• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sept 2014?

I finally got a PIN, unique offer code, whatever it is called. I was so excited, but am not going to change a thing. I wanted one so bad back in May when I wanted to go to POR or POFQ, but now I am super excited for POP!!!!

At least I made the list. Hopefully I will get one earlier in the planning stages next time.

Ha, I got it last week, too. Even if I wanted to switch resorts (I love Pop too!) there isn't anything available for our dates except SSR and OKW.

Hello all you Chicago Suburb People!!!

I am at our 30 day mark in which i can FINALLY TELL MY KIDS!!! :cool1: :yay:

It is getting harder to keep this a secret!

Hello all you Chicago Suburb People!!!

I am at our 30 day mark in which i can FINALLY TELL MY KIDS!!! :cool1: :yay:

It is getting harder to keep this a secret!

I watched the video last night and loved it. I did not think I could get more excited about our trip, but I am.

Seeing all the pics from your past trip made me even more excited about my kids first trip to WDW or "downtown" as we call it in our house (our code word since we are keeping it a surprise from our kids too!)

Disney has extended the Frozen Summer Fun into September. I could not be more excited. :cool1: The fireworks will only be on the weekend, but the rest of it should be the regular schedule. I told my DH that I am going to the Sing-Along whether he wants to go or not. ;)

Disney has extended the Frozen Summer Fun into September. I could not be more excited. :cool1: The fireworks will only be on the weekend, but the rest of it should be the regular schedule. I told my DH that I am going to the Sing-Along whether he wants to go or not. ;)

Disney has made an official announcement? Where?

I added you but didn't add the days? :confused3 Welcome to the Dis!!!
Which parks are you visiting?

So sorry I'm just now seeing this! We'll be there 9/3,4 and 8. I think we're going to do one day at MK, one at DHS and one day at Epcot.

I'd love to get added to the facebook group for help planning!

I watched the video last night and loved it. I did not think I could get more excited about our trip, but I am.

Seeing all the pics from your past trip made me even more excited about my kids first trip to WDW or "downtown" as we call it in our house (our code word since we are keeping it a surprise from our kids too!)

What a great idea! I need a code word! Why haven't i thought of this?!?!

Thank you...I am redoing the video.. I think it's too long, some of the pictures were blurry and the music wasn't lined up.. So the idiot that i am i started to redo it. It's taking a lot longer then i originally thought. :surfweb:

are you doing a PTR or TR?!? i want to see your reveal!!! :banana: :banana:

What a great idea! I need a code word! Why haven't i thought of this?!?!

Thank you...I am redoing the video.. I think it's too long, some of the pictures were blurry and the music wasn't lined up.. So the idiot that i am i started to redo it. It's taking a lot longer then i originally thought. :surfweb:

are you doing a PTR or TR?!? i want to see your reveal!!! :banana: :banana:

The code word has been great. the kids are clueless when we say "we need to get sunscreen for Downtown" etc. The oldest, almost 5, just looks at us funny.

No PTR and haven't thought about the TR. I may end up doing a TR so I have the trip documented for the future.

We really are not sure when the reveal will happen. We are not telling them until we get off the plane in Orlando. I plan to have the camcorder out to capture their reaction when we see the DME signs. we may end up telling them the morning of at breakfast too.

Either way I plan to do my best to capture their reaction and I will post it.

The trip is getting so close! I can't believe we only have 44 days to go! So excited.

I think I finally have our ADR's exactly how I want them. I'm already overwhelmed at the thought of all the food, but excited still! I was able to get everything I wanted through a LOT of searching.

Also got everything I wanted for Fast Pass. I'm not entirely sure some of the things we got it for are really needed though, as I don't even remember my first trip. I don't ride thrill rides and my son isn't 40 inches yet (I don't think) but my husband will ride some. For those who have been there around this time, and know the crowds, any thoughts on anything I should switch?

(Sorry this might be long-ish) Also on some days we have more than three activities b/c my son and I have different ones than my dh.

MK Day 1
Peter Pan
Tomorrowland Speedway
Space Mountain
Seven Dwarfs

AK
Festival of the Lion King
Expedition Everest
Safari
Dinosaur

HS
Star Tours
TSMM
TOT

MK Day 2
Pirates
Aladdin (space filler)
BTMM
3:00 Parade (Did this for less of a crowd - worth it??)

HS Day 2
Little Mermaid
TOT
Fantasmic

MK Day 3 (Actually just party night)
Anna and Elsa
Haunted Mansion
Peter Pan

Epcot
Soarin
Seas
Spaceship Earth
Illuminations (at the moment only for 2 - wasn't sure what to do here)

Magic Kingdom Day 4
Enchanted Tales
PM Parade
Wishes

I COULD get rid of the Wishes on MK day 4 probably b/c we will be having dinner at Ohana that night but that res. is at 5:15.

Ok thoughts? When booking I tried not to book TOO many of the same thing, especially the super popular ones. Though I did get a few Peter Pan b/c my son (almost 4) is kind of obsessed with PP right now.

The trip is getting so close! I can't believe we only have 44 days to go! So excited. .....

Magic Kingdom Day 4
Enchanted Tales
PM Parade
Wishes

I COULD get rid of the Wishes on MK day 4 probably b/c we will be having dinner at Ohana that night but that res. is at 5:15.

Ok thoughts? When booking I tried not to book TOO many of the same thing, especially the super popular ones. Though I did get a few Peter Pan b/c my son (almost 4) is kind of obsessed with PP right now.

Were you able to book Wishes as a FP+? i have been trying to get this for our first night there since 60 days and have not seen one. I have not seen it for any of our days. I am hoping they are just not released yet. i never thought that wishes would be the FP i couldn't get.

Oh and your plans look great. I have the parades booked as FP's too. i think the extra room and good spot is a perfect use of a FP, especially with younger kids!

Were you able to book Wishes as a FP+? i have been trying to get this for our first night there since 60 days and have not seen one. I have not seen it for any of our days. I am hoping they are just not released yet. i never thought that wishes would be the FP i couldn't get.

Oh and your plans look great. I have the parades booked as FP's too. i think the extra room and good spot is a perfect use of a FP, especially with younger kids!

I did. I was surprised because I heard the fireworks/parades wouldn't be available but I was able to get them. Hopefully more open up closer to the time, because I do see no more are available. I hope you can get one!

Hi All! Just found this thread. We are going 9/20 - 9/27 staying at Wilderness Lodge. 42 days and counting ... can't wait!

DBF and I will be going to WDW on 09/11 till 09/28 - How can I be added to the FACEBOOK group?

Did you get in?

You will have to take a video of the reaction!!

Oh I will!!!

I can't wait to see the reveal video!!!! xo

Me too! :lmao: having about 4 video camera's on them may clue them in on something.... :rolleyes1

Thank you!!! YES YES YES!!! I love watching videos!! gets me SOOOOOO excited!!!

The code word has been great. the kids are clueless when we say "we need to get sunscreen for Downtown" etc. The oldest, almost 5, just looks at us funny.

No PTR and haven't thought about the TR. I may end up doing a TR so I have the trip documented for the future.

We really are not sure when the reveal will happen. We are not telling them until we get off the plane in Orlando. I plan to have the camcorder out to capture their reaction when we see the DME signs. we may end up telling them the morning of at breakfast too.

Either way I plan to do my best to capture their reaction and I will post it.

I want to see how your reveal goes!!!! I am SOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!! :yay:

Hi All! Just found this thread. We are going 9/20 - 9/27 staying at Wilderness Lodge. 42 days and counting ... can't wait!

I have added you!!!

Oh what's that??? Why we are in our TWENTIES!!! (haven't been able to say that in a long time....:lmao:)

The 5 of us are headed down to POR 9/27-10/4. This is our first time staying on-site. The kids don't know yet and hopefully won't until we are ready to back out of the driveway. So excited I can hardly stand it! Our daughter turns 11 on 9/27. We are having dinner at Boatwright's on the night of our arrival. I'm thinking of having a cake delivered there but I can't make up my mind. It sounds like we may be on dessert overload throughout the week! :)

:rotfl2: Ill go with you! Ive said the same to my partner, he wont go!

The 5 of us are headed down to POR 9/27-10/4. This is our first time staying on-site. The kids don't know yet and hopefully won't until we are ready to back out of the driveway. So excited I can hardly stand it! Our daughter turns 11 on 9/27. We are having dinner at Boatwright's on the night of our arrival. I'm thinking of having a cake delivered there but I can't make up my mind. It sounds like we may be on dessert overload throughout the week! :)

you have been added to the first page!!

keeping it a secret is HARD!!! this will be the last time we do the secret thing.... Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter