Sept. 23, 2012 Pacific Coast - Wonder Cruise

I'm a week away from flying out to Sydney for my brothers wedding.:cool1: The kids are all jazzed up and I just need to hem their suit trousers, pack and get them on the plane.

Unfortunately I did a check of our c/card today and the details of my card have been compromised and used at two sites in the USA fraudulently. :mad: Now I've lost my c/card for the Aussie trip, have to fill out a pile of forms and we have to contact the only place I'd shopped at in the US in that time period to determine how robust their online payment methods are, it's the Disney Store too. I'm so careful with my c/card as I used to work for an internet payment provider and I'm so cross that this has happened.

We fly out late at night the day of disembarkation. We have 12 hours to make our flight, I think we'll probably do it. :thumbsup2

Oh no...I'm sorry to hear about the CC. I hope that you get the replacement quickly.
I had mine compromised a couple of years ago (Disney Visa) and Chase was awesome about it. They said 3 to 5 days for the replacment but I told them that I use it for everything and they then said they would overnight it to me. They even sent it to my work to ensure that someone would be there to sign for it. What a pain though...

Ok, I am back. Moved from Alpine to Norco over the weekend and didnt get Cable/Internet until today. Cant believe how hard it is to go without hi speed internet for several days.:happytv:

Welcome back!! Yikes on being without internet. I think I could probably manage but my kids would drive me crazy :rotfl2:

My mom and her husband are also booked on this cruise. They booked a guarantee and I just noticed a room number appeared when I checked the DCL website. Unfortunately, no upgrades. But - we decided we'd be happy with whatever we got.

We booked a VGT so I don't expect to see it until about 2 weeks before the cruise (at least that is when everyone is reporting getting the IGT/OGT/VGT rooms assigned).
Sorry they didn't get an upgrade. But maybe they can still upgrade at the port.

We got our room number :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:
Our room number is 2064 and we went from an 11b to a 9b which is cool!!!
Lots of pixie dust to those who are still waiting pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

We got oursand ILs' as well. Booked 11b, got 11a. Still going to see if we can upgrade at the port, but if not, we're fine with it.

Well, I had a great idea orginally for my FE exchange; however, I was having problems locating one very important detail. I have been stressing for weeks. I really wanted to share an activity FE we did in the Carribean; but unforutanely, I will not be able to share that cause the most important feature of it I could not locate in my hometown anywhere.

So this evening I begged my husband to come out shopping with me to find a different idea...and thanks to my brillant husband, he came up with the most awesome idea. It relates to my hometown and its really what has defined my city. I am so excited to now share my national treasure. It won't look like much but its really meaningful to us. I am keeping my hometown identity a secret until I hand out my FEs. Now I can finally relax and enjoy planning this cruise. This time around this FE has stress me to the max. Now I am finally ready to cruise.

Can't wait to meet you all and share something about who, what, when, where and how we have all come together.

Cheers:cheer2:

Oh yeah, forgot to mention. How exciting for you all to find out your room assignments. :dance3:

On the MR cruise we went on last time we had a pirate dress up night and party as well as fireworks. I am assuming we will do the same, but I am not sure, does anyone know if they will do the same for this cruise?

We got our stateroom assignment as well. We booked an 11b and got assigned to an 11a. My only concern is that the cabin is aft and I worry about the motion and the vibration.

I just booked the cruise today! :cool1: i am local live in orange county and it sounded fun as a Pixar Cruise. I have been to all ports so probably will stay on ship with my two year old. I just wanted an easy getaway.
If we're having a meetup I'm in. :cheer2:

I just booked the cruise today! :cool1: i am local live in orange county and it sounded fun as a Pixar Cruise. I have been to all ports so probably will stay on ship with my two year old. I just wanted an easy getaway.

Welcome! Meetup is at three on Sunday in the Promenade Lounge. There are lots of so cal locals on the cruise.

On the MR cruise we went on last time we had a pirate dress up night and party as well as fireworks. I am assuming we will do the same, but I am not sure, does anyone know if they will do the same for this cruise?

There will definitely be a pirate night. We've gotten conflicting answers on whether there will be fireworks, but we think so. Pirate night is when we leave SD on Friday.

Welcome to the group!!!! Nice to have you join us.

Hello everyone!!!
I was down by the port yesterday (drove right past the dock where the Wonder will be...sigh, LOL). I don't remember if anyone is staying down there but I got recommendations for restaurants in the area. My friend that is involved with a community theater right near there said there are plenty of places within walking distance (and she has no issues at all walking in that area at night :thumbsup2 )

After dropping off some stuff at the theater, my friend and I had dinner at Terranea Resort (in Palos Verdes, close to San Pedro) and what a beautiful location that is. I haven't been there in years. The restaurant was right along the water and with the full moon last night it made for an incredible view.

The resort itself is very pricey but if money was no issue, I would definitely stay there the night before the cruise. Too bad money is an issue (and luckily I will be sleeping in my own bed the night before the cruise anyway):rotfl2:

jetskigrl and erbie, thanks for the information. After looking at a map of S. Cal, I see what you mean about back tracking. I think you are right that getting a car for the day might be easier and cheaper. Thanks for the advice! Long Beach definitely looks like a closer option.

ComputerMagic - I will take a look at your old posts about the Marriott, thanks. I'm not sure what there will be to do by LAX though...I will see if the Marriott has a pool, maybe that is enough? ;)

I CANNOT believe it is August already and the kids go back to school in about month!

jetskigrl and erbie, thanks for the information. After looking at a map of S. Cal, I see what you mean about back tracking. I think you are right that getting a car for the day might be easier and cheaper. Thanks for the advice! Long Beach definitely looks like a closer option.

ComputerMagic - I will take a look at your old posts about the Marriott, thanks. I'm not sure what there will be to do by LAX though...I will see if the Marriott has a pool, maybe that is enough? ;)

I CANNOT believe it is August already and the kids go back to school in about month!

There are a lot of nice hotels in Long Beach, just over the bridge from San Pedro. You also have the Aquarium of the Pacific, Queen Mary, Shoreline Village, the Pike, etc. Lots of things to do in that area.

As for the LAX Marriott, I'm sure they will have a pool but without a car, you probably won't want to leave the hotel. That area can be pretty yucky (for lack of a better word, LOL) and is mostly hotels, cargo companies and strip clubs. I have stayed at one of the airport hotels and attended conferences at a few others and never felt unsafe as long as I was on the hotel property. It just isn't a nice tourist area. But if the plan is to just stay there and use a rental car to go other places, you will be fine. :thumbsup2

After looking at a map of S. Cal, I see what you mean about back tracking. I think you are right that getting a car for the day might be easier and cheaper. Thanks for the advice! Long Beach definitely looks like a closer option.

Another option is the HoJo Anaheim. You could get the Super Shuttle there. It's right across the street from Disneyland, so you could probably get the Disney transfers from one of the Disney hotels. It's farther away, but maybe you could sneak in a visit to Disneyland. The HoJo is great. Nice pool and kids' water play area, decent rooms, and not too pricey. A lot of hotels and motels around DL are a little sketchy, but we've stayed at the HoJo several times and loved it every time.

Without a car, the backtracking could be a problem, but with a car, the distances really aren't very significant. Santa Monica is about 20 mins from the airport with no traffic, and about 35 or so from the port, on the freeway, also with no traffic. I don't know Long Beach at all, but I know parts of it can be sketchy. I do know Santa Monica very well, and the Doubletree is in a good area, right across from the police dept and City Hall, three blocks from the beach, the Promenade, and the Pier. I wouldn't have any problem walking around any of those areas into the evening, except maybe not the Pier at night. There are tons of restaurants and shops on the Promenade, the Mall, Main Street, and 4th Street, and there are some fun things to do on the Pier as well. The Promenade is hopping until at least 9 or 10 every night except Sunday. Saturday evening will have plenty of people around.

If anyone does decide to stay in Santa Monica at all, let me know, and I can recommend restaurants and other stuff to do. It's a great city.

:welcome: to our rapidly growing group! We are in for a grand time.

Can anyone believe that we are going on a cruise - NEXT MONTH?? It has gone from next year, to next season, to next month!

Work has been absolutely crazy this past few weeks and I am ready now - exhausted is an understatement. DH is home and busily making candles for the wedding that is two weeks from today (and how did that happen too?). This mother of the groom has her dress and shoes so I am ready for that adventure too.

Take care and have a great Friday (or hope your Friday was grand).

Thanks for the warm welcome. Dh and I are looking forward to cruise. Our room assignment is 6089, and the reviews are mixed. Oh well, I said I'd be happy in a broom closet so all is good. :rotfl:

We're interested in the FE so can we be added to the list ? I up for a cabin crawl, that sounds like fun. I think our cabin is 11 B.

Wendy and Schyler

Happy Saturday! Gonna be a hot one so I tried to get as much housework done as possible this morning and the laundry can wait until tomorrow. Heading out for errands shortly.

Not much else to report from here so have a good one everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter