Sept 24th Magic Girls Only Cruise--PreTrip Report!

ashleylovesthebeach

Mouseketeer
First off let me start by saying I am so excited! :banana: This vacation comes at a time when I myself need it the most as this summer blew by without any relaxation! (Well unless you count the awsome Kenny Chesney Concert we caught in Charlotte! :lovestruc )

Let's start with introductions. On this cruise will be myself DBF1 aka Ashley and DDF2 aka Maria. Last year we had a third characater with us, aka Jean, and started the tradition of a "Girls Only Cruise" I had never been on Disney but was convinced that us "Girls" could have fun on Disney without children. I wonder could we? Was there really that much for us adults to do besides just lay by the pool?:confused3 Boy was I wrong! :rotfl2: I had the best time ever and am now hooked on disney! So here is our story!

I am 28, married and have two children. I work full time at one job, work part time for a hospital and am in nursing school! :woohoo: My wonderful husband has agreed yet again I derserve a good vacation however we can not fit a family vacation in right now with his schedule, the childrens school schedule and my gigantic calander! :scared1: Then comes along my wonderful DBF Maria. She had the bright idea that we should do a girls cruise, again, while on one of my school breaks! And the best part is my wonderful husband said sure!:banana:

So we are booked on the special three night sailing of the Magic when it comes out of dry dock on Sept 24th. DBF Maria is an avid planner and loves to plan Disney vacations! (Her and her DH go a lot and she seems to know all the tricks and trades! ) So we have decided we are going to do the MSHHP at Magic Kindgom the night before our sailing. We are staying at AKL and I have never stayed there before. I am very excited. We have decided to do Palo's because last year it was just devine! :yay: We have book some spa time which I am so looking forward to! :cloud9: If this cruise turns out like last time we will also be closing down the adult clubs each night because we love to dance, make friends and have a great time!:woohoo: I also mentioned that after our cruise, we can't just go home. It will only be a Saturday. We all know what it feels like the day you get off the ship and I for one do not enjoy that "Vacation is over--Back to the real world" feeling! :sick: Sooo knowing my DBF Maria, I knew it would not take much to convince her we should stay in Florida till Sunday. So we have ressies at CB and are going to do some park hopping Saturday. We also are going to the HDR Saturday and I can't wait!:dance3:
Well I think this is it so far! Only 23 Days until we leave the very hot and sunny state of SC. Our cruise docs arrived on Thursday and I think we just about have all our plans ready to go!
Florida-Disney-Disney Cruiseline-- Here come the sweet southern ladies from SC so you better watch out! :rotfl:

Only 23 Days until we leave the very hot and sunny state of SC. Our cruise docs arrived on Thursday and I think we just about have all our plans ready to go!
Florida-Disney-Disney Cruiseline-- Here come the sweet southern ladies from SC so you better watch out! :rotfl: [/SIZE][/COLOR]

Aw, come on! It's only 90' here today. That's cooler than it has been.

What part of SC are you from?

Oh, it has def been better these past couple of weeks! I am from Columbia. It doesn't really bother me though because I love the not warm sunshine! :cool1:

:rotfl: Well on two weeks and two days left until we leave for Florida! :banana:
I hope all these hurricanes hurry up and come and go! I don't want anything to ruin our Castaway Cay day! That is my favorite part of the trip! We have a tradition of getting on the island early. We start by enjoying the sun on our floats. How awsome to just lay in the beautiful clear water, look up at the sky and leave all our worries behind. After lunch we usually catch a few more rays before heading to Heads Up around 2ish. It is so awsome sitting at Heads Up facing the ocean with drinks in hand preparing for a night of great food and dancing! This stuff can really get addictive! :rotfl:
Anyway I have been in school two weeks now and the pressure is on. We start our clinical rounds next week and I have a lot of work to do since I will be missing a week for the trip! I will def need this trip by the time it comes.
Also, can't wait to meet our fellow Dis'ers!:thumbsup2

I love to dance too so maybe I'll see you out on the dance floor! We are doing a girls only trip too to celebrate my sister's 35th B-day which is the 25th and my best friends bachlorette party. This will be my sixth Disney cruise and the third time the three of us have all been together. It's such a blast and I'm sure you are going to love the Magic. They are basically the same but the few differences are wonderful.

Oh -yeah - the party is getting closer!! :woohoo: :drinking1 :drinking1 party:

We just found out yesterday we were upgraded from a category 10 to a category 7! We got the verandah!!

Ashley and I are so excited about our Girls Cruise - not much longer now, 11 days! We will def be at the "clubs" everynight - last cruise we closed them down each night! :rockband: :dancer: :jumping1:

Love the trippie report - keep it coming Ashley - love hearing about our own cruise!

Hello...My SC Neighbors!! I'm so excited for you!!:banana: Sounds "Wonder"ful...wait, that's my sorta Girls Trip in Dec....Going on the Wonder with BFF and 3 of her kids..and I'm taking 3 of mine...I know it's NOT all adult BFF..but, it closest I can get to it...HOWEVER, it does get me thinking about the future...So, I can't wait to hear all about your trip!!

Well we only have one week untill we leave SC for FL! :woohoo:
I am very excited. I may not have posted this before but I work full time and I am also in nursing school. I have two major test before we leave for vacation so by the time next week gets here I will be very ready to hop in the car and go! :teacher: That brings up another issue. Gas prices! :scared1: Gas here has spiked very high and that is if you are lucky enough to find a station that has some or does not limit how much you can get. I have not read any post on here concerning this issue so I think when I am done I will post a question to see what the situation is in FL. We have looked into flying down but those prices just doubled also! :confused3
No matter the situation us girls from South Carolina are ready to have some fun and we will have it even if we have to walk! Or bounce! :jumping1:

Any way I have read where some people start packing a couple weeks in advance. I have not started yet. My plan is to work and study all week and begin washing Friday night! :laundy: Then Sat I have to work. Mariatia3 and I are going to get pedicures after we get off work Sat :cloud9: and then go buy our FE gifts! :grouphug: I am sure somewhere in between we will have lunch and :drinking1 drinks to celebrate "Only a few more days left"! We will celebrate almost anything! :rotfl: Then Saturday night I plan to try and start packing. I will probably finish up on Sunday! I will also have to pack my childrens bags as they will be going to stay with their grandmother. Monday will be spent at work and taking the very much dreaded nursing exam! However, once that test if finished we will have less than 24 hrs left! :banana:

That brings up another issue. Gas prices! :scared1: Gas here has spiked very high and that is if you are lucky enough to find a station that has some or does not limit how much you can get. I have not read any post on here concerning this issue so I think when I am done I will post a question to see what the situation is in FL.

They have gone crazy in the last few days. I looked at my receipts last night and noticed that I filled up for 3.49/gallon last week, and 4.09/gallon yesterday. I've heard that up in Travelers Rest prices are at 4.89. My parents live in Sumter and they said that it's as high as $6 down there.

Oh well, it's still cheaper than flying. And from Simpsonville we can get there in about the same amount of time as if we fly through Atlanta. Of course, I drive kinda fast.

They have gone crazy in the last few days. I looked at my receipts last night and noticed that I filled up for 3.49/gallon last week, and 4.09/gallon yesterday. I've heard that up in Travelers Rest prices are at 4.89. My parents live in Sumter and they said that it's as high as $6 down there.

Oh well, it's still cheaper than flying. And from Simpsonville we can get there in about the same amount of time as if we fly through Atlanta. Of course, I drive kinda fast.

Actually we found airline tickets yesterday very cheap. We got round trip tickets for right at 2. It would take us about 5 tanks of gas to drive down and they average about $70.00 so we decided to fly!
Very exciting!

I know our ship doesn't leave until Wed but we are leaving SC on Tuesday so one more week! We have decided with gas prices that we are going to fly and we booked our flights yesterday. This actually will cost us less than driving! :banana:
Mariatia3 flew last year to Europe but she is still a little nervous. I flew once when I was five and don't really remember so I am very excited but also very nervous. Our flight down has a stop so for the first leg we are flying on a very small plane. A crop duster they called it! :upsidedow But I am still excited!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter