Sept. 23, 2012 Pacific Coast - Wonder Cruise

Welcome! I vote awesome....can you adopt me :)
I wish we lived closer to Dland...we live close enough to go and come home in one day, but not really close enough to go all the time.

We really don't live that close (Valencia) but we're gluttons for Traffic Punishment. :) And we're happy to adopt you as long as you're cool sleeping on the sofa next to 4 cats!

Ergh, I just tried to book Palo for brunch and it's sold out -- that's what we get for planning last-minute! But we got dinner on Friday night the 28th at 7pm. Hopefully our little one will nap that day so he'll be okay to stay late at the Kids Club! If we find out that's "Pirate Night" we're cancelling! (** UPDATE - YEP, we're cancelling! Arrrrgh!)

On another note, what have you DCL vets thought about the later-night activities at the kids' club? Do they have any sort of "sleeping/laying down" area for the 3-4 year-olds? I probably won't ever leave him in there at night anyway but I'm just curious.

I have to say I kinda like the last-minute thing. Less time to obsess over what to wear...

Any good food tips for Mexican food would be appreciated in San Diego or Anaheim as DH loves his Mexican!

Hi! Nice to e-meet you!

Old Town San Diego is the absolute best place for Mexican -- I'm partial to Casa Guadalajara. Huge margaritas and great food -- at least it was last time I went about 10 years ago!!

I went to college at UCSD and I can tell you, you almost can't go wrong with Mexican food anywhere in the city. But Old Town is by far the best. In the Gaslamp Quarter (near the ship's dock) I know there are a lot too - I'll ask my friend who still lives there what she likes!

Hi there!

I'm Julie - another local (seems like the trend for this cruise!)

Let's see... for the "get to know ya" portion of the post... I'm a writer (for Disney Channel and other tween-centric networks) and (along with my DH and DS) an avid Disneyphile. Kind of a family tradition - my MIL was a dancer at Golden Horseshoe Saloon in the 60's and my DH was a Jungle Cruise Guide in the late 80's -- then he and I were engaged at Club 33 in 2000 (not members, I wish!) and we have had APs ever since. Our friends think we take our son there way too much - which I think just means we're awesome parents ;)

We've had kind of a rough year and decided we needed a vacation asap -- so we booked our Wonder cruise today for 9/23 -- so excited!

I look forward to getting to know you all (and if you'll have us and it's not too late, thinking about All Things Fish Extender!) Pinterest, here I come! Or Etsy. Addicted to both. :goodvibes

oh we're in cabin 6540 in case we have any neighbors!

Julie

Hey Julie! Welcome & this will be an awesome vacation for you guys! Glad you are on this trip. Look forward to meeing y'all!

Hi! Nice to e-meet you!

Old Town San Diego is the absolute best place for Mexican -- I'm partial to Casa Guadalajara. Huge margaritas and great food -- at least it was last time I went about 10 years ago!!

I went to college at UCSD and I can tell you, you almost can't go wrong with Mexican food anywhere in the city. But Old Town is by far the best. In the Gaslamp Quarter (near the ship's dock) I know there are a lot too - I'll ask my friend who still lives there what she likes!

Ohhh, I forgot about Casa Guadalajara. I have eaten there and it was awesome (hum, may have to talk DH into having lunch there too). It has been 11 years since we were there (DD was 3, I think).

My niece is attending UCSD now (she will be starting her Sophomore year soon)!!

Went to Dland yesterday & while it was hot crowds have definately already died down with LAUSD back in school...yay!

On another note, what have you DCL vets thought about the later-night activities at the kids' club? Do they have any sort of "sleeping/laying down" area for the 3-4 year-olds? I probably won't ever leave him in there at night anyway but I'm just curious.

I have to say I kinda like the last-minute thing. Less time to obsess over what to wear...

Dd fell asleep a couple nights in the kids club. Her and her friend were watching a movie on the bean bags and fell asleep. The CMs pulled them to a quiet corner and just let them sleep until I came and picked them up.

934.jpg

Not sure what time, but at some point in the evening they lay out mats on the floor for the kids who are sleepy. My kids never fell asleep on them, but plenty of kids do.

Is there a final count on the postcard exchange? I'm headed to the beach where they sell cheap postcards this week and was hoping to pick some up to exchange
Thanks!

Marian and anyone looking for great Mexican,
There is a pace at the Carlsbad forum shopping plaza, called Casa bandini. That used to be *the* place to go to in old town, but they were forced to move due to politics. It isn't close to the cruise, but if you are staying early or later to go to Legoland, Casa bandini can't be beat.
I also recommend the chain rubios for fish tacos, a San Diego specialty.

Here's what I have so far. Cutoff for the list is 8/23.

MadHatterMom2 - me (Julie!), DH James, DD Anneliese (13), DS Alex (9) - Room 5520
4boons - Laura & Bill - Room 6134
AZ Pirates - not sure about the family members since I don't have the first list, so let me know your details - Room GTY/TBD
glindamood - Gail & David - Room 6511
ImDMouse - Brad & Diane - Room GTY
Crittsmom - Wendy & Schyler - Room 6089
wendyinoc - Wendy, DH, DD (2) - Room 5124
shopmom - Sheri, Robb, DS Hudson - Room TBD
5crazyfordisney - Shea, DH Dave, DS Bryan (11), DS Liam (9), DD Anna (8) - Rooms TBD
mdube - Mona, Yanira, Janissa (4), Yessica (4) - Room TBD
ADandBsmommy - Clyde & Sharon (Room TBD), Katie & Greg (Room TBD), Jennie, DS Aidan (8), DS Dylan (6), DS Ben (3) (Room TBD)
kangamommy - Julie, DH, DS - Room 6540

Let me know if I need to make any corrections. I will fill in room numbers as they become available.

Thanks!

Julie

Julie,

We are in Room 2014 (Mona, Yanira, Janissa & Yessica).

Thanks.

Mona

Julie,

We are in Room 2014 (Mona, Yanira, Janissa & Yessica).

Thanks.

Mona

We just got our room assignments as well and yay for being upgraded from inside cabin to oceanviews!

Jennie (me), Aidan, Dylan and Ben: 2030
Clyde and Sharon: 2020
Katie and Gregory: 2018

WELCOME TO ALL THE NEWBIES!!!

And hello to all my fellow cruisers.

The Southern California passes came in today!! YAY!!!

The transportation has been arranged. Thank-you to whoever it was the mentioned PRIMETIME SHUTTLE!!!

And just finished my FEs. Now all I have to do is start DREAMING of my sailings and pack a few days before!!!

Also wish us luck that our flights are PERFECT. We are leaving the the 22nd, flying to Denver and then to LA.

TTYL

Cant go wrong with Mexican Food in SD, agree with all the comments from Old Town to the Gaslamp.

Welcome to all the new folks, I wonder how many more people will be joining us?

BigDisneyOE - The trip and wedding sound amazing, it must have been quite an experience.

I agree! Now I need some 3 year olds for my other little one...hahahaha!

Finally went back and read all the 60+ pages and saw this... I know 3yo boys and girls are starting to play a little differently but can't hurt to try. Hard to tell how many other people have 3-4 year-olds in our group but I love the idea of them forming a little Club Posse.

Finally went back and read all the 60+ pages and saw this... I know 3yo boys and girls are starting to play a little differently but can't hurt to try. Hard to tell how many other people have 3-4 year-olds in our group but I love the idea of them forming a little Club Posse.

Oh my little one LOVES the boys ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter