Sept 2015 visit- pin trading?

sperkins921

Why's the Rum always gone???
I'm going to HKDLR, for a few nights, then to TKDLR for 5 nights. I know pin trading was discontinued a while back at TKDL, but what about in Hong Kong? Is pin trading still done there?

I know they're still releasing pins there. (no word if there will be one for the 10th anniversary or not on the anniversary) We are from Orlando and will be there September 9-13.

Yeah, I knew about them releasing pins (they have some really good ones usually) but in terms of actual pin trading- I wasn't sure. It seems to have died down at WDW compared to before and I knew it's banned at TKDL. I just didn't want to drag a bag full of pins there to trade if it's not actively being done. Rather save my luggage weight for something else if I don't need to bring them. lol

I will be there Sept 12-14 and then on to TKDL

Very cool!! We will be in the park all day on the 12th then leaving for a few nights in Aulani before we come back home!

Awesome. HK and Aluani. Guess it makes sense, if you live in the US, you have to kind of go by HI to get back to the mainland. Me, I wanted to do HK at the end (I like the planes better that AA uses to fly to HK and the route home from DFW has more flights than when the NRT flights get into DFW) but everything I read said that if you do HKDL after TDR; it's kind of anticlimactic. So I decided to stop there first.

Was actually supposed to go to Aluani (small world eh? We'd have been there when you guys were there) this year, but DH switched jobs. Although the company gave him permission to still take his trip, he decided he didn't want to being that he would have had just about 6 months into the job but not quite at that point. So, I decided to do a Disney around the World tour. Wanted to stop at DLP too- but realized that was really toooo much flying. lol

sperkins, sorry to dredge up an old post, but wanted to see if you had any luck with pin trading at HKDL?

No there wasn't any trading at all, sorry :(

Lots of cool pins to purchase though!

when we were there in April CM at Slinky wanted to trade some pins with my son but he didnt want to lol (he is just 5 and didnt know/understand trading, especially he didnt want to swap his marvel pin he only got earlier that day:p... so you might get lucky and trade some ...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter