Sept. 23, 2012 Pacific Coast - Wonder Cruise

Thanks for the warm welcome. Dh and I are looking forward to cruise. Our room assignment is 6089, and the reviews are mixed. Oh well, I said I'd be happy in a broom closet so all is good. :rotfl:

We're interested in the FE so can we be added to the list ? I up for a cabin crawl, that sounds like fun. I think our cabin is 11 B.

Wendy and Schyler

Glad to have you aboard. Here is FE List #2:

MadHatterMom2 - me (Julie!), DH James, DD Anneliese (13), DS Alex (9) - Room 5520
4boons - Laura & Bill - Room 6134
AZ Pirates - not sure about the family members since I don't have the first list, so let me know your details - Room GTY/TBD
glindamood - Gail & David - Room 6511
ImDMouse - Brad & Diane - Room GTY
Crittsmom - Wendy & Schyler - Room 6089

Thanks everyone!

Julie

Hi everyone! :wave2:

We booked our cruise a few weeks ago and I just recently stumbled across this disussion board and after trolling it for a few days, thought I'd finally join! Sounds like a great crowd for our upcoming trip (only 7 more weeks!) - I can't wait to get to know you all better and hopefully catch up with you aboard the ship!

Our family of five (me (38), DH (39), DS11, DS9, DD8) have two rooms booked - two OGTs (Outside Staterooms). We did a 4-night DCL aboard the Disney Wonder in May 2009 (Nassau, Castaway Cay) where we had connecting inside staterooms. I'm a little nervous that since with GTY, we may end up separated on different decks but my TA seems to think we may end up closeby since few families book two GTY rooms at the same time. Otherwise, it should be interesting to see how our sleeping arrangements fare, since I'm in one room with DS11 and DD8 and DH is in another room with our other DS9. But I'm super excited to have portal windows, so I'm hoping that makes up for any hassles of not being in connected rooms. Here's to hoping for some pixie dust magic and we end up in rooms closeby!

We are from Philadelphia flying into LA on Friday night 9/21 and flying home via the red-eye on 9/30, arriving home early on 10/1. We're thinking of doing Disneyland and Disney California Adventure on Saturday 9/22, the day before the cruise... DH can't wait to see the new Cars Land. We are HUGE Pixar fans, so we are eager to see the Pixar special touches...

That's my update for now - I will definitely have to post more since I'd love to join the second FE group. Now that I've learned what that is, I can't wait to get crafty and have some fun coming up ideas.:cool2:

Thanks!

Welcome to all the newbies. Looking forward to cruising with you:dance3::cool1:

We are a family of 4 travelling with our designated child help my wonderful Mother in Law. We are in two cabins as well. As much as I love my mother in law I still want some privacy. So she will bunk up with the kids. We are Canadians and this will be our second cruise. First one was on the Magic in 2011 Eastern Carribean....WELCOME AGAIN ALL, and this definitely is a GREAT GROUP!!!

Thanks for the link gunka! I've been reading all of those tips - afraid to miss anything important - and it's much easier when the are all on one page!

Note to FE Group #1 - please send me a PM when you get your cabin assignments so that I can update the list. I do not want to take a change on missing anyone's assignments.

OK, back to our regularly scheduled programming ;)!

Hi everyone! :wave2:

We booked our cruise a few weeks ago and I just recently stumbled across this disussion board and after trolling it for a few days, thought I'd finally join! Sounds like a great crowd for our upcoming trip (only 7 more weeks!) - I can't wait to get to know you all better and hopefully catch up with you aboard the ship!

Our family of five (me (38), DH (39), DS11, DS9, DD8) have two rooms booked - two OGTs (Outside Staterooms). We did a 4-night DCL aboard the Disney Wonder in May 2009 (Nassau, Castaway Cay) where we had connecting inside staterooms. I'm a little nervous that since with GTY, we may end up separated on different decks but my TA seems to think we may end up closeby since few families book two GTY rooms at the same time. Otherwise, it should be interesting to see how our sleeping arrangements fare, since I'm in one room with DS11 and DD8 and DH is in another room with our other DS9. But I'm super excited to have portal windows, so I'm hoping that makes up for any hassles of not being in connected rooms. Here's to hoping for some pixie dust magic and we end up in rooms closeby!

We are from Philadelphia flying into LA on Friday night 9/21 and flying home via the red-eye on 9/30, arriving home early on 10/1. We're thinking of doing Disneyland and Disney California Adventure on Saturday 9/22, the day before the cruise... DH can't wait to see the new Cars Land. We are HUGE Pixar fans, so we are eager to see the Pixar special touches...

That's my update for now - I will definitely have to post more since I'd love to join the second FE group. Now that I've learned what that is, I can't wait to get crafty and have some fun coming up ideas.:cool2:

Thanks!

I will add you to the FE list. My kids really love the FE exchange and it's one of the things that makes a DCL cruise unique.

Incidentally, we are So. CA locals and will be going to Cars Land for the first time this Friday. Will let you know how it is!

Julie

Hi Wendyinoc - Got your room #(5124), can I get number of people? For example you, DH(?), DS (?) and ages for the kids. That helps everyone determine an appropriate gift for the kids.

Thanks,
Julie

I am 39 and my husband is 42. My daughter just turned 2!

I have been on the boards for years!! I am a DVC member and season passholder at Disneyland. I have been to Aulani in Feb and this was a last minute splurge. The price was to good to be true!! :cool1:

I will add you to the FE list. My kids really love the FE exchange and it's one of the things that makes a DCL cruise unique.

Incidentally, we are So. CA locals and will be going to Cars Land for the first time this Friday. Will let you know how it is!

Julie

I think we are going to make a run to Disneyland on Friday too (after work). I haven't been in a few weeks so I'm going through withdrawals :rotfl2:

We did Cars Land during the Passholder preview. It is amazing. We have been back a couple of times since then but haven't done RSR again yet (line is too long). We are going to do the passholder early entry in September so hopefully we will get to ride it again then.

Welcome to everyone new.:cheer2:

I can't believe when I log onto the DCL website that we are just about the first month on the calender to choose from. When I booked this cruise it was about 14 months out and seemed like ages. Now it's like no time at all and we will be getting on the plane to the States. I think we are the first people to leave home on the cruise as we depart 8th of Sept.

In around 48 hours we land in Sydney for my brothers wedding. :cool1::cool1:I've just seen photos of the cruise boat that they are getting married on in front of the Sydney Opera House - wow. Fingers crossed the ring bearers will not get a case of little boy nerves before they have to do their thing.

Nearly finished all my handmade FE stuff and just need to coallate it all now. Phew, glad it's over as I still haven't finished the curtains and I have material for a summer skirt to make up now as well.

Gail I'll let you know as soon as I know the cabin number. We will probably be somewhere in the US and I don't know how much connectivity we will have, so I may email you rather than PM.

Welcome to everyone new.:cheer2:

I can't believe when I log onto the DCL website that we are just about the first month on the calender to choose from. When I booked this cruise it was about 14 months out and seemed like ages. Now it's like no time at all and we will be getting on the plane to the States. I think we are the first people to leave home on the cruise as we depart 8th of Sept.

In around 48 hours we land in Sydney for my brothers wedding. :cool1::cool1:I've just seen photos of the cruise boat that they are getting married on in front of the Sydney Opera House - wow. Fingers crossed the ring bearers will not get a case of little boy nerves before they have to do their thing.

Nearly finished all my handmade FE stuff and just need to coallate it all now. Phew, glad it's over as I still haven't finished the curtains and I have material for a summer skirt to make up now as well.

Gail I'll let you know as soon as I know the cabin number. We will probably be somewhere in the US and I don't know how much connectivity we will have, so I may email you rather than PM.

MarianYes - email is fine. And, if you don't get a chance, no worries as I will have another copy for everyone to make any last minute changes to.
Can't wait to hear about the wedding!

Not much else to report here. Another one of my favorite days but it is one day closer and that is a good thing.

Take care and have a great week!

I think we are going to make a run to Disneyland on Friday too (after work). I haven't been in a few weeks so I'm going through withdrawals :rotfl2:

We did Cars Land during the Passholder preview. It is amazing. We have been back a couple of times since then but haven't done RSR again yet (line is too long). We are going to do the passholder early entry in September so hopefully we will get to ride it again then.

We haven't been to Disneyland since Feb when our passes expired. We will be getting the Premier pass before our WDW trip next week. I want to go get them at Disneyland before we leave to save time from standing in lines once at WDW. I'm wondering if it will be ridiculously busy Wed afternoon around 2:30?? My only other choice would be Fri morning the 17th. We leave on the red eye that night. That would be cool to say we were at Disneyland one day and Magic Kingdom the next. LOL :rotfl2:

I am 39 and my husband is 42. My daughter just turned 2!

I have been on the boards for years!! I am a DVC member and season passholder at Disneyland. I have been to Aulani in Feb and this was a last minute splurge. The price was to good to be true!! :cool1:

YOu sound like us!!! We just did AUlani in May & this was last minute for us. Where in the OC are you? We are in huntington....WELCOME!

Hi MadHatterMom2

I posted back about three weeks ago about joining the second FE list...I saw the recent list you posted and we are not on it...no worries there are lots of posts to go through...Can we get on the list please and thanks...We are participating in the FE on the Dream in two weeks and am looking forward to doing so again in September.
It would be for Hudson, Robb and Sheri...we are changing cabin numbers so I would have to update that once we have new number...Please let me know that you received this post so I can get to work on the FE gifts. Once we hit September I will be so frantic with getting the hockey season up and running for 1500 players that making anything will be impossible....will need the break at the end of September after a frantic three week start up ....

Hope you are all having a great day..

Sheri

Just checked the pricing for our cruise today. With the Canadian Discount I paid about 2600 for 4 on an 11B. Went on today and the 11B category is only 2400....200 buck difference...They really are trying to fill up our cruise with all these deals...and I wonder if the rest of us will get the difference back??? I am assuming not. But maybe a little pixie dust will sprinkle our way.

Hi MadHatterMom2

I posted back about three weeks ago about joining the second FE list...I saw the recent list you posted and we are not on it...no worries there are lots of posts to go through...Can we get on the list please and thanks...We are participating in the FE on the Dream in two weeks and am looking forward to doing so again in September.
It would be for Hudson, Robb and Sheri...we are changing cabin numbers so I would have to update that once we have new number...Please let me know that you received this post so I can get to work on the FE gifts. Once we hit September I will be so frantic with getting the hockey season up and running for 1500 players that making anything will be impossible....will need the break at the end of September after a frantic three week start up ....

Hope you are all having a great day..

Sheri

Sorry, shopmom, I must be asleep at the wheel! See updated list below. I will probably close out the list on Thurs., 8/23:

MadHatterMom2 - me (Julie!), DH James, DD Anneliese (13), DS Alex (9) - Room 5520
4boons - Laura & Bill - Room 6134
AZ Pirates - not sure about the family members since I don't have the first list, so let me know your details - Room GTY/TBD
glindamood - Gail & David - Room 6511
ImDMouse - Brad & Diane - Room GTY
Crittsmom - Wendy & Schyler - Room 6089
wendyinoc - Wendy, DH, DD (2) - Room 5124
shopmom - Sheri, Robb, DS Hudson - Room TBD

Hoping the information is listed accurately, so let me know if you have corrections. P.S. I have a great idea for the FE gifts - I'm so excited.

Julie

Hi,

My name is Mona and my daughter Janissa is 4. We will be on this cruise with our friends Yanira and her daughter Yessica 4. I know we are late, but I just heard about this website and Fish Extenders yesterday. We would really LOVE to be a part of it. Any change we can still join in?

Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter