Sept. 27 - Oct 1 crowds??

lifeguardette

Mouseketeer
Hey all, so my family is planning a trip to Disneyland September 27-Oct 1. What so you all think of the dates? It's there any big events that weekend that I need to be aware of?? Thanks!!

I was here almost these exact dates last year... it was OK. I did find it a bit busies that expected. Some days there were lots of line ups at the gates which seemed to baffle the cast members.

Look through the history of the boards to those dates of last year to get info from people who were posting threads while at the Parks.

Hey all, so my family is planning a trip to Disneyland September 27-Oct 1. What so you all think of the dates? It's there any big events that weekend that I need to be aware of?
Halloween parties will likely be on Friday and Tuesday evenings.
If you are staying onsite, Gay Days rates are available starting 9/28. Gay Days are the following weekend.

We were there that week last year and found it pleasant and not too crowded at all. The longest line was for Toy Story Midway at DCA and it was about 40 minutes.

I'd highly recommend going back at that time!

I guess it depends on how conservative your views are regarding Gays. I'm very laid back and don't have problems with them in general. I went during Gay Days in Oct 2010, and had no problems. However when we went during the same time frame in 2011 it was a completely different story. In Sept 2011 during Gay days we saw groping, french kissing, and I felt this was inappropriate for a family based park. I don't have problems with hugging, holding hands etc. But when we went some the behavior was OTT(over the top), and was a bit was a bit much even for us. And we are very laid back and don't have problems with any one. FWIW I did complain to Disney, and made them aware of it. So you need to be aware of this. They are easy to spot, as they wear Gay Days t shirts. Otherwise we thoroughly enjoyed our stay there, and while we would go back during Halloween, we would avoid the first weekend of Oct because of Gay Days.

Nonsuch- how do I get the gay days rate??? I called disney and the girl I spoke to had never heard of it...

I guess it depends on how conservative your views are regarding Gays. I'm very laid back and don't have problems with them in general. I went during Gay Days in Oct 2010, and had no problems. However when we went during the same time frame in 2011 it was a completely different story. In Sept 2011 during Gay days we saw groping, french kissing, and I felt this was inappropriate for a family based park. I don't have problems with hugging, holding hands etc. But when we went some the behavior was OTT(over the top), and was a bit was a bit much even for us. And we are very laid back and don't have problems with any one. FWIW I did complain to Disney, and made them aware of it. So you need to be aware of this. They are easy to spot, as they wear Gay Days t shirts. Otherwise we thoroughly enjoyed our stay there, and while we would go back during Halloween, we would avoid the first weekend of Oct because of Gay Days.

:confused3 What does this have to do with this thread? :confused3

And fwiw, I have seen plenty of inappropriate behavior for a "family based park" from all types of couples at DLR. Some people just sometimes forget they are in public --- or just don't care perhaps.

Nonsuch- how do I get the gay days rate??? I called disney and the girl I spoke to had never heard of it...

See the link in Nonsuch's post above. :goodvibes

- Dreams

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter