking of getting her a tutor. In Florida, being bi-lingual is needed

David - the t-shirt girl got your email...

ok..we need to have a MINIMUM 24 shirts! She can take order through monday!! Please send the email to Erin

if your email gets sent back, try using ejwspc@bellsouth.net

DisneyDmbNut said:
ok..we need to have a MINIMUM 24 shirts! She can take order through monday!! Please send the email to Erin

if your email gets sent back, try using ejwspc@bellsouth.net

Hi Besty,

I sent in my order yesterday to the email provided, but I'm not sure she got it. So I just sent it to her again with the email you just provided. That should bump the order up to 3 more.

DiDi

Hi All,

I've updated the roll call. Please tell me if you want any updates made.

Betsy: I increased my order by 1 so I think we should only need 3 more shirts. I'm sure a couple of us wouldn't mind an extra shirt. Hmm? Anybody?

Bracelets: I'm going to extend the ordering of bracelets until Sunday night @ midnigt EDT. Anybody interested? About $2.50 each with shipping.

Cathyscrapper: Hi! It's David & Kathy from Barney's Brood last year! Welcome aboard.

I can't find my packing list and I feel VERY unprepared. DiDi can attest to how much I like to be prepared.

Back to work.

David

kb1esx said:
I can't find my packing list and I feel VERY unprepared. DiDi can attest to how much I like to be prepared.

David

OH DAVID,

The horror of it all!!! :eek: :eek: :scared: You are not prepared, welcome to my world!!!!! :rolleyes1 :teeth:

Love Ya,

DiDi

Betsy: I deleted my t-shirt order :confused3 . I just can't swing it expense-wise. I already bought the two from disney.com, so I just am going to wing it with those. I e-mailed the t-shirt lady and told her to take us off the list. Sorry for the inconvenience, everyone! :blush: On another note, you should have Kate send Baylee a PM when she gets a chance. She asks about her all the time.

David: I DO still want the two bracelets. How are we paying for them?? Do we pay you, or.........??

THREE WEEKS FROM TODAY AND WE LEAVE FOR FLORIDA :woohoo: :woohoo:

Hi Again All,

Lets try to meet in Parrot Cay for lunch and on Deck 10 for the sailaway party.

Any takers?

David

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter