Sept 20,2011 Wonder Repositioning Cruise

Omigosh! If I don't get a cabin number before the cruise, I will cry!!! :sad:
WOW - i just booked within the last two weeks and got our cabin no right away
So, I think our cruise is pretty much full. If you go to "search for a cruise" you can only select up to 5 people. And it doesn't matter if you do all adults, or 1 adult and 4 kids, it only lets you go up to 5 people total even though one of the rooms it says is still available sleeps up to 7. So basically, the ship has 5 spots open and that's IT!!! I'm betting our chances for a pixie dust upgrade are pretty much slim to none. :sad1:
i just tried to book another 2 person cruise (just to see) and there are still rooms available altho it started with cat 5C - only the three Suites can you book for more than 5 ppl - at least the Magic has three suites...,not sure if Wonder has 2 or 3

Actually 5 is the most you can ever put when you search for a cruise. I know that some of the suites say the sleep 7, but this is either an error (that the actually only sleep 5) or to fit more in the room you'd have to call in to book it.

But I have noticed that there wasn't any available rooms in the inside or ocean view categories the last time I checked.

The only way to know would be to call and ask how full the ship is so far. Also, after the paid in full date, we may see some rooms open up since there is the chance that some might cancel.

true true...will be interesting to see if we do have a completely full ship

Heather & John, room#2560
Susan & James, Jameson (4), room #2580
Michelle & Steve, Grandma Robbie, Kate (7), room #5020
Taaren & Alex, Sam (5), room #6003
Donna & Diane, room #6047
Cadznychc, Diane, room #6090
Jennifer & Bob, room #6128
Justin & Joy, Holly (10 months), room #6313
Janice, Trevor (young adult), room #6503
Darcy, Nick (young adult), room #7621
Crystal & Aaron, Jacob (4), Ella (1), room#?
Pam & Nate, room#?

Please check over the list and let me know any corrections.
to Cadznychc, can you let me know your first name?

Thank you,
Jennifer aka Missj1975

Hey Jen, i am Brenda - bff is Dianne (2 n's) :)

Actually 5 is the most you can ever put when you search for a cruise. I know that some of the suites say the sleep 7, but this is either an error (that the actually only sleep 5) or to fit more in the room you'd have to call in to book it.

But I have noticed that there wasn't any available rooms in the inside or ocean view categories the last time I checked.

The only way to know would be to call and ask how full the ship is so far. Also, after the paid in full date, we may see some rooms open up since there is the chance that some might cancel.

That's weird! I never knew you could only book rooms up to 5 people! :confused:

some rooms sleep only 3, some 4 and some 5...the suites sleep 7

Right! That's why it seems weird that you can only search for up to 5 people when some of their suites sleep up to 7!!! :confused:

Thank you to rosiep for the Hotwire advice!

I also got the Sheraton Wall Centre from 17-20 September for $131 per night. Awesome deal considering it would otherwise have been $279 a night!
can you share the 'deal' again or tell me what page it is on....TIA

Right! That's why it seems weird that you can only search for up to 5 people when some of their suites sleep up to 7!!! :confused:
hummm - i just checked the suites and they too show only allowing 5 guests....so i guess they think 2 in each bedroom and 1 on the "murphy" bed - i wouldn't be paying 15K for only 5:scared1:

hummm - i just checked the suites and they too show only allowing 5 guests....so i guess they think 2 in each bedroom and 1 on the "murphy" bed - i wouldn't be paying 15K for only 5:scared1:

Oops. I meant Concierge. ;)

Is anyone considering the Butchart garden tour? Dianne & I are thinking that is one we'd like.....it looks absolutely gorgeous there! Would definitely make for some great photos ops

Is anyone considering the Butchart garden tour? Dianne & I are thinking that is one we'd like.....it looks absolutely gorgeous there! Would definitely make for some great photos ops

We looked at it, but I think we're doing the Empress Tea instead - the adults only one. Anyone else doing that excursion?

Well blow me over…this thread has grown by fathoms!

So we changed our minds and are flying in the day before the cruise. It will make it easier on these senior pirates. Plus we can make a grog run to carry on the ship.

Airfare has gone waaaaay up since we booked, now at $415.00pp (bought direct from our carrier of choice). Glad we booked when we did. $179.00pp with a companion fare! Don’t ya just love a great deal? Hotel for right now is Sandman. Near the airport and with a shuttle. With us ease comes first then comes cost.

Rosiep, thanks a bunch for posting the excursions. I had gone on the DCL site a few times to check and never found them. I’ll have to check with the SSP (supper senior pirate) to see what she wants to attend.

CrystalS, great job on the logo! Although I love the PotC movies, I’m still attached to my first pirate love…Capitan Hook. Of course if Jonny Depp wanted to give a an Argg……..

Just over four months and counting people!

we would do the adult one as well.....let us know if you book it

Brenda, as much as I would love to do the Tea, just not sure about the extra $ and DH only wants to go to the Gardens, so that is most likely the one that we will book. Can't book excursions and stuff until July though, so I will have to see what is available at the time.

I also would love to go to a Palo Brunch, but will have to see

Yes,

Me (Diane) and BFF (Donna) will be doing this one as well. Last year I did a 7 day repo on NCL Pearl (daughter and SIL) bringing the ship up in April. We used Grayline tours and saved about 25 per person over what the ship was charging. We will use them again. Bus meets in front of the Empress Hotel. We took a cab down, spent about an hour and half walking around and then hopped on the bus to the Gardens. LOVED THEM..... The bus dropped us back off at the ship. They cannot pick up there because of some sort of contract but they can drop you off. About 50% of our tour were cruise people. Time was not an issue, as we had a couple of hours to spare on our return. Let me know if you would like to share a cabby into Victoria. Cost was only about $15.

Diane :flower3:

Oh I am SOOOO excited after reading this thread!!! My hubby and I are sailing with you guys and I just cannot wait!! This will be my 4th cruise and our 3rd cruise together (all on DCL :goodvibes). I am looking forward to some spa time - I've never been in the "rainforest" but am thinking about getting a 5-day pass.

We're flying into Vancouver on the 17th - we've always wanted to go to Vancouver and there's so much we want to do! Staying at Disney's GCH for a few days after the cruise.

I :love:the logo!! And I would love to join the FE exchange - Pam & Tim stateroom #7076 :)

Oh I am SOOOO excited after reading this thread!!! My hubby and I are sailing with you guys and I just cannot wait!! This will be my 4th cruise and our 3rd cruise together (all on DCL :goodvibes). I am looking forward to some spa time - I've never been in the "rainforest" but am thinking about getting a 5-day pass.

We're flying into Vancouver on the 17th - we've always wanted to go to Vancouver and there's so much we want to do! Staying at Disney's GCH for a few days after the cruise.

I :love:the logo!! And I would love to join the FE exchange - Pam & Tim stateroom #7076 :)

Welcome Pam (from another Pam ;))! I'm SO surprised how many people are on this cruise without children! I think it will be a great time and am looking forward to meeting all of you and your families! :)

To those who have done the rain forest, is the 5-day rain forest pass really worth it?! :confused3 I'm debating it... more leaning to just one day. If I get a just one day pass, can I come and go throughout the day, or is it just a one-time visit during that day?

We picked....... sister! :p
Okay this was a few pages back about transportation from the port to non-Disney Resort Hotels and I thought it was funny, because we (similarly) picked ... in-laws!

Butchart Gardens is stunning any time of year, I've been to Victoria several times and hit Butchart every time, and will definitely be going again this time. Because my son is the right age to be wow'ed by it, I'm hoping there'll still be spaces left on the Butchart & Butterfly Gardens tour at the 75 day mark. I've got some great pictures of my nephew when he was only slightly older than my son is now with butterflies on his shirt and those moments were priceless so hopefully my son will get to experience them too. Hoping there aren't too many gold/platinum cruisers that will book the excursion/Palo slot I want ... since this is a newer itinerary, I'm cautiously hopeful. :upsidedow

Okay this was a few pages back about transportation from the port to non-Disney Resort Hotels and I thought it was funny, because we (similarly) picked ... in-laws!

Ironically, our choice will probably be my sister-in-law as well... well, she will be by then! ;)

You guys are all making me want to change our excursion choice! I can't book till 75 days out, so I guess we'll probably end up taking what's left, but if BOTH are options, I'm not sure what I'll do. :confused: So, the gardens are really, really good?

Diane, where did you find the Grey Line tour of BG? I looked and did see anything except for a tour from Vancouver BC via ferry then bus. Can you point me to the tour? We might be interested in sharing a cab. Don’t know as yet.
Thanks
Amy

OK, so I'm just gonna put this out there. In my family, we never do surprises anyways, so surprises just aren't my thing! LOL! I knew the exact day that DF was going to propose, and every birthday/Christmas/Mother's Day/Father's Day, etc... my family just tells each other exactly what they want, and often goes together to pick them out so that we get EXACTLY what that person wants! LOL! So, this is no different, I guess. It's just not in my nature to do surprises. ;)

So, I know not everyone is going to want/like the type of necklaces that I make, so I don't want to make necklaces for people who don't want/like them. BUT, I LOVE making these necklaces!!! :yay: I've got just about every color of thread (although I don't believe I have pink :() and just about every color of bead. If you would LIKE one of these necklaces, I would LOVE to make one for you! :) Yes, this will *probably* count as ONE of your FE's, but I've got several things I'm working on so it will not be your ONLY FE (I'm just having WAY too much fun making things! LOL! :)) Just let me know your neck size, or your kids' neck sizes, and color choices (please give me a few ;)) and I'll be happy to oblige. Here are some pics to give you some ideas of what I do. :)

necklaces.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter