• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sept 20,2011 Wonder Repositioning Cruise

Kathy and I are sitting along Mainstreet in Disneyland, waiting for the 7pm parade. Our daughter is at the airport, waiting to catch her plane home. We fly home tomorrow evening. We have enjoyed the Anaheim sun yesterday and today in the afternoon. I saw a few Cruise T-Shirts today. I will post more when we get home. It was great meeting everyone.

Tim

OK ...leave it you you Rosie to be the first to post after the cruise! So did Tara meet up? Loved meeting you all.

And yes we did a rebooked on board. Don't know when we'll go again as next year is planed for New Orleans in the spring and the WDW in the fall during the Food and Wine Fest. (anyone have WDW vaca points for October?)

OK ...as we where first timers....

Best: Palo's was wonderful. And the ladies that we ate at our four top were fun to meet even if they were not of the Dis.

More later.....
shoot we have the go to bed!

Loved, loved meeting you and your Mom.

Tara got lots and lots of attention on the cruise and said it was the most fun she's ever had. I have to agree....had a blast.

First day on the new job today...it was a lot to take in but I'll get the hang of it soon enough.

Night all...

My wife and I had a wonderful time meeting all of you and thank you for all of the wonderful FE gifts. So really amazing gifts and they gave me great ideas for the next time we take a disney cruise. I also learned that i should probably include a note with the gift. Of course I had to go had and plan it while I was on vacation so its kind of exciting to know its already scheduled. Yeah December 2012!

Also just wanted to get feedback on the gifts I gave. So I know if I should change them up or stay a similar path. The pin with the our board logo on it. A blank disc for you to put your photos/videos when you get home. Coloring book and crayons for those young children. Were these good gifts? Thanks for the input and being part of wonderful cruise.

And as a bragging Dad I also have to state that while we were at LAX waiting for the flight home my daughter Holly decided it was time to start walking so it was exciting day even though we were heading home.

Justin

Justin

I think the disc was a great idea. I'll put it to good use.

Justin, I loved the idea of having the disk to put photos on.

I also want to say that I had a blast doing the FE and loved all of the gifts we received.

I had fun with it too, even if we didn't finish our gifts until the third day of the cruise... :sad2:

Thanks everyone for the compliments on our Fish Extender. Making it fell to me and I kinda winged it... :confused3

We finally have internet connection at the hotel so I thought I would take a minute to pop by and say how much we enjoyed the cruise. I am pretty shy so I only got to meet a few people at the meet (Norahs stand and stare until you make someone uncomfortable really worked). We also got to meet DIS people in other ways, Steve waited over an hour and half for the princesses so I went to Tritons for lunch and was going to eat by myself until a family offered up a seat at their table and it turned out to be Auntyjenn (spelled wrong I bet) and part of family, so a big that you to you guys! I also got to know Rick, Holly and girls (Chisa family) on the 4 hours bus fiasco (oy, stay away from Karmel.......yikes). I love being in Disneyland but I really am starting to miss the Wonder. Thankfully Steve is comiing around the booking another cruise, almost had him convinced to jump on the second Hawaii cruise they announced :)

Last day at Disney tomorrow, need to get some sleep.

I'll be the first to say it: IT WAS AN AMAZING CRUISE.

Tara and I enjoyed meeting each and every one of you. We only wish we had more time.

Who's ready to do it again??
It was lovely meeting you and Tara too! Thanks so much for all of table 23 on the late dining being so welcoming! It was an amazing trip and we booked 2 cruises on board, one for next year in the Bahamas to see Castaway Cay, plus another we booked the September 2012 southbound repositioning as a dummy and will be moving that to the 2013 southbound repositioning most likely (unless work schedules force us to do Mexico or Alaska instead). Makes the pain of leaving the ship lessen. :sad1: I didn't think I would get so emotional about getting on and off the ship, but we had planned for it for so long and it was everything we had hoped for and more ... also hadn't planned on getting seasick but at least it was only the one really rough night!
Sam's favorite part was the kids club, my favorite part was seeing him dancing in the lounges with the other kids, DH's favorite part was the food (esp Palo!), and of course the FE was just plain exciting to have to come back to every night. Thank you everybody for the thoughtfulness of your gifts, especially the kids gifts, Sam was thrilled with each and every one and kept wanting to color and paint and play with all his new gifts. (He liked delivering it one time and wandering around the ship too!)
What a treat to have met such a nice bunch of people, and to be waited on like royalty by the great crew. Can't wait to sail again ... though I will be looking forward to spreading out in our 2 bedroom villa this week at the Grand Californian when we get there after being in that cozy stateroom. Only had 150 emails in my inbox so it wasn't as bad as I'd thought it might be. :scared1: Miss y'all already!

It was lovely meeting you and Tara too! Thanks so much for all of table 23 on the late dining being so welcoming! It was an amazing trip and we booked 2 cruises on board, one for next year in the Bahamas to see Castaway Cay, plus another we booked the September 2012 southbound repositioning as a dummy and will be moving that to the 2013 southbound repositioning most likely (unless work schedules force us to do Mexico or Alaska instead). Makes the pain of leaving the ship lessen. :sad1: I didn't think I would get so emotional about getting on and off the ship, but we had planned for it for so long and it was everything we had hoped for and more ... also hadn't planned on getting seasick but at least it was only the one really rough night!
Sam's favorite part was the kids club, my favorite part was seeing him dancing in the lounges with the other kids, DH's favorite part was the food (esp Palo!), and of course the FE was just plain exciting to have to come back to every night. Thank you everybody for the thoughtfulness of your gifts, especially the kids gifts, Sam was thrilled with each and every one and kept wanting to color and paint and play with all his new gifts. (He liked delivering it one time and wandering around the ship too!)
What a treat to have met such a nice bunch of people, and to be waited on like royalty by the great crew. Can't wait to sail again ... though I will be looking forward to spreading out in our 2 bedroom villa this week at the Grand Californian when we get there after being in that cozy stateroom. Only had 150 emails in my inbox so it wasn't as bad as I'd thought it might be. :scared1: Miss y'all already!

Sam was an absolute doll & joy to have around - such a cutie!!! Loved getting to know you & Alex better, so very glad that you joined us!!! Most of the character b/fast pics turned out great, so PM your email address when you get home & email those to you!!!

It is always so sad to leave the ship - so very glad that my MR trip is in 3 months - need to make final pmt this week & start booking some stuff LOL!!!! i also booked a dummy cruise onboard that i'll move to 2013 sometime but can't even think about that right now with the 2 i have booked for 2012...
Enjoy the Grand & your days at DL!!! and safe travels back to Maui - planning on going there next Nov or Dec for our 25th anniv - would love to hook with you guys one night for dinner or something~

John and I loved getting to know you, Alex and Sam. I think John loved Palo too. When you get a chance, can you PM me your last name. I will leave the tickets at Guest Relations under your name, so you can come any day that fits into your schedule.

It was an amazing cruise. I had so much fun. Didn't get to sit in a deck chair and read as often as I imagined, but that was alright. We had a blast. My friends, who were first time Disney cruisers, enjoyed themselves also, so that was a big plus. Some of the highlights for me were:

The meet at the Promonade lounge
The All Aboard show, day one! Loved it.
Tea at the Empress Hotel.
The Golden Mickey show. (We were at the first show!)
Watching the scavenger hunt and Match your Mate shows.:lmao::lmao:
Palo dinner.
The movie The Help.
Palo brunch. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2
Alone time at the spa. :goodvibes :goodvibes
Tacos and a mango margurita in Ensenada. The entire Ensenada tour.

The lowlights..

Disembarkment. :headache::headache:

Thank you all so much! Hilde, Wendell and Sharon-first time on a Disney cruise-said the FE gifts were the best part of the cruise. They, as well as I, can't thank you all enough for your generosity and kindness!

i thought all the FE gifts were fantastic! Well thought-out, creative. I was going to start naming my favorites, but there weren't any that i didn't like!

My ten-year old loved the FE. He kept saying, "let's go check the sockets!" Which was a cross between sock and pocket. Sock because it reminded him of Christmas and pocket because of the pockets.

We had fun eating lunch with you too Katiezmom!!!

I was glad we were only sea sick one day. I was worried. I was disappointed there was no chocolate or towel on my bed when I got home. :sad2:

I may post some tips in the main cruise area. wish I'd known we could take the $2 bus in Ensenada and see the spout hole or whatever that was called. I did get some good shopping in though and found ear rings to match my necklace plus mexican vanilla!!!

Hope you all had as much fun as we did! Wish we could have gone to Disneyland too, but the kids couldn't miss more school. We will probably go to the World next anyway to see the new Legoland and Harry Potter at Universal.

Thanks again for all the great gifts, yes the pin was awesome! I wanted to make buttons, but couldn't find a machine to borrow. :flower3:

Home again home again. I felt like a little kid this morning...a cranky, grumpy little kid, stomping her feet and screaming 'but I don wanna go home'. Sigh...at least the dogs were happy to see me. What a wonderful, wonderful trip. We too rebooked on board - just a dummy date as we probably won't cruise again til 2013 at the earliest. Will post more after a good night's sleep. harumph...will miss those dreamy DCL pillows. Uploaded photos - umm..just over 1500 so will have to go through and do some picking and choosing.

Nighty night and Wonder-ful dreams :)

So sad to be off the cruise ship but now we're heading to WDW for the weekend for the Haunted Mansion Event. That is a personal record for me DL and WDW in one week.

Just wanted to say thank you for all the wonderful FE gifts. My husband and I loved them all, especially the red cups...we used them the whole cruise!!!

i thought all the FE gifts were fantastic! Well thought-out, creative. I was going to start naming my favorites, but there weren't any that i didn't like!

My ten-year old loved the FE. He kept saying, "let's go check the sockets!" Which was a cross between sock and pocket. Sock because it reminded him of Christmas and pocket because of the pockets.

We had fun eating lunch with you too Katiezmom!!!

I was glad we were only sea sick one day. I was worried. I was disappointed there was no chocolate or towel on my bed when I got home. :sad2:

I may post some tips in the main cruise area. wish I'd known we could take the $2 bus in Ensenada and see the spout hole or whatever that was called. I did get some good shopping in though and found ear rings to match my necklace plus mexican vanilla!!!

Hope you all had as much fun as we did! Wish we could have gone to Disneyland too, but the kids couldn't miss more school. We will probably go to the World next anyway to see the new Legoland and Harry Potter at Universal.

Thanks again for all the great gifts, yes the pin was awesome! I wanted to make buttons, but couldn't find a machine to borrow. :flower3:

It's called La Bufadora. I've driven down there and to Ensenada a number of times over the years, but not recently. It's one of the nicer areas in Baja California.

I also got to know Rick, Holly and girls (Chisa family) on the 4 hours bus fiasco (oy, stay away from Karmel.......yikes). I love being in Disneyland but I really am starting to miss the Wonder. Thankfully Steve is comiing around the booking another cruise, almost had him convinced to jump on the second Hawaii cruise they announced :)

It was wonderful meeting you, too! I guess being trapped on a bus for four hours is one way to make new friends....:lmao:

Back at work this morning after flying in from Disneyland last night. What a wonderful experience!!! I cannot thank you enough for your generosity with the FE's - they were amazing! We were truly overwhelmed. My daughter, Maggie, tried to hang the bag on the wall at the Disney Hotel and was crushed when I told her it wouldn't work off the ship.

We booked a dummy cruise as well; we'll book after we see the 2013 schedule.

We loved meeting all of you! Thank you to all the great ladies I met the very first hour in the Star Lounge booking Palo - very cool to bump into folks right from the get go. The meet up was great! Ferg - your family is amazing. We'll need to figure out a way for us to come up or you to come down! (Maybe you should come down - the exchange rate is better.) And, of course, for those of you trapped with us on the Karmel shuttle for four hours - thank you for making what was the "wildest ride in the wilderness" a bit more tolerable!

You all truly blessed us, especially our girls. Can't wait to cruise with all of you again!!!!

I haven't really been on the boards for a while since our arrival in LA on September 25. I had a doctors appointment on Monday and I had surgery on Tuesday evening. After recovering in the hospital for a day I returned home yesterday afternoon and I have been taking it easy. Tonight I fly to WDW for the W&D Half Marathon and although my doctor doesn't recommend I run the race I will try to walk it. Yeah, everyone thinks I'm crazy.

It was great meeting my fellow Disers on this cruise and considering my condition I did have a good time. I heard I was the easiest person to spot since I was the only passenger with a sling. You people are the best!

I haven't really been on the boards for a while since our arrival in LA on September 25. I had a doctors appointment on Monday and I had surgery on Tuesday evening. After recovering in the hospital for a day I returned home yesterday afternoon and I have been taking it easy. Tonight I fly to WDW for the W&D Half Marathon and although my doctor doesn't recommend I run the race I will try to walk it. Yeah, everyone thinks I'm crazy.

It was great meeting my fellow Disers on this cruise and considering my condition I did have a good time. I heard I was the easiest person to spot since I was the only passenger with a sling. You people are the best!

Yes you are CRAZY!!!!! Sorry we didn't have a chance to meet - i guess i left the Dis meet too early....but yes did spot you around the ship here & there!! Glad you had a good time despite the sling. Safe travels - and WALK EASY - see you at the Tinkerbell!

Take it easy!!! Enjoy the race. You rock. It was so much fun meeting you. Hope to see you in January for the Marathon....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter