Sept 22, 2013. A Pirate's Life on the Dream.

HiMagicFan said:
This is will be my third disney cruise (2 on the Wonder and my first on the Dream).

This will be my sister's first on disney ~ so she is newbie to the FE and disney cruising as well....

Here's hoping this disney cruise goes better than the last trip - it was to celebrate my 50th and I took my parents (who are not disney fans:eek:) anyhow, it couldn't have been a worse experience as there were so things that went wrong. If it weren't for this meet n greet forum here and the FE fun, it would have been a total bust on the ship. Sooo I am hoping that the Dream experience is better for me and doesn't turn her off to disney cruising.

I am so looking forward to this trip and just want to warn you all out there that I am sooo not crafty so my FE exchange will be very simple.

I can't wait til I can start looking at what is available on the ship. I am still silver level and so have to wait until June I think to check out Palo - I am hoping to get a brunch reservation.

Hi! Sorry your last cruise was not a good experience. I really hope this cruise lives up to its name! This is me (Paula) and DW 3rd disney cruise and all on the Dream. We just love it. The ship is amazing, the staff are so friendly. I am sure you and your sister will love it. Last year we bought all our FE gifts its just taking part that is fun! Welcome onboard. :-)

Hi! We are in! It will be myself, DD 8, DD6, and my mom. I live in Wheaton and saw some are from Naperville, Warrenville etc. Looking forward to this trip! Have cruised about 8 times. Did Disney 7 night 8 years ago with my husband and son who is now 12.

Just booked this sailing for my family. It will be all of our first cruise and we are extremely excited. My children will be 4.5 and 1.5 months at the time of the cruise. We are being crazy and driving straight to Florida from our home state of Illinois. Anybody else do this? Any advice? or anybody else traveling with children this age?

Hi everyone!!!!!!!!

Just booked this cruise today!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yay: :yay: :yay:

I can't wait to join all you lovely folks on the Dream this September!!!

Anyway, hi! I'm Lindsay from Cary, NC! Joining me on this cruise is DH, as well as my parents! DH & I will be celebrating our 1 year anniversary on the cruise (9/22) and my dad will be celebrating his 65th birthday on the cruise as well (9/25)

This will be the 2nd Disney cruise (or any cruise for that matter) for DH & me. We were on the Fantasy last September for our honeymoon!

This will be the 1st Disney cruise (again, or any cruise for that matter) for my parents!

I will probably be participating in the FE! Not sure yet if my parents will or not. But I'll officially add my info to the list once that is all figured out!

Just booked this sailing for my family. It will be all of our first cruise and we are extremely excited. My children will be 4.5 and 1.5 months at the time of the cruise. We are being crazy and driving straight to Florida from our home state of Illinois. Anybody else do this? Any advice? or anybody else traveling with children this age?

We booked ths cruise today! Husband got approval from one boss on leave but has to check with another tomorrow.

I am a TA so I'm trying to convince him it's business :)

We will be driving, about 13 hours, with 4 & 3 year olds.

Betsy82 said:
We booked ths cruise today! Husband got approval from one boss on leave but has to check with another tomorrow.

I am a TA so I'm trying to convince him it's business :)

We will be driving, about 13 hours, with 4 & 3 year olds.

Oh well thank goodness we aren't the only crazy ones. The drive from central IL without stops is about 18 hours for us! I'm hoping my kids sleep well throughout the night driving down.

kpkm23 said:
Hi! We are in! It will be myself, DD 8, DD6, and my mom. I live in Wheaton and saw some are from Naperville, Warrenville etc. Looking forward to this trip! Have cruised about 8 times. Did Disney 7 night 8 years ago with my husband and son who is now 12.

Yeah welcome! Great to hear we have more wonderful folks joining our happy thread :-) My name is Paula and me and DW are about to have our 3rd Disney cruise all on The Dream. Looking forward to chatting!

AdaraRae said:

Welcome to you and your family!

trickiwoo said:
Hi everyone!!!!!!!!

Just booked this cruise today!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yay: :yay: :yay:

I can't wait to join all you lovely folks on the Dream this September!!!

Anyway, hi! I'm Lindsay from Cary, NC! Joining me on this cruise is DH, as well as my parents! DH & I will be celebrating our 1 year anniversary on the cruise (9/22) and my dad will be celebrating his 65th birthday on the cruise as well (9/25)

This will be the 2nd Disney cruise (or any cruise for that matter) for DH & me. We were on the Fantasy last September for our honeymoon!

This will be the 1st Disney cruise (again, or any cruise for that matter) for my parents!

I will probably be participating in the FE! Not sure yet if my parents will or not. But I'll officially add my info to the list once that is all figured out!

Hi Lindsay and welcome to you and your family. congrats on your anniversary what a great place to spend it! Look forward to doing the FE with you! I am Paula cruising with DW. This is our 3rd beloved Disney cruise.

Wow! How exciting that we have had so many families jump on board!Welcome to everyone! :wave2:

Kinda neat to know there are so many of us still relatively new to Disney cruising.

I don't get to jump on the FB group so appreciate everyone joining in. We are planning a "super" trip for us as we will be doing the Contemporary overnight on Saturday - hop on the Dream Sunday - hop off on Thursday and check into the POR until the 4th. We were trying to plan ahead of time because of the distance - rates and such but guessed wrong on the dates for the Tower of Terror 10 miler. Yup - my sister and I will be doing a Disney run for the first time also. :yay: As well as the Food and Wine Show :thumbsup2, as well as MNSSHP :scared1:! We usually go during the Christmas season so we are looking forward to Halloween in the World. We are extending our trip to the 6th because the TOT is on the 5th - so trying to decide if we should stay in POR or go to the Yacht Club and splurge. Getting very excited! :yay:

I don't envy you all having to drive - I think I prefer the flying. At least we will be layover in LAX before heading to MCO. How are the flights coming from the UK?

Looking forward to the Fireworks on board and pirate: night - told my sister it will be magical! We have inside cabins so are looking for good spots on deck to check out the sail in/out - if any of you have suggestions....

Gotta run! Will check in again soon - :)

and ready to go!

Contemporary
Dream
POR 1 til 10/4
POR 2 til 10/6

Got our Tower of Terror registration and pins done!

Now just waiting for MNSSHP and Food and Wine - oh, and my ADR time and my Palo time and my Vacation Time!:rotfl2:

Hope you all are doing well.:wave2:

HiMagicFan said:
and ready to go!

Contemporary
Dream
POR 1 til 10/4
POR 2 til 10/6

Got our Tower of Terror registration and pins done!

Now just waiting for MNSSHP and Food and Wine - oh, and my ADR time and my Palo time and my Vacation Time!:rotfl2:

Hope you all are doing well.:wave2:

Great! I wonder when the MNSSHP dates and tickets will be released? Soon I hope!

Add us to the list. We moved a dummy date to this one. DH going delpoyed at the end of the year, so we thought we would do a quick trip before he goes.

Looking forward to following this thread. I will sign into FB at some point and see if I can get added to the group.

We will be Gold after this cruise. We love DCL!

Take care all.

It will be me, DH, DS4 & DS10.

disnewbie108 said:
Add us to the list. We moved a dummy date to this one. DH going delpoyed at the end of the year, so we thought we would do a quick trip before he goes.

Looking forward to following this thread. I will sign into FB at some point and see if I can get added to the group.

We will be Gold after this cruise. We love DCL!

Take care all.

It will be me, DH, DS4 & DS10.

Glad to hear you guys are coming!!! Sorry to hear about the deployment but at least he gets to come on the family vacation!!

Definitely join the Fbook group! Good to see more young kids going.

Glad to hear you guys are coming!!! Sorry to hear about the deployment but at least he gets to come on the family vacation!!

Definitely join the Fbook group! Good to see more young kids going.

Glad to join you guys. I sent a request to join the FB group today. I am looking forward to following the chatter on this thread and the FB page. I really do not use FB often, so I like have 4 friends on there. And they are mostly DCL contacts from previous cruise meets.:)

Have a great evening all.

Hello! My Dh and I are celebrating our 15th anniversary on this cruise! We are both in our late 30's and have 2 kids who are staying home with grandma. This will be our 3rd cruise, 2nd on Dcl.
We are staying at a Country Inn the night before and AKL for two nights after. I am so excited!! We've never been to Wdw without kids.
I sent a request on Fb, my first name is Sandy. I will check with Dh if he wants to try the Fe thing and let you know. I think it sounds fun!
Nice to meet you all!!

Getting excited! Don't know why these boards do that to me...must be all the fun planning and then the doing.

I an getting antsy about waiting for the information to pop up on the WDW/DCL pages.....

Still trying to "guess" on our days so we can plan our meals at WDW -

We were thinking of doing the Castaway 5k but are thinking we will just cool our jets and get some character pics and roam the island....we can always "train" on the ship the next day when we are at sea instead of sleeping.:rotfl2:

I am beginning my "what to take" list and forgot to ask earlier. For our meet and greet - we bring our own bubbles? I really don't want to pack them for the trip so do you think they sell them at the Contemporary or Magic Kingdom? We are staying there the day/night before we board.

Hi all!

We're Canadians Chris and Summer, who will be joining you aboard this sailing with our DD Sophie, who will be 8.

We're SO excited to be sailing aboard the Disney Dream - our first Disney cruise! We've visited WDW 3 times since our daughter was born, and have cruised several times as well, but this is our first time putting the two together... and we can't wait!

We don't know our cabin yet, although are a guaranteed 5E so we know a veranda is in our future :goodvibes

Summer has just put in a request to join the Facebook group... we can't wait to "meet you all" virtually, and join in the planning fun!

Me and my fiance will be joining you all on this cruise and we cant wait. It will be the first cruise ever for us! :cheer2: I requested to join the FB group first name is Megan. We would really love to do the FE. It will just be us and will be an anniversary cruise. December 2014 will be our honeymoon cruise. We are so excited and hope to get to know everyone and maybe have a meet up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter