Sept. 30, 2006 -- Eastern Magic

Boys still have no clue. They are still thinking that we are going to my moms for the week. They are still trying to figure out what to do at her house when we get there. Cant wait for all of you to see their faces when they figure it out.

David if we can only do adult bracelets, get us all adult sizes, that way the other boys wont feel left out. Thanks again for doing that for all of us.

We are in much need for this vacation. I will start counting hours soon. still at days. 29 and counting.
Kim

Kim,
It's a small world!! How old are your children? Do they even know they are going on a trip?

How dressed up are you planning to get for formal night? I don't want to be too formal that I feel foolish but yet don't want to feel out of place for being underdressed either.

Ladies, what are you thinking?

I have a very nice longer black flowing skirt, not quite ankle length with a cream halter-type blouse and black shawl. I also have a red slinky thing I may wear. Bringing both and will decide when I get there. I may save the red for semi-formal night.

David, if we can't get kids bracelets, we'll take all adults too. That actually might help us out a bit...

As for formal wear, I also have a long black skirt (light velvet) with a black/floral sheer blouse and tank. For semi-formal I have a navy flow-y skirt with suit jacket/blouse with sheer arms. No slinky anything for me. :sad2: :lmao: :lmao:

As for a DIS meet, I think David mentioned having lunch at Parrot Cay on embarkation day. David????

Kim, I hope the tests go well for your MIL. My MIL had that as well. She fought it pretty aggressively and was around longer than the doctors had predicted, so here's some pixie dust and prayers coming your way... :wizard: pixiedust:

Angela

Sorry to hear about your MIL Kim. My Mother survived 5 bouts before it finally got her in 11/99. Wish you good luck. :thumbsup2

Cindy, Boys are 4,8,11.. My non has a house in Ft Myers and they think we are going to visit for a week. She will be here and is driving down with us.. Of course she is also sailing with us. WHen we get there dad is dropping us off and then will drive back around drop luggage and park. I have to go and get the "tour ticket" fot the tour they are giving that day. I figure the oldest willl figure it out shortly after we get there, but the faces of all will be priceless!!!! I now have to figure out about gettimg us all in matching shirts I bought.

Angela thanks for the pixi dust we need it at this point. When she was diagnosed we were told 10 mths. now it has been 17 mths. She is a fighter, just hope she can keep up the great fight.

Off to work, now the real countdown begins. only 28 days till we leave.

Kim

'

Kim..i posted last night, but i guess i didn't hit submit..

My father died 5 days before my sister's DCL cruise in 2003...my mother INSISTED my sister go on her cruise..my dad would have been very upset to know she had cancelled her trip for him.
He had a brain tumor and was given very little time...he did fight for a long time...i have been where you are..it was very hard to let go.

Hi All,

Kim: I'm so sorry to hear what your going through. I've been there w/both parents and I think I speak for us all when I say that we'll be here for you too if you need a distraction or an ear.

Bracelets: I was looking at another site and I think I can order just the number we need but they would all be Medium. This is what they have to say on size: Size PDF File

I believe the cost should be similar. I'll let you know later today.

David

Betsy you are funny, actually its not slinky, but when I put it on the other night DD said "oooooh, mommy, sexy". Yeah, right. Did you ever hear from the t-shirt lady? How much do we owe?

Kim, we are praying for you that everything turns out alright. Good luck with everything.

Can't wait to meet everyone!

CNB1124 said:
Jason and Kim,
Where do you live? We live in Murfressboro. We are on year-round schedule and get the first two weeks of October off for fall break.

We live in an area of Nashville refered to as Crieve Hall - its slightly north of Brentwood. I've done a bit of work at the Nissan plant, so I'm fairly familar with the Smyrna/boro area. Especially the lunchtime resturants!

I'm a big fan of Fall breaks. Our girls go to a small private school. I don't know if Nashville public schools have a fall break or not. We don't even take a vacation in the summer, its just too hot - certainly too hot for Orlando. Early October is a perfect time, and less crowded to boot.

Only 4 weeks!

Jason.

Hello everyone!

Wow.. work has been insane!! If I ever hear about the Doodlebops and Wiggles again, it will be too soon!!

So ready for this cruise! Two of my other friends booked it as well, so very excited for my belated birthday cruise.

28 days til we sail! woohooo!

I have not heard from the t-shirt lady..I was going to have it so you could all pay her direct and she would ship the shirts...i have been so dang busy here at work that I can't get an extra minute to do the shirts...i even had a nightmare the other night that she didn't ship the shirts till the day before the cruise!!!

Hi All,

I found a different bracelet company that will allow us to order any # of bracelets as long as they are the same size. They reccomend 'MEDIUM' 20cm. Their web site says that this size should cover 85% of the population. They would cost about $2.50 with shipping.

I would like to place the order by next Friday, Sept 15th at the latest.

Please let me know if your still interested and how many. I'll assume that right now the roll call has the correct numbers.

Have a great weekend all!!

David

Davis we are still up for 6 bracelets. thanks for allthe hard work.

\jason, no davidson county is not on break or neice would be going with us. \we are Rutherford county and are on break.

Cant wait to meet you all
Kim

Just checked the disney site, seems that we got bumped up to a cat 8 from a cat 10. We are now in room 5000. Megs is getting very excited, she gets a vacation from her son. I am getting excited also, i get a break from my boss and work for a week, however i may be on the deck studying for an exam at the end of october that i need to take.

We went to a friends house last night and were discussing how we met and how things just fell in to place. We had both signed up for eharmony, well my subscription was gonna run out the day after she contacted me, so we had emailed for about a week and finally decided on having dinner at a japanese steakhouse. Food is always awesome, but come to find out, she had 3 dates set up for that weekend, i was the first though, and actually i wasn't too excited about the date either, but it was the japanese steakhouse. We had a great time and decided to go bowling afterwords, well on the way i decided to be spontaneous and give her a kiss on the way over in my truck. From that point on she was gone, then again so was I. She went on her second date but ended up text messaging me through it while i was doing GPS work over on the eastern shore. She cancelled her 3rd date and now we are living together. I am sure she has more details as i believe all women do, men tend to leave out minor details. Now we are on our first vacation together and have been together now for 7 months and i can't imagine being without her. Ok, just feeling a bit sentimental this AM, don't know why, she must have drugged me while i slept. Hope everyone is having a great weekend. See you all very soon.

P-dawg :smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter