Sept 25, 2011 Wonder - Mexican Riviera

Hi Jennifer
I was reading through all the posts and noticed you are a HS'er also. We look fwd to meeting you all. My dd will be 9 on the cruise.

Hi!!!! Isn't it fun being able to travel off season? Honestly, this is one reason we still homeschool. Have you started yet? We started last week. I have a 10th, 8th, 5th, and kindergarten this year. Is your dd in 3rd? I look forward to meeting you!

I am going to try to stay caught up. We went out of town last week for an overnight and I haven't been able to catch up since! We leave in ten days to start our trip! Ack! So much to do!

I am going to try to stay caught up. We went out of town last week for an overnight and I haven't been able to catch up since! We leave in ten days to start our trip! Ack! So much to do!

Is there anything I can do for you and have ready for you when you get here?

Sigrid

Aw. Thanks! Everything I have to do is here, unfortunately. But Meg and I are looking forward to meeting you both!

OK. Look after yourself. I know that in the last few days run up to any vacation we all stress out a little making sure we've got everything we need. Just know that it is all going to be worthwhile.

OK all here we go:

Deck 2:

Sokimura: Sabrina & Ryan; DD Julia (4); and DD Alyssa (6 1/2) - 2104

Sica1799: Jessica & Robb - 2122 On Honeymoon

Avas: Debra & Andre; DD Ava (8) - 2568 Ava turns 9 on 09/28

Mamacrumbcake: Karen & John; DD Madeline (13); and DD Tina (11) - 2610

Deck 5:

Super*Mum: Heather; DS Slater (10) - 5139

Kbushue: Kammy and Kevin - 5636 Weddingmoon - If anyone would like to attend please PM Kammy asap as she needs to provide names etc. I believe the ceremony is taking place at 5pm on 09/27

Deck 6:

Johngar: Laura and John - 6500 Not certain but I think this is a wedding anniversary

Yukongirl123: Janice and DS Trevor (20) - 6503 - Please treat Trevor as though he is a teenage boy

RJLechner: Cheryl and Robert - 6566

DVC_Corry's: Jennica and Chris; DS Caden (6 months) - 6594

Jennifer_in_MI: Jennifer and Steve; DS Sam (15); DS Andrew (13); DS William (11); and DD Margaret (5) - 6620/6622 Please note an FE will be hung outside one of these cabins to include everyone

swx72: Sigrid and John; DD Kirsten (4) - 6632

Deck 7:

Kawigrl: Tracy; Dmom JoAnn; and DD Stephanie (18) I have included Stephanie amongst the women in numbers

AussieFan: Cathy and David; DD Brittany (14); and DD Sarah (11)

SoccrMom: Denise and Mike; DS Mark (14); and DS Drew (11)

Deck 8:

HBmomof2: Alicia and Matt; DD Megan (5 1/2); DD Lauren (23 months) - 8050

Wideeyedwonder: Sheri and Greg; DD Rebekah (13); DD JoJo (9); and DD Olivia (9) - 8092

sdKT: Katy and Larry; DD Madelyn (6); and DS Nikolas (8 months) - 8500

Pargafam: Melinda and Ruben; DD Nicole (9); DS Joe (8); and DD Jadyn (8) - 8594

My breakdown would be:

Cabins: 19

Toddlers (0-2) = 3
Girls (2-6) = 5
Girls (7 and up) = 11 (Includes daughter of sokimura)
Boys (7 and up) = 8 (Includes son of yukongirl123)
Men = 16
Women = 21 (Includes daughter of kawigrl)

Total participants = 64

Please note these age group breakdowns are purely there as a help it is entirely up to you how you do gifts ie whether it be one per cabin or one per person broken down by age group etc (and you may choose to break your age groups down differently)

Is anyone else celebrating a birthday/anniversary etc whilst on the cruise. Have I put the wrong details next to anyone. Please let me know as soon as possible so I can correct these mistakes.

Also we are currently looking at holding a "meet" on departure date at 3.05pm (so that those of you wishing to attend the draw at the Spa can do so) on the Promenade Deck. Exact details to be given in the next week so that those of you leaving sooner will have all the information.

Apologies if I've got anything wrong.

Sigrid

OK the final numbers of last weekend remain as stand. I've not heard back from luvbnmom as to whether or not she wanted to definitely participate and I have to put a cut off in place as I am aware that for some of you this is your last weekend before you travel and are doing any last minute shopping.

With regards to the meet up this will take place at 3.05pm before we set sail on the Promenade Deck. Can someone else that has done this before give me a more exact location please! Please note that this meet-up is open to everyone not just those participating in the FE!

Rule:
This is the only one and that is that if any of you suddenly upgrade your room ie at check-in etc remember it is up to you to notify everyone. You will need to go around that first day to all the rooms and slip a note under their door notifying them of the change because not everyone is likely to make it to the FE

I don't think we had any other rules except to HAVE FUN! (If I have missed something sorry just let me know).:woohoo:

I don't think we had any other rules except to HAVE FUN! (If I have missed something sorry just let me know).:woohoo:

You ROCK, thanks for organizing this!

I have a 10th, 8th, 5th, and kindergarten this year. Is your dd in 3rd? I look forward to meeting you!

Is your 8th a boy or a girl? I have a DD13 in 8th.

Ok cuz im crazy i called them :) heres the fresh info:
2: formal/captains gala
3: nothing
4: also cas
5: sept 29 - PIRATE
6: semi-form
7 - cas
8-Home.

Thanks!

hi on your cruise they realesed a vinylmation 3" was wondering if anyone would be kind to buy one for me i can paypal you the funds + shipping to florida please advise we collect dcl pins and vinylmation but its hard to get this one we will be going on the dream next month if you need aqua duck vinylmation from there we can trade

thanks in advance

tom and diana

tomaphillips@earthlink.net

You ROCK, thanks for organizing this!

Is your 8th a boy or a girl? I have a DD13 in 8th.

Thanks!

My 8th grader is a boy. Andrew. He hangs out with everyone though! What are your dd's interests? Andrew plays piano and guitar. He is a black belt in karate. He plays a LOT of baseball on a travel team. And he likes video games!

Do we have the room numbers for Deck 7?

Oops apologies

Kawigrl: 7122

Aussiefan: 7562

SoccrMom: 7610

I will update the full list tomorrow when I am at the desktop rather than on my IPad.

How are your wedding moon plans coming? Are you excited/nervous?

Sigrid

Yay! I've finished organizing all the FE gifts. They are all sorted and packed.

Now I can start thinking about the unimportant stuff - like clothes:rotfl:

Yay! I've finished organizing all the FE gifts. They are all sorted and packed.

Now I can start thinking about the unimportant stuff - like clothes:rotfl:

Good for you.

OK have your organised the following:

Someone to keep an eye on your house.
Provided family/person looking after house with itinerary/contact info (Trust me my family learned the hard way from this about 20 years ago and now always make sure everyone has contact info)
Put post/mail on hold (can only do 2 weeks in advance here)
Cancelled daily newspaper

I'm sure there might be other things too, but these are the main. Funnily enough I was about to put a general reminder out so not picking on youj.

Sigrid

OK all here we go:

Deck 2:

Sokimura: Sabrina & Ryan; DD Julia (4); and DD Alyssa (6 1/2) - 2104

Sica1799: Jessica & Robb - 2122 On Honeymoon

Avas: Debra & Andre; DD Ava (8) - 2568 Ava turns 9 on 09/28

Mamacrumbcake: Karen & John; DD Madeline (13); and DD Tina (11) - 2610

Deck 5:

Super*Mum: Heather; DS Slater (10) - 5139

Kbushue: Kammy and Kevin - 5636 Weddingmoon - If anyone would like to attend please PM Kammy asap as she needs to provide names etc. I believe the ceremony is taking place at 5pm on 09/27

Deck 6:

Johngar: Laura and John - 6500

Yukongirl123: Janice and DS Trevor (20) - 6503 Please treat Trevor as though he is a teenage boy

RJLechner: Cheryl and Robert - 6566

DVC_Corry's: Jennica and Chris; DS Caden (6 months) - 6594

Jennifer_in_MI: Jennifer and Steve; DS Sam (15); DS Andrew (13); DS William (11); and DD Margaret (5) 6620/6622 Please note an FE will be hung outside one of these cabins to include everyone

swx72: Sigrid and John; DD Kirsten (4) - 6632

Deck 7:

Kawigrl: Tracy; Dmom JoAnn; and DD Stephanie (18) - 7122 DD Stephanie in included amongst the women in numbers

AussieFan: Cathy and David; DD Brittany (14); and DD Sarah (11) - 7562

SoccrMom: Denise and Mike; DS Mark (14); and DS Drew (11) - 7610

Deck 8:

HBmomof2: Alicia and Matt; DD Megan (5 1/2); DD Lauren (23 months) - 8050

Wideeyedwonder: Sheri and Greg; DD Rebekah (13); DD JoJo (9); and DD Olivia (9) - 8092

sdKT: Katy and Larry; DD Madelyn (6); and DS Nikolas (8 months) - 8500

Pargafam: Melinda and Ruben; DD Nicole (9); DS Joe (8); and DD Jadyn (8) - 8594

My breakdown would be:

Cabins: 19

Toddlers (0-2) = 3
Girls (2-6) = 5
Girls (7 and up) = 11 (Includes daughter of sokimura)
Boys (7 and up) = 8 (Includes son of yukongirl123)
Men = 16
Women = 21 (Includes daughter of kawigrl)

Total participants = 64

Please note these age group breakdowns are purely there as a help it is entirely up to you how you do gifts ie whether it be one per cabin or one per person broken down by age group etc (and you may choose to break your age groups down differently)

Is anyone else celebrating a birthday/anniversary etc whilst on the cruise. Have I put the wrong details next to anyone. Please let me know as soon as possible so I can correct these mistakes.

We will be holding a "meet" on departure date at 3.05pm (so that those of you wishing to attend the draw at the Spa can do so) on the Promenade Deck. This is open to everyone, not just those participating in the FE. Please could I have suggestions from those who have been on a cruise before as to an exact location!

Rules:

1. If any of you upgrade you need to slip a piece of paper under the door of everyone participating as soon as possible so that they know where you are (ie as soon as you settle into your cabin)

2. Have fun

Helpful Reminders:
1. Don't forget to put your mail on hold or make sure someone collects it for you daily. No need to advertise you are out of town.
2. If you get a daily paper delivered make sure you have cancelled it at least 2 days before
3. Notify your neighbours of the fact that you are going to be away even if they are not the ones keeping an eye on your property so if they see anything strange going on they don't automatically contact the police
4. Have you organised for someone to keep an eye on your property. Even if you've turned everything off you will probably still want someone to do a walk round every 3-4 days (make sure they have a key just in case)
5. My family learned the hard way (yes, my Grandfather had a stroke whilst we were on holiday when I was 18 and no one knew where we were. By the time they had tracked us down he unfortunately went into a coma. Thankfully we still got back in time to say our goodbyes). For this reason our family and whoever is minding our property (housesitter in this case as we have 3 dogs) has a full itinerary of where we are/what we are doing with numerous forms of contact even if we don't have activated cellphones.

OK I'm not neurotic just OCD when it comes to organisation. Trust me I've loved every minute of this FE. Wideeyedwonder (Greg) I loved taking over from you hope you don't mind that I get so excited.

Apologies if I've got anything wrong.

Sigrid

Thanks again for organizing!
We wish everyone that is leaving soon safe travels!!!
Do you all wear 'formal' dresses for formal night? On our last cruise, I did. I was hoping not to get too formal this time. Do people go all out on DCL?

Uh, we don't want to be "formal" either. We are so not formal people. If its super formal we probably just won't go.

my mother wears a pants suit and my daughter and i wear dress pants with a nice blouse, maybe a cardigan over it we hate formal clothing

Thanks again for organizing!
We wish everyone that is leaving soon safe travels!!!
Do you all wear 'formal' dresses for formal night? On our last cruise, I did. I was hoping not to get too formal this time. Do people go all out on DCL?

Hate to tell you but I have bought myself formal wear. Since moving over here I have had so few opportunities to dress up that I used the excuse. Admittedly it was in the sale last weekend and was about 60% off, but also got another semi-formal dress too. My husband was going to make do, but ended up buying new clothes yesterday in the sale. Worked out to be an even better deal becausevwhen we got home and looked through the receipt we realized that his pants had not been rung up and were therefore free. Do I feel guilty, a little but everything was there.

Also bought a beautiful white cotton dress for my DD reduced down from $44 to $17 and yet rung up at $4.50. I love a bargain. Today we are organizing our walk-in closet. I managed to get my husband to part with some clothing yesterday which is an extremely rare occurrence. BTW he has over 2/3 of the closet and my section isn't even filled.

I still need to finish some of my FE, but will do that once husband and DD go back to work/school on Tuesday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter