Sept. 23, 2012 Pacific Coast - Wonder Cruise

So we are going to Disneyland post cruise. September 30 to October 3. On October 2 is Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. Is it worth the extra 54 bucks a person to attend this???

Last year when we went to the Halloween Party it appeared to me that a lot of people just stayed in the park. I did not see anyone being asked to leave and no one asked to see my wristband that I paid extra for. We still had a great time and it was very cool to see so many people in costume.

I could not wait any more to tell my daughter :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1
But on a fun note here is the outfit that we had made for her when she meets Jessie who is her favorite:

I am so excited!!! :dance3: :dance3: :dance3:

Adorable! I'm sure Jessie will be impressed too!

lol - I can't keep secrets either, just get too giddy with excitement!

So we are going to Disneyland post cruise. September 30 to October 3. On October 2 is Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. Is it worth the extra 54 bucks a person to attend this???

I think we have done it 4 years now (skipped last year and not sure about this year). We love it but it is a different experience since they moved it to Disneyland. I don't care for them leaving the park open and then trying to filter out the people that didn't buy tickets for the event. When it was at DCA, they used to close the park completely and then just reopen it to ticket holders. That was nice.

But we do enjoy having the opportunity to dress up with the kids and trick-or-treat :thumbsup2 The last time we went, DS's costume got so much attention that we were selected to ride in the parade. That was a very cool pixie dust experience.

dennisbryce, that dress is so cute, your little girl looks gorgeous!

We're doing the Halloween party for the first time on the 9th, I'll be a bit disappointed if they don't get the "other" people out, it cost us a fair bit for six tickets! Weve always done the right thing and left the park when they've called it out over the speakers but I guess there are alot of people out there that dont. The kids are really looking forward to it, I've even had some special Disney Halloween tote bags made up for them for trick or treating :lovestruc

Flu season over here and it hasn't bypassed us that's for sure. My two youngest had it for a good 10 days each and now my eldest ds has had it for over a week, eldest dd just has a head cold so fingers crossed that's all she gets, and now I can feel it starting in me, I have a stiff neck swollen glands and blocked nose, I don't have time to be sick so I'm going to pretend its not happening for as long as I can!!

I did that Halloween party last year and enjoyed it. My wristband was checked multiple times - every time I moved from land to land especially but also when entering candy lines, character lines or rides. Someone did say that they sold many more tickets than they had when the party was in DCA so that might be what people were noticing.

She's adorable!

dennisbryce, that dress is so cute, your little girl looks gorgeous!

We're doing the Halloween party for the first time on the 9th, I'll be a bit disappointed if they don't get the "other" people out, it cost us a fair bit for six tickets! Weve always done the right thing and left the park when they've called it out over the speakers but I guess there are alot of people out there that dont. The kids are really looking forward to it, I've even had some special Disney Halloween tote bags made up for them for trick or treating :lovestruc

Flu season over here and it hasn't bypassed us that's for sure. My two youngest had it for a good 10 days each and now my eldest ds has had it for over a week, eldest dd just has a head cold so fingers crossed that's all she gets, and now I can feel it starting in me, I have a stiff neck swollen glands and blocked nose, I don't have time to be sick so I'm going to pretend its not happening for as long as I can!!

Adorable! I'm sure Jessie will be impressed too!

lol - I can't keep secrets either, just get too giddy with excitement!

Thank you everyone :)
She is so excited!!! She gets to go on the Mickey boat!!!
I told her she will get to make new friends. She was a little upset that daddy isn't going :( But she was okay with that once daddy told her she could call him :lovestruc

I finally finished making our FE's! Just need the dowel or something for the top and I think I'll put our initials on each of the Mickey heads.
Can't get a photo to work on here so here is the link http://s289.photobucket.com/albums/ll240/BulaBaby/FE/?action=view&current=FE006652x1024.jpg

I love the nautical look! I made mine nautical but not very Disney (had nautical fabric on hand) but I think I'm going to print out some Disney name badge style tags to make it more Disney :)

I called Disneyland last night right after I made the orginal post. Disneyland will be closing at 5pm on all the nights of the Halloween Party, therefore, you can not get in without a wristband. The Party is from 6pm to 11pm. So for all those that have said they were disappointed with them not kicking people out. They will be this time. I am therefore, leaning to buying tickets as it seems to get great reviews. And from what they have informed me of, there is no way I am gonna be able to sneak us in. :(

peja said:
I called Disneyland last night right after I made the orginal post. Disneyland will be closing at 5pm on all the nights of the Halloween Party, therefore, you can not get in without a wristband. The Party is from 6pm to 11pm. So for all those that have said they were disappointed with them not kicking people out. They will be this time. I am therefore, leaning to buying tickets as it seems to get great reviews. And from what they have informed me of, there is no way I am gonna be able to sneak us in. :(

The website indicates that "admission to the DLP up to 3 hours prior to the event's start time". Does that mean the party actually starts at 9pm?

Thank you everyone :)
She is so excited!!! She gets to go on the Mickey boat!!!
I told her she will get to make new friends. She was a little upset that daddy isn't going :( But she was okay with that once daddy told her she could call him :lovestruc

Thats what my daughter calls the ship too, she cant wait to go on the Mickey Boat for her birthday.

Hi Everyone! I am new to the disboards and this will be our first cruise - so excited! We are definitely not new to Disney though - California natives who live at Disneyland it seems, were married at the Disneyland Hotel and have done Disneyworld multiple times.

I will be cruising with my three little boys, my parents, my sister and her sig.other. Sadly my husband starts a new job that month and cannot come with us.

We would love to do the FE if I am able (I am sure there is a min post but I am pretty good at chatting lol) and would love more information if anyone wouldn't mind sharing? We will be in three rooms.

Yay for finding this group!

I'm curious to see how it actually works out this year. Yes, DL will close at 5 (or 6) and you can't get into the park without a party ticket...but those inside the park will be allowed to stay and shop, etc until the actual closing time. The people with Party tickets will be able to enter as early as 3:00. So for a while it will be a mix of party and non-party people.

What happens after closing time is that people without wristbands will be asked to leave. They will start checking for wristbands when getting candy or riding rides, etc. Sometimes even moving between lands.

I think what angers people the most is that people who didn't pay for the party will stick around to watch the parade and fireworks, etc. And that takes space away from those that paid for it. I heard last year there were CMs walking the crowds at those times, checking for wristbands also.

Hi Everyone! I am new to the disboards and this will be our first cruise - so excited! We are definitely not new to Disney though - California natives who live at Disneyland it seems, were married at the Disneyland Hotel and have done Disneyworld multiple times.

I will be cruising with my three little boys, my parents, my sister and her sig.other. Sadly my husband starts a new job that month and cannot come with us.

We would love to do the FE if I am able (I am sure there is a min post but I am pretty good at chatting lol) and would love more information if anyone wouldn't mind sharing? We will be in three rooms.

Yay for finding this group!

Hi and welcome to the group!!!! I'm glad you found us :thumbsup2

We are locals too (there are a lot of us in this group). Just DH and I are going on this cruise though (the kids will be in their 3rd week of school and we just don't want them to miss that much). But don't feel sorry for them, they were on the Wonder last April and will be on the Fantasy next June :rotfl:

I think we are heading to DLR tonight for a Mickey fix :thumbsup2 We don't go very often in the summer but I really enjoy the summer fireworks (we love seeing Dumbo fly). So it is time for a quick trip, I think :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter