• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sept 25, 2011 Wonder - Mexican Riviera

Oh No!!!!! Flooding?! I read that they did some work on the plumbing during dry dock. One of our showers didn't work (we had two rooms, so we had a second shower, luckily). They fixed it quickly though.

Jen was the woman who helped me the day we left the ship!!! She is on our very long list of people to write a thank you note to! She was an amazing support person.

I totally understand crying when leaving the ship! I cry every time.

Yes flooding! I read that plumbing part too (last night) and thought to myself, well someone messed up! The rooms that were on the same side of the hallway also got flooded, just not as bad as us, possibly one room worse than us, just not sure. Our new room had toilet issues, it didn't want to flush, they fixed it & it did it again. It was a quick call for them to fix it "from the inside" and not having to actually come in the room. Something about water pressure.

I am sooo glad you were blessed with awesome trip insurance and Jen who helped you as well. I am glad everyone in your group is also feeling better.

Were you a "Orange Goofy" tag, large black bag? If so it was with our luggage and was the only one left in the terminal. I hope you find it!

That's our bag! DCL lost and found called me this morning and said they would UPS it to us. We should have it soon if all goes well. Thank you!

Yes flooding! I read that plumbing part too (last night) and thought to myself, well someone messed up! The rooms that were on the same side of the hallway also got flooded, just not as bad as us, possibly one room worse than us, just not sure. Our new room had toilet issues, it didn't want to flush, they fixed it & it did it again. It was a quick call for them to fix it "from the inside" and not having to actually come in the room. Something about water pressure.

I am sooo glad you were blessed with awesome trip insurance and Jen who helped you as well. I am glad everyone in your group is also feeling better.

I thought the same thing about the plumbers!!!! I know Sigrid and family also had plumbing issues. I think their toilet wouldn't flush.

Thanks!

That's our bag! DCL lost and found called me this morning and said they would UPS it to us. We should have it soon if all goes well. Thank you!

This warms my heart!!!! I LOVE the Dis and Disney!!!

Looks like the cruise was fun and/or eventful for everyone who went! I was not on this sailing, but I am going on a MR cruise later this year. Did anyone go on the Majahuitas and Yelapa excursion in Puerto Vallarta? We booked this one for our large group of 9 people. Dying to know if anyone else has done this and what you thought!:goodvibes

Interesting! We had plumbing problems too! The toilet wouldn't flush several times during the week. On Monday morning the engineers said it was a problem for an entire section of rooms. Later in the week, my DH said that all of the toilets by the aft stairs on decks 3, 4, and 5 were out of order. I hope this won't be a persistent problem for the Wonder. One of the rare blemishes on an otherwise fantastic vacation.

Interesting! We had plumbing problems too! The toilet wouldn't flush several times during the week. On Monday morning the engineers said it was a problem for an entire section of rooms. Later in the week, my DH said that all of the toilets by the aft stairs on decks 3, 4, and 5 were out of order. I hope this won't be a persistent problem for the Wonder. One of the rare blemishes on an otherwise fantastic vacation.

Our second room (with the toilet issue) was deck 5 as well.

Sigrid and fam were on deck 6 aft. I think they said it was a problem for a group of rooms. We were also deck 6 aft and didn't have that problem. Just a non-working shower.

We were deck 5 aft and if you delivered FE gifts to our cabin you would have needed to make your way around that HUGE yellow fan and the endless wet vacs in the hallway. There was a plumbing leak the whole week (soaking wet hallway carpet). Our hostess was none too pleased as it was difficult to maneuver her cart around all the unattended equipment (especially avoiding the piles of dirty dishes). It was quite the obstacle course. Our room never leaked and we could always flush (thank goodness) but one day our sink started making a horrible gurgling sound. I was scared nasty stuff was going to come shooting out but it eventually stopped. The plumber in Vancover is fired for sure.

The "dry dock" was still going strong after we were disembarking. They had drained all the pools and were repainting/repairing them (something I was actually going to suggest as they were so rusty but Disney beat me to it) but overall it was a gorgeous ship that really didn't show its age (very old as cruise ships go). Can't wait to do it all over again!!!

Thank you everyone for the absolutely wonderful FE and wedding gifts! i had an absolutely amazing time, and I couldn't have asked for more. Yay for new friends and lots of great memories! I posted our photo links on my PJ if you want to check them out. :goodvibes

also huge thanks to all the great so creative FE gifts! (mine also sucked im terribly sorry).

and we had a plumbing thing too, last couple days the carpet by the bathrooms was super soggy-wet. !!

Awesome!!! That's such great news!!!! :cheer2:

Now here's hoping I get a call from DCL soon saying they found my camera! (Yeah, I know .... I won't hold my breath).

This was our 4th cruise but our 1st time participating in FE. We loved coming back to the room or opening to door to find surprises waiting for us. Thanks everyone for the gifts...they were all great. We are planning our cruise with several family members in 2013 and I'm already thinking about ideas for the FE then.

This was our 4th cruise but our 1st time participating in FE. We loved coming back to the room or opening to door to find surprises waiting for us. Thanks everyone for the gifts...they were all great. We are planning our cruise with several family members in 2013 and I'm already thinking about ideas for the FE then.

It was great meeting you Rob and Cheryl! I loved finding the mickey ears sprinkled all over our door--I assume they were from you? By the way, did you make the key chains? They were really nice! :thumbsup2

"It was great meeting you Rob and Cheryl! I loved finding the mickey ears sprinkled all over our door--I assume they were from you? By the way, did you make the key chains? They were really nice!"

Yes the mickey head magnets were from us...after talking about them by our door we grabbed a few off our door and passed them on to you. Glad you enjoyed.

I have to tell you as we were trying to deliver the gifts to your room we kept running into you and your family. In fact we were walking down from one end of the hall towards your room when your family turned down the hall so we went the other way. Then just was we left your door from delivering our gifts, your door opened. :rotfl:

I did make the keychains...with the help of a dear friend that sews. Same friend helped me make by FE for the door. It's always great to have someone who knows how to sew.

We had a great trip! I ran into a few of you (and will post of pic of us soon, because I'm sure I ran into more of you...LOL) Just a note we were the ones w/ the Mexican Feista Mickey w/ our names on the shirts the 1st day/boarding day.

All I can say is amazing! We had a great time & plan to return in 2013 for another DC.

Disney was wonderful...we had an unfortunate event happen to us as well...my Moms DH brother got very ill & passed away, Disney set up the internet, phone & was ready to make travel arrangements back for my Mom & her DH. BUT since it was already Thur, they decided to stay...w/ the flights/transfers it would have gotten them back almost the same time we would have been arriving via ship.

We had a few issues w/ my DS (1) he didn't care for daycare...so we didn't get as much "alone" time as we wanted but it still worked out & we still had a wonderful time. My DD LOVED the Oceaner Club...she asked to go daily!

I have a friend asking my favorite moment/time on the cruise...but it’s so hard to pin point just one. I love so much about it!

PLUS A BONUS we ended up hitting Disneyland on Monday...didn't know why I hadn't thought of it sooner but my in-laws & sister in-law were already in route to LA to go to DL on Monday, so we said...WHY NOT join them & we did!

Thank you all for the wonderful post & tips...I really used some of your tips/suggestions, I plan to continue to follow these boards & plan 2013!

next time, I totally plan on doing FE!! I walked by & loved seeing them hanging w/ goodies...we were on deck 7 and had our door totally decorated (I thought there would have been more) BUT all our door was missing was the FE..so next time!

All

We have just got home again. I will try and post pictures, thanks, messages starting next week once Kirsten is back at school. Miss you all so much.

sigrid

omg LUVBNMOM i did see u!! im the one toting the baby in the orange stroller :) i didnt know thats who u are. im really sorry bout ur moms BIL. :( thats awful.
and sorry ur 1yo didnt like the daycare.. they all sorta started to wail. we just left him and ran, and i would check like half hr later.. did he just keep crying? Mine usually went to sleep (cuz i dropped off late.)

the keychains were awesome! whered u find the ribbon for that?? thank u.

the keychains were awesome! whered u find the ribbon for that?? thank u.

Thanks. I stumbled across the ribbon on ebay. Then when I went back to actually buy after knowing how many I needed but couldn't find it again. :eek: I had to go back to my ebay history and was able to find the seller again. I sent her a note asking about it and luckily she was still selling it. She just didn't have it listed on her site. :banana:

You should have seen us ironing on and sewing 10 yards of the ribbon to the webbing. It was a site.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter