Sept. 23, 2012 Pacific Coast - Wonder Cruise

BigDisneyOE said:
Do I pack the kids long trousers and t-shirts as well as shorts and t-shirts for daywear at the parks? I know San Fran is a lot like Welly, so I've got that covered but I don't know what San Diego and LA are like in September.

It's usually pretty warm in September in LA and I imagine the same in SD. San Francisco is all over the place year round, so you'll want to dress in layers there and bring a sweater and jacket for the chilly sea nights. Unfortunately, you may need shorts and t-shirts as well as long trousers and warmer shirts. Some Septembers it's downright hot, especially in Anaheim. Like 90's hot.

I plan to bring layers for my kids. Probably three pairs of shorts and three long pants, plus short sleeved shirts and sweaters/hoodies. It can be a little chilly in the air conditioned parts of the ship as well, so I always keep a light jacket or sweater handy.

Got one set of cruise docs yesterday. Still waiting for the others. Getting them really makes it seem real, doesn't it? :)

It's usually pretty warm in September in LA and I imagine the same in SD. San Francisco is all over the place year round, so you'll want to dress in layers there and bring a sweater and jacket for the chilly sea nights. Unfortunately, you may need shorts and t-shirts as well as long trousers and warmer shirts. Some Septembers it's downright hot, especially in Anaheim. Like 90's hot.

I plan to bring layers for my kids. Probably three pairs of shorts and three long pants, plus short sleeved shirts and sweaters/hoodies. It can be a little chilly in the air conditioned parts of the ship as well, so I always keep a light jacket or sweater handy.

Thank you, thank you. The boys had a blast this evening when I bought out all their new clothes for the summer season and made them try them on months early. I've washed a heap to take with us and they went to bed very excited they have Lightening McQueen pjs to go to Disneyland and the Wonder with! I'm going to have to pack a heap as we will be coming from winter and it will probably feel very hot to us for a few days and we'll need tanks before getting into t-shirts and longer stuff.

DH found a series of four TV programs tonight on the Disney Parks, one of which was DCL. So he recorded all of them to watch with the kids next weekend. He had a sly look at the DCL one just now and you couldn't wipe the smile off his face... I think he's 'getting it'. :yay:

atmail35 said:
Wow...41 days, that is crazy! Welcome aboard to all that have just joined!

Question, if someone can help me. I thought I told DCL about DD's food allergies when I booked and folks on the Disabilities board keep saying to make sure it is noted. Where do I see this? I looked on-line and at my confirmation from my TA and am not seeing it. Do I need to submit the medical form to have it noted? So confused, sorry!

Thanks!

I cannot believe it is almost the middle of August! School starts back up soon, then the cruise! :cheer2:

When you get on board, there will be reps in the main bar. You can meet with the main rep from food services and have any dietary requirements attached to your party. They are extremely cautious with all allergies and dietary concerns. After your first day, you will be at ease.

Enjoy!

I think he's 'getting it'. :yay:

I feel ya! My DH thought I was nuts with all my talk of FE's and "door magnets" and now that he's been doing his own research online, he's getting way more into it and even has some sort of surprise planned. Gotta love that Disney spirit!

Ohhh, I forgot about Casa Guadalajara. I have eaten there and it was awesome (hum, may have to talk DH into having lunch there too). It has been 11 years since we were there (DD was 3, I think).

My niece is attending UCSD now (she will be starting her Sophomore year soon)!!

Wow your niece must be VERY smart -- it's WAY harder to get into UCSD now than it was 20 years ago!!

Hi Everyone:
We just booked this cruise the other day. I've had my eye on it for quite awhile but just actually talked my mom and dad into going. I'm a single mother with 2 boys, the youngest is just leaving for university in early Sept. and the older one is already there. I'm in my 40's and my parents are in the 70's. This is the first time we are cruising with Disney without any children so it should be interesting. I haven't had time to read this whole forum so I'm wondering if you are doing or planning anything as a group? Hopefully I'll get time before we leave to read it all and find out who all is going.

Hi Everyone:
. This is the first time we are cruising with Disney without any children so it should be interesting.

We are right there with you.

Oldest dd is in school in Mankato, MN while youngest dd starts classes Monday at the University of Oklahoma (OU).

Now Laura and I get to start working on our new normal.

Bill

I feel ya! My DH thought I was nuts with all my talk of FE's and "door magnets" and now that he's been doing his own research online, he's getting way more into it and even has some sort of surprise planned. Gotta love that Disney spirit!

DH was looking at food pics last night. It's only taken him about 15 months to get into it...:rotfl2: Okay we did go thru a mild panic when I found out he'd been talking about vow renewal with the Wonder wedding coordinator a few months back. I found out how much it was going to cost and nearly collapsed and thankfully he decided it was not sensible.

I'm quite perturbed by all the closures at Disneyland the week prior to our sail date. That's when we are going and there seems a heap under refurb.

:thumbsup2 Now you've got to bag, tag and release and you're done. I've got DH printing stuff for me for mine today, there is no table space to do sewing as the kids are colouring in pics of planes. I bought even more stuff to stick in my FE bags yesterday, I've now got it all piled in a corner of the bedroom on top of a chest so DH can't see how bad it really is.

This time in three weeks we are in LA. :dance3::dance3: I might actually start packing some stuff today. Do I pack the kids long trousers and t-shirts as well as shorts and t-shirts for daywear at the parks? I know San Fran is a lot like Welly, so I've got that covered but I don't know what San Diego and LA are like in September.

GromMom - mmm long arm quilters. However big they are you look at the USD price and double it and add a half more for NZD - the importers charge like you've never seem. And I keep telling DH that they might look big in a box but a C2 erg/rowing machine comes in two giant boxes and that will take up even more space. I dunno if he's buying any of it a the moment as he keeps just staring at my FE pile. :scared:
Yikes that sounds expensive! Today I finished DH's shirt and shirts for my sister,niece and me. I'm going to put away the sewing machine and focus on my fe gifts now, which are purchased but not embellished. :)
Oh and regarding weather, san Diego is generally beautiful and in the upper sixties or lower seventies. At night it cools down really quickly,as we have a desert climate, but I'm not sure if we will on the boat by then

When you get on board, there will be reps in the main bar. You can meet with the main rep from food services and have any dietary requirements attached to your party. They are extremely cautious with all allergies and dietary concerns. After your first day, you will be at ease.

Enjoy!

Thank you for the info!

Disney-Addict said:
Hi Everyone:
We just booked this cruise the other day. I've had my eye on it for quite awhile but just actually talked my mom and dad into going. I'm a single mother with 2 boys, the youngest is just leaving for university in early Sept. and the older one is already there. I'm in my 40's and my parents are in the 70's. This is the first time we are cruising with Disney without any children so it should be interesting. I haven't had time to read this whole forum so I'm wondering if you are doing or planning anything as a group? Hopefully I'll get time before we leave to read it all and find out who all is going.

Welcome!

There's a cruise meet on Sunday at 3:00 in the Promenade Lounge. FE #2 is open until 8/23 (PM MadHatterMom2). There's also a postcard exchange (PM glindamood), and a scavenger hunt (PM me).

Wow your niece must be VERY smart -- it's WAY harder to get into UCSD now than it was 20 years ago!!

Yes, she has done really well in school. She had over a 4.0 when she graduated High School. I was talking with her mom (my SIL) about how hard it is to get into the colleges now. I worry about my DD. She has the smarts, but not the drive. I'm scared she won't keep her grades up enough to get into the school(s) that she wants. But I'm not opposed to her doing community college for the first two years if she needs to. That is what I did (because I had to pay for it myself).

Hi Everyone:

Welcome to the group!!! I think we have a lot of adult-only groups here (including me and DH). My kids are younger but they will just be starting school on Sept 6th so we didn't want to take them out. So they will be staying with my Mom while DH and I get our first week away since our honeymoon!!

DH was looking at food pics last night. It's only taken him about 15 months to get into it...:rotfl2: Okay we did go thru a mild panic when I found out he'd been talking about vow renewal with the Wonder wedding coordinator a few months back. I found out how much it was going to cost and nearly collapsed and thankfully he decided it was not sensible.

I'm quite perturbed by all the closures at Disneyland the week prior to our sail date. That's when we are going and there seems a heap under refurb.

I was thinking of you when I saw the refurb list. I couldn't remember the exact dates you would be at DLR so I wasn't sure if it would be in the middle of your time there or not.

Welcome!

There's a cruise meet on Sunday at 3:00 in the Promenade Lounge. FE #2 is open until 8/23 (PM MadHatterMom2). There's also a postcard exchange (PM glindamood), and a scavenger hunt (PM me).
Hi fellow cruisers! Just found out this thread last fri and managed to read all 60+ pages during the weekend! This is our 1st DCL cruise and reading this thread is simply addictive haha!

Just wondering if we can still join FE#2?

Hi fellow cruisers! Just found out this thread last fri and managed to read all 60+ pages during the weekend! This is our 1st DCL cruise and reading this thread is simply addictive haha!

Welcome! I'm a board newbie too -- How old are your little ones (or maybe you're doing a Kidless Kruise like a few others?)
Julie

Hi, everyone-
I know someone posted which night formal night was somewhere, but I'm having trouble with the search function. Anyone know off the top of their head? I think we're going to try and reserve space in the actual nursery that night so Connor can sleep in the quiet room for a couple hours while we enjoy one "adult night!" (I know they put mats out in Oceaneers Club but I wanted to have the option of the nursey...)

Thanks!!

J

p.s. my Silhouette arrives tomorrow, YIPPEE!!http://www.wdwinfo.com/images/smilies/banana.gif
Anyone need something cut out? (assuming I figure out how to use it?)

Yes, of course, you are welcome to join still. Let me know your names and ages (for the kids only!) and your cabin number and I'll add you to the list. I have been posting the list on this thread because there are a lot of newbies that can't PM yet. I will post the FINAL list on Thursday!

Welcome aboard!

Julie

2/5 cruise documents have arrived today!!!!

Had to call Disney regarding some info changes. Asked how booked the cruise was. She said that it was not sold out and quite a bit of rooms in the higher price range but the cheaper categories are selling out, in the past few weeks; there has been a significant increase in sales. So maybe there will be significant opportunity for some nice upgrades for the guarantee status or at port...Fingers crossed.

Hi, everyone-
I know someone posted which night formal night was somewhere, but I'm having trouble with the search function. Anyone know off the top of their head? I think we're going to try and reserve space in the actual nursery that night so Connor can sleep in the quiet room for a couple hours while we enjoy one "adult night!" (I know they put mats out in Oceaneers Club but I wanted to have the option of the nursey...)

Thanks!!

J

p.s. my Silhouette arrives tomorrow, YIPPEE!!http://www.wdwinfo.com/images/smilies/banana.gif
Anyone need something cut out? (assuming I figure out how to use it?)

Here's what I know about the schedule after calling DCL the other day:

Formal Night - Mon., 9/24
Semi-Formal Night - Thurs., 9/27
Pirate Night - Fri., 9/28

Julie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter