Sept. 23, 2010 Wonder

I have added your thread to the 2010 Wonder Cruise Meet list :thumbsup2

Anyone going on this cruise? Just booked 3 Adults for a back to back.

Hi Michelle!

I will be on the 3 Day Sept 23rd cruise. ;o) It will be me, DH, DD9, DD3, DD14, sister, her son 6, my mom, my uncle, my baby sister and her bff and my friend and her son 3. Big crew...lol.

Hi Iam Magie Ibmickey is my daughter, right now we are booked b2b cruises for the 19 and 23 of September. This will be our 3rd Disney cruise. Iam looking foward to meeting everyone.
magie

Hello all, Glad to see my shipmates here, we are the Malaball Clan- Alex Malaguti (me) Sherrie Malaguti (wife) Joshua Malaguti (DS 15) Brittany Malaguti (DD 16) and Kelsea Ball (DD 16) This is our FIRST CRUISE :goodvibes and we are very excited, we booked today through DU and will be in joining cabins on the sixth deck, Starboard Quarter. We look forward to meeting my fellow dis'ers at some point and really look forward to planning our journey. We are new DVC members and are going to AKL after the cruise as well. Here is hoping for a quite hurricane season, especially the week of the 23rd:rotfl2:

Hi everyone!! DD's school just notified us that they have changed the 2010-2011 school calendar to add a week's vacation in September. So, we've done what any good Disney lover would do and booked a cruise. We'll be doing the back-to-back with this cruise and the one on the 19th (it looks like there are several of us going that route - LOLOLOL). I'm looking forward to meeting everyone! :goodvibes

Welcome Malaguti Ball Clan and Crystal_27!!!

Malaguti....You are so going to love DCL! All I can say is be prepared to eat, have fun, eat some more and have more fun!!!!

Crystal....don't you love when the school system cooperates. :goodvibes One of my girls (DD9) will be out of school for three weeks however...DD14 will start HS this fall and we don't want her to miss to much school Right now she's going but it depends on what HS she gets into. I have a back up plan though (staying with some friends of ours) if she can't go. Either way...I'll be on that boat!!!

Here's to happy planning!

:cool1: Looks like I get to take some of my own pictures of the waters around CC from the Jet Ski's:banana: Last time DW and I rented them was on our HM 15 years ago!! Should be fun fun fun:goodvibes

Crystal....don't you love when the school system cooperates. :goodvibes One of my girls (DD9) will be out of school for three weeks however...DD14 will start HS this fall and we don't want her to miss to much school Right now she's going but it depends on what HS she gets into. I have a back up plan though (staying with some friends of ours) if she can't go. Either way...I'll be on that boat!!!

Here's to happy planning!

Yes, I was beyond thrilled when the school system voted on the calendar with a week's break in September. The calendar will be effective for at least 2 years so we will probably re-book onboard for September, 2011. It sounds like you guys are going to have an amazing trip too - - 3 weeks at Disney (as opposed to being in school/work) sounds wonderful! I'm sure your girls think so too. :laughing:

:cool1: Looks like I get to take some of my own pictures of the waters around CC from the Jet Ski's:banana: Last time DW and I rented them was on our HM 15 years ago!! Should be fun fun fun:goodvibes

For sure!! Since we are doing the back-to-back, we'll actually get 2 stops at Castaway Cay. I think, though, that we are only going to do the jetskis on one of those days. Maybe if it works out, we can coordinate our times so we are on the same excursion?? It seems like DISers always make things more fun. :rolleyes:

For sure!! Since we are doing the back-to-back, we'll actually get 2 stops at Castaway Cay. I think, though, that we are only going to do the jetskis on one of those days. Maybe if it works out, we can coordinate our times so we are on the same excursion?? It seems like DISers always make things more fun. :rolleyes:

Yes they Do!! Sounds great, would love to have a pro show us the ropes on CC. Back to Back is a very interesting concept, we will have to give it a try sometime:worship: We are going to AKV after our cruise for six days, my DW says lets just cruise instead:thumbsup2 but this will my first time in a GV so perhaps we can B2B next year:banana:

Yes they Do!! Sounds great, would love to have a pro show us the ropes on CC. Back to Back is a very interesting concept, we will have to give it a try sometime:worship: We are going to AKV after our cruise for six days, my DW says lets just cruise instead:thumbsup2 but this will my first time in a GV so perhaps we can B2B next year:banana:

We are new DVC members (bought BLT in March, 2009) and I can't wait to try AKV - it looks like such an amazing resort!! I'm sure that the GV is going to be amazing!! We were going to try and do one of the 5 nighters in the summer, but the cost was ridiculous, and we actually ended up waaayyy cheaper doing the back-to-back opposed to the 5 nighter *and* we still get 2 stops at Castaway Cay, plus we get 2 Palos, 2 Pirate Parties, 2 Sailaway Parties, etc., etc., etc. We are now debating on whether or not to try and book BCV the night before our cruise or just stay at the Port. I think if we stay at a certain hotel at the Port that we would get free parking for the week of our cruise, so that is certainly a point in favor of the hotel at the Port. Still, I think that my DD would love Stormalong Bay and since we have to trade in our "Give a Day" vouchers for annual passes, my thought is that we might as well stay at the parks - LOL. I guess when I call at the 7 month mark to see if I can get BCV that will make my decision for me. :laughing:

Yes, I was beyond thrilled when the school system voted on the calendar with a week's break in September. The calendar will be effective for at least 2 years so we will probably re-book onboard for September, 2011. It sounds like you guys are going to have an amazing trip too - - 3 weeks at Disney (as opposed to being in school/work) sounds wonderful! I'm sure your girls think so too. :laughing:

She's out for 3 weeks but we won't spend the whole time in Disney. Would be nice though. We are going to the beach for a week after the cruise so still get to be warm and not be at home. :rotfl:

I know it's early in the discussion and not to many participants at the moment however I wanted to know if anyone was interested in doing a FE Gift Exchange. :)

If so, I can start a list and as people join they can be added.

I know it's early in the discussion and not to many participants at the moment however I wanted to know if anyone was interested in doing a FE Gift Exchange. :)

We had a great time doing the FEs on our September, 2009 cruise but we had a huge DIS group (like 40 cabins). Do you think we'll have enough DIS participation on this cruise to make a FE exchange work? Maybe we can do a DIS meet or breakfast or something else if there isn't enough for a FE? :flower3:

We would :love: to be in a FE GE....Hopefully we will have enough DISrs (never done one as this is our first cruise) and as Crystal suggested there is always something for a group of DISrs to do together.:grouphug:

We have done the FE exchange on both of our previous cruises and enjoyed both:). On the first one last September we had only a small group (12), Last June was a larger group and participation was not as good, but still fun:thumbsup2. I have to really watch myself as I tend to go overbord with this:rolleyes1:rolleyes1. It makes packing more difficult, but leaves plenty of room for all the things I want to bring home:cool1:.

Last June we took my 2DGD's on a 7day Eastern, But because of school they will not be able to go on this cruise:sad2:. It will just be myself (Magie) dauthter Michelle (Ibmickey) and her roomate (Chris). This will be the first Cruise for Chris and I am really hoping that she will like it as much as we do. I wanted to do the eastbound TA for this cruise, however I am the only one with the ability to take that much time off right now (I am simiretired:cool1:). I was not looking forward to the filght anyway:worried:, so this is a better choice for us. We will be doing the b2b, Sept 19 & 23. At the present we will be in cabin 7505 on both legs (we don't have to pack up after the first half). Ofcourse I am always hoping for an upgradepixiedust:

We stayed at the Radisson at Port Canaveral before both cruises. It is my understanding that they will let you park your car in their lot for the time of the cruise without a charge. They have free shuttles to the port. We took it for the last cruise in June and arrived at the port around 10am and had very little wait time in line to check in. Be sure to print out your cruise documents and bring them with you, it will save you a lot of time at check in:dance3:.

When we did the cruise last Sept several Disers stayed there and we were able to have dinner together the night before the cruise. We had a very lively group and are still in contact with some of them:disrocks:.

To finely get to the point we would love to join the FE group. It is still very eairly and I am sure that the group will grow:cheer2:.

Magie

We can always do both..a DIS meet and the FE if we have enough participants. ;o) We won't get in until that morning so it would have to be something on the boat. I am traveling with work so I'll have to wait to see what they have me committed too before committing to the DIS meet though. As we get closer we'll get a schedule.

We stayed at the Radisson at Port Canaveral before both cruises. It is my understanding that they will let you park your car in their lot for the time of the cruise without a charge. They have free shuttles to the port. We took it for the last cruise in June and arrived at the port around 10am and had very little wait time in line to check in. Be sure to print out your cruise documents and bring them with you, it will save you a lot of time at check in:dance3:.

Thank you for the information about the Radisson. :goodvibes We are planning on staying there the night before the cruise and I'm glad to read that the shuttle process is fairly easy. What time did the shuttle pick you up when you were done with your cruise?

We can always do both..a DIS meet and the FE if we have enough participants. ;o) We won't get in until that morning so it would have to be something on the boat. I am traveling with work so I'll have to wait to see what they have me committed too before committing to the DIS meet though. As we get closer we'll get a schedule.

That sounds great about both a DIS meet and a FE group. I also have to say that I think it's pretty darn cool that your work is doing a cruise. Hopefully, you will get lots of down time to be able to do what you want to do. :goodvibes

YAY! Received prelim information this week. Showing when I can book excursions and what not. Now it seems like it's not so far away. :goodvibes Can't wait. The crew is excited too. We are going to Disney in 12 days but everytime I try to talk about packing something or what we are going to do they say 'on the cruise?' Guess they are more in cruise mode than Disney mode. :rotfl:

This will be our 2nd Disney cruise. It will be my DH, DD Aubrey 7, and DS Luke 2. A little worried about the age of my son, but hey, this one was free and we had limited date options and I didn't want to leave him behind.

Anyway, the reason I came to the board was looking for the FE program. I didn't know about it on my 1st cruise. My best friends family did this last year on her cruise and told me about it and this board to come look for it on. We'd love to participate. Have you started a list?

Stephanie
(also in NC)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter