Sept. 28, 2013 - Fantasy - Western Caribbean

Me to!!! Thinking of other FE gifts to make for the kids. I haven't decided for the adults yet.

Send me a PM including the following info to join the FE

Room number
Names
Ages (some people personalize their gifts depending on age)
Any allergies
Fun things you like about Disney
Email you want the list sent to

How do I send a private message?

Hello Everyone, I'm Mike. We'll be joining you all on this cruise and will be staying on the 5th floor aft. Along for the ride is my Wife and 4 kids (9,7,6,3). Just came across this thread and started going through it from the beginning. Only got to page 10 so far.

We've only done 1 cruise before on the Dream last September. We decided to another one for our 10th anniversary. Hopefully get to see some of you onboard!

Also Renysmom I'll be PMing you to be in the FB group.

whoop apparently I didn't have enough posts to send a PM :confused3

Oh well no worries, I found the FB group with my ninja like Internet skills. Catching up with the previous forum posts in this thread and going through another thread that's been super interesting about cool things Disney doesn't necessarily advertise. Starting to compile a new list of stuff to do/see/remember for this cruise.

We had a blast this past September but it was a very short (3 day) cruise on the Dream. I wouldn't recommend ever doing one that short. There's just not enough time to do everything that you NEEEEEEEED to do :p

Check the FB page, I sent a request there since I can't PM :thumbsup2

Just added you :-) no hurry on the PM... As you read on you will see your not the only one that needed to get the 10 posts! Lol tell us a bit about your family. Talk away :-) lol

Hah! Yes I see that. I've been lurking these boards for (literally) years but never actually signed up. For my last cruise I got tons of tips and tricks from here and another few forums. You'll see I'm a lot more active on FB since I'm on there regularly.

We're heading in from Harrisburg area in PA and driving down. My inlaws have a house in Orlando so we're staying there the day before and the week after the cruise. As I said before we have 4 kids. The acronym designations this board uses escapes me so I'll put it in English: 9 year old boy, 7 year old girl, 6 year old girl and 2 (almost 3) year old girl.

It took me years to talk my wife into going on a cruise as she has anxiety issues with small boats. Had to convince her that a ship isn't going to be nearly as bumpy as a boat which is why we took the 3 day cruise. Now we're both hooked although I'm quite a bit more obsessed with planning and organizing the trip than she is. She just goes along for the ride popcorn::

Since I'm trying to get my posts up to 10, here's a fun fact I learned on the Dream and I think is the same on the Fantasy. If you're outside your stateroom in the hall way and you want to know which way is forward and which is aft, look at the carpet. The carpet in the hallways have captains wheels on them with a world map in the middle. When the map is up right, you're facing forward. and aft is behind you. If the map is upsidedown, turn around :thumbsup2

Since I'm trying to get my posts up to 10, here's a fun fact I learned on the Dream and I think is the same on the Fantasy. If you're outside your stateroom in the hall way and you want to know which way is forward and which is aft, look at the carpet. The carpet in the hallways have captains wheels on them with a world map in the middle. When the map is up right, you're facing forward. and aft is behind you. If the map is upsidedown, turn around :thumbsup2

Lol yes! I can't remember exactly maybe my DH will see this post he may remember I think there's something that tells you if your going aft or forward. I'm going to do the art tour this cruise! I heard you can learn a lot! Is that how you learned this?

Hey Mike,

Welcome... Be sure to find my post on FB, if you are gonna participate in the FE exchange. I'm making personal gifts for kids and need to make sure I get their names and age to make them. And for those of you I have missed, please let me know on FB. I go on there more than here. I know Sarah is organizing the FE. I just need more time to make gifts. So the earlier I get names and ages the sooner I will get some out of the way. Don't worry adults/parentsI have a few things in mind just haven't decided. Lol. :) can't wait till sail day!!!!!

Argh was trying to explain with a picture but apparently I can't post a picture until I'm past 10 posts:headache:

Hey Mike,

Welcome... Be sure to find my post on FB, if you are gonna participate in the FE exchange. I'm making personal gifts for kids and need to make sure I get their names and age to make them. And for those of you I have missed, please let me know on FB. I go on there more than here. I know Sarah is organizing the FE. I just need more time to make gifts. So the earlier I get names and ages the sooner I will get some out of the way. Don't worry adults/parentsI have a few things in mind just haven't decided. Lol. :) can't wait till sail day!!!!!

Hello! I was just talking with my wife about the FE this morning (read: explaining it to her) so I'm still not sure if we're going to do it or not. She doesn't like thinking about this stuff until (in my opinion) it's too late.:rolleyes: I'll try to force a decision out of her :cheer2:

Finally! 10 Posts!

Here is what I was talking about:

V7Xnx

When you look down at the carpet and see this, you're facing forward and aft is behind you. If the "map" is upside down when you look down, forward is behind you and aft is ahead of you. Just helps since sometimes it's hard to orient yourself in the hallway with no windows.

Finally! 10 Posts!

Here is what I was talking about:

When you look down at the carpet and see this, you're facing forward and aft is behind you. If the "map" is upside down when you look down, forward is behind you and aft is ahead of you. Just helps since sometimes it's hard to orient yourself in the hallway with no windows.

That's neat!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter