• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sept 18 2010 WB TransAtlantic Pirates/Capt Jacks Re-Repositioning Repossession Cruise

Status
Not open for further replies.
When Len telephoned and said he wanted to rebook and cancel, they said that we MIGHT get an onboard credit, len said just cancel and rebook, she went away, then said they would just adjust the balance due and credit the fuel supplent.

Thankyou for posting this info

Really? HMMM need to talk to Dan about this one

Yes they def removed it on our reservation, I was going to cancel and rebook and they offered to remove it, I did wonder if they would be able to put it back on, they said no! but seems it depends who you get on the phone, I have always thought they were inconsistant with info, I know this from our last meet thread.Some folks got info re rotations some didnt, just stuff like that.

I think we are going to try to get it removed also. IMO the whole OBC is silly. If we had made final payment I could see the OBC but the cruise is in 9/2010! :rolleyes:

OK, I've been reading all this while working, so it hasn't gotten 100% of my attention...but, if they will possibly be giving us an OBC...why rebook? (especially if the fule charge may come back) Heaven knows, over two weeks there would be plenty of photos, adult beverages, smoothies and excursions to spend the money on.

Am I missing something?

Im thinking that too but what happens if they later introduce the fuel supplement again? Will we still get the OBC?

lol I agree it is cheeky but $400 onboard credit sounds nice too and Im not sure I want to rebook as a GTY

I dont blame you! we have a gty anyway!
If the onboard credit was a def I would have left it at that, thanks for the info re the library!, pron where my book went.
I am getting ready for work, lots of snow so have to leave early!!

VERY INCONSISTANT!!!! The manager I spoke to today though was really nice. Her hands are tied until the high ups make a better decision! SOOOOOO frustrating!

The crazy thing though is that you are now paying less then me and I booked before you! lol!!!

Right now I am hoping out faith that they will make this right.

Im hoping for this now too! OBC would be so much better! Maybe theyll send us all a letter telling us about our gift lol

I got an email from our (WONDERFUL) travel agent last night about the changes in charges and increased tax. I replied to her immediately and asked her to tell me in plain English what it all meant for me and my bottom line! :lmao: Her response to me is below:

Basically this means that there will be an additional $7.57 taxes added per person for the TA cruise.

BUT…if the fuel supplement return holds (it all depends if the gas prices stay low like they are now) then you will be rebated back the cost of the fuel supplement as a shipboard credit for the cruise. If the price of oil rises above the $70 a barrel mark then the Disney will keep the fuel supplement in place that is already part of the price you were quoted for the TA cruise and you will not be given the cost back as a shipboard credit.

Bottom line is that you WILL have an additional $7.57 per person added to your TA cruise price. That’s a done deal. Plus you MAY have your fuel supplement rebated back to you as a shipboard credit. We will have to wait and see what happens and since this is so far out there is no need to worry one way or another right now.

Based on that information, Jason and I decided to just let it go and hope for the OBC. But at this point we've already worked out our budget to afford this trip (and the last Med before it because we're doing B2B) and so we've already planned on paying fuel charge...so we'll leave it there to be safe...and the added tax is a drop in the bucket compared to the total price of the trip(s). We're just going to hope for an onboard credit and then we can feel like Disney gave us a present!! ;)

So it doesn't bother you that someone who books today will not pay a FS but, you may have to? I think DCL is way off base on this one.

I dont blame you! we have a gty anyway!
If the onboard credit was a def I would have left it at that, thanks for the info re the library!, pron where my book went.
I am getting ready for work, lots of snow so have to leave early!!

In that case I see your reasoning!

Can't believe you guys have snow up there. Down here in Wales we just have cold!

So it doesn't bother you that someone who books today will not pay a FS but, you may have to? I think DCL is way off base on this one.

Ah but bare in mind, if they reintroduce the fuel supplement then I would assume like the additional taxes they can just add them to the current price

I was truly stunned at Todd's outburst about that logo. which brings me to. . .

Todd (DisneyVegas): Thanks for starting this thread and getting the ball rolling. It was nice to have a place to call home as soon as I booked on that very first day the window opened. I am sorry you are annoyed by my signature logo and do not consider it to be the "true" logo. Ironically I only have it because I felt so very pressured from you to put a logo in my signature (something I have always been too lazy to bother with before). I guess I came into the thread thinking it was for and about us all and we could all do what suited ourselves best. This is how it has been on every other thread on the DIS I have been a part of. Anyway, I just want you to know I am not trying to irritate you, I am just trying to be ME (which is not really someone who is a part of your "crew" I guess--but I am a part of this cruise so I think I still have a right to be here, don't you?).

I was going to try and stay out of this whole lanyard thing because quite frankly I don't wear them but I had to respond to this. Eric, I think you came up with a great idea of working both logos into your design somehow to make everyone happy - Thank You!!!!

I don't think Todd meant any disrespect to Stephanie or her design with his original post - rather he was setting the record straight that he designed a cruise logo that was voted and agreed upon at the beginning of the thread that was different and not tweaked by Stephanie who did her own logo. I appreciate all the work and time that Stephanie has put in - the website is amazing and is a job that I could never do.

There are many different groups of us here who have sailed together before (Previous TA Repo's, EBPC Repo, Double Dips, regular Wonder/Magic) which is a wonderful thing - friends getting to sail with friends again. However, I do have to admit that it feels, at least to me, that if anyone disagree's with something/someone not in that group then they are wrong. You know, opinions are like noses and we all have one. We don't have to agree with each other but we should try and respect each others opinions. I agree with what has been posted before - a typed response can come across different than what was intended.

This thread isn't only for a select few who sailed together on one cruise or another - it's a thread for anyone sailing on THIS PARTICULAR CRUISE. I know that I'm viewing my individual cruise experience as a "reunion" with the friends I sailed with on the EBPC Repo and will in all probablity make plans for some excursions and stuff with them BUT that doesn't mean that I don't want or shouldn't be allowed to participate in any of DIS group's excursions/activities. No one should not feel welcome here just because they didn't sail with a particular group.

I hope I haven't offended anyone - believe me that is not my intent but I felt as someone who at time does not feel welcome here because I didn't sail on the original TA's or with a different group that I needed to speak up not only for myself but for the others out there who aren't saying anything.

I was going to try and stay out of this whole lanyard thing because quite frankly I don't wear them but I had to respond to this. Eric, I think you came up with a great idea of working both logos into your design somehow to make everyone happy - Thank You!!!!

I don't think Todd meant any disrespect to Stephanie or her design with his original post - rather he was setting the record straight that he designed a cruise logo that was voted and agreed upon at the beginning of the thread that was different and not tweaked by Stephanie who did her own logo. I appreciate all the work and time that Stephanie has put in - the website is amazing and is a job that I could never do.

There are many of groups of us here who have sailed together before (Previous TA Repo's, EBPC Repo, Double Dips, regular Wonder/Magic) which is a wonderful thing - friends getting to sail with friends again. However, I do have to admit that it feels, at least to me, that if anyone disagree's with something/someone not in that group then they are wrong. You know, opinions are like noses and we all have one. We don't have to agree with each other but we should try and respect each others opinions. I agree with what has been posted before - a typed response can come across different than what was intended.

This thread isn't only for a select few who sailed together on one cruise or another - it's a thread for anyone sailing on THIS PARTICULAR CRUISE. I know that I'm viewing my individual cruise experience as a "reunion" with the friends I sailed with on the EBPC Repo and will in all probablity make plans for some excursions and stuff with them BUT that doesn't mean that I don't want or shouldn't be allowed to participate in any of DIS group's excursions/activities. No one should not feel welcome here just because they didn't sail with a particular group.

I hope I haven't offended anyone - believe me that is not my intent but I felt as someone who at time does not feel welcome here because I didn't sail on the original TA's or with a different group that I needed to speak up not only for myself but for the others out there who aren't saying anything.

:worship: :worship: :worship:

Very Well said , I dont think I could have said it any better

pirate:

I don't know this for sure, but I would think that someone who books today without a FS will have language in their cruise contract that allows Disney to add it later if it is necessary. I don't think that booking today will guarantee that no FS can be charged. Getting it taken off your reservation now will also not gaurantee that it won't be added back later.

I would rather plan on including it in the total cost of the trip now. Then if it gets cancelled or returned as an OBC later, it will be like a gift!

Marilyn

There are many of groups of us here who have sailed together before (Previous TA Repo's, EBPC Repo, Double Dips, regular Wonder/Magic) which is a wonderful thing - friends getting to sail with friends again. However, I do have to admit that it feels, at least to me, that if anyone disagree's with something/someone not in that group then they are wrong. You know, opinions are like noses and we all have one. We don't have to agree with each other but we should try and respect each others opinions. I agree with what has been posted before - a typed response can come across different than what was intended.

Very nicely said.....Better than i could say a few pages back....:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Just a Reminder

DIS meet at WDW on the 21st Of December is coming up quick , hope some of you can make it ...

We are getting ready to head there in 2 weeks from today :cool1: :cool1:

Also dont forget the Disneyland DIS meet is March 14th 2009 ...

Hope to see new faces and past acquaintances , both meets should be a great time .

pirate:

We are also going to WDW two weeks from today, but can only stay for three nights, so we will have to miss the DIS meet.

My DH has an appointment at Mayo Clinic on the 19th to meet his new surgeon. He had back surgery in August, and it didn't work! Now they are looking at a much more extensive surgery, including a laminectomy and a fusion. I have been looking forward to this Christmas Disney trip, but as we found out during our 2-week Food and Wine trip in October, walking at Disney is the worst thing he can do. Oh well, just being there will be better than nothing!

Where are you staying? We will be at VWL.

We are also going to WDW two weeks from today, but can only stay for three nights, so we will have to miss the DIS meet.

My DH has an appointment at Mayo Clinic on the 19th to meet his new surgeon. He had back surgery in August, and it didn't work! Now they are looking at a much more extensive surgery, including a laminectomy and a fusion. I have been looking forward to this Christmas Disney trip, but as we found out during our 2-week Food and Wine trip in October, walking at Disney is the worst thing he can do. Oh well, just being there will be better than nothing!

Where are you staying? We will be at VWL.

Sorry to hear about the bad surgery , We will be staying at OKW we get there on the 15th , and will be there through the night of the 23rd , I know friends of ours are staying at VWL that will be cruising on this TA and the Med before it ...

pirate:

Ah but bare in mind, if they reintroduce the fuel supplement then I would assume like the additional taxes they can just add them to the current price

I don't know this for sure, but I would think that someone who books today without a FS will have language in their cruise contract that allows Disney to add it later if it is necessary. I don't think that booking today will guarantee that no FS can be charged. Getting it taken off your reservation now will also not gaurantee that it won't be added back later.

I would rather plan on including it in the total cost of the trip now. Then if it gets cancelled or returned as an OBC later, it will be like a gift!

Marilyn

I agree.....it is not worth the hassle to call and haggle to try and get the fuel charge refunded now......if they decided to take i off, fine.....if not then we wait and see what happensin 2010 ( a long way away.) If DCL takes it away now, they can always add it later!

As far as the lanyards go.....I am grateful someone would take the considerable amount of time and effort to do such an awesome thing! It will be great to have something to identify each other on the ship...I don't think my "gaydar" will work as a "DISar".....:rotfl2: ....although maybe after a few more DIS cruies I will be able to tweak it a bit for that particular frequency. The lanyards will be a great identifier until then!:banana:

I agree.....it is not worth the hassle to call and haggle to try and get the fuel charge refunded now......if they decided to take i off, fine.....if not then we wait and see what happensin 2010 ( a long way away.) If DCL takes it away now, they can always add it later!

As far as the lanyards go.....I am grateful someone would take the considerable amount of time and effort to do such an awesome thing! It will be great to have something to identify each other on the ship...I don't think my "gaydar" will work as a "DISar".....:rotfl2: ....although maybe after a few more DIS cruies I will be able to tweak it a bit for that particular frequency. The lanyards will be a great identifier until then!:banana:

OMG....I HOPE HOPE HOPE the tag fairy sees this post and makes your new tag "I don't think my 'gaydar' will work as 'DISar'"....that is officially now my favorite DIS quote EVER!! And for the record, on most Disney vacations our gaydar is already working in overdrive, so we can't spare any as DISar anyway!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: So the lanyards will, indeed, have to be a solid substitute!!! :thumbsup2

There are many different groups of us here who have sailed together before (Previous TA Repo's, EBPC Repo, Double Dips, regular Wonder/Magic) which is a wonderful thing - friends getting to sail with friends again. However, I do have to admit that it feels, at least to me, that if anyone disagree's with something/someone not in that group then they are wrong. You know, opinions are like noses and we all have one. We don't have to agree with each other but we should try and respect each others opinions. I agree with what has been posted before - a typed response can come across different than what was intended.

Thank you for your thoughts...I agree with a lot of what you've said....this thread is, indeed, unique (at least from my experience) because there are more different groups of folks who have sailed together in the past than I have ever seen in my limited experience on the DIS---and it is easy for that to start to feel a little "clique-y" (and I'm a high school cheerleading coach----so believe me I KNOW me some cliques!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: )---and I think that all of us from all the previous cruise groups are feeling the same way...and perhaps even doing it to each other without realizing it or intending to do so----because I, too, have often felt unwelcome...in fact, I have participated in this thread far less than any other meet thread I've ever been on before, for that very reason....and as I read more and more posts from folks on here I'm realizing that others are feeling the same way and that is unfortunate and unnecessary.

So I absolutely agree that it's time to wipe the slate clean, remember why we participate in the DIS and start planning on having the journey of a lifetime together!

Thank you for your thoughts...I agree with a lot of what you've said....this thread is, indeed, unique (at least from my experience) because there are more different groups of folks who have sailed together in the past than I have ever seen in my limited experience on the DIS---and it is easy for that to start to feel a little "clique-y" (and I'm a high school cheerleading coach----so believe me I KNOW me some cliques!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: )---and I think that all of us from all the previous cruise groups are feeling the same way...and perhaps even doing it to each other without realizing it or intending to do so----because I, too, have often felt unwelcome...in fact, I have participated in this thread far less than any other meet thread I've ever been on before, for that very reason....and as I read more and more posts from folks on here I'm realizing that others are feeling the same way and that is unfortunate and unnecessary.

So I absolutely agree that it's time to wipe the slate clean, remember why we participate in the DIS and start planning on having the journey of a lifetime together!

I just noticed your from Rochester , Im from Buffalo and still have family there ...glad to see a fellow upper New Yorker

pirate:

I just noticed your from Rochester , Im from Buffalo and still have family there ...glad to see a fellow upper New Yorker

pirate:

I am indeed...I've lived here since 1992 and Jason's been here since 1998...it's home...even though it's cold! :lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter