• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sept 18 2010 WB TransAtlantic Pirates/Capt Jacks Re-Repositioning Repossession Cruise

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is the leg room? DH is a dainty 6'4 and needs the space!

We went through Disney too, just because they will arrange travel and shuttles, etc. Although now I'm worried about which airline they're going to book because of aforementioned dainty DH.

The transatlantic flight was fine with regard to leg room. But the flight from Dublin to Barcelona was more cramped, and I'm 5'8.

Maybe we can get a group discount?!?!?!?! :)

I think someone wanted to do that the last time. I can't remember exactly what the qualifications were though. I know that we ended up not going through with it though. For some reason, I think we had to have at least 25 people traveling together.
That would be great though!

Jenn

I think someone wanted to do that the last time. I can't remember exactly what the qualifications were though. I know that we ended up not going through with it though. For some reason, I think we had to have at least 25 people traveling together.
That would be great though!

Jenn

I can contact them next week to find out what the requirements are if anyone is interested (can't do it before, have a huge project at work that I need to finish by Tuesday when our outside accountants come in to do year end tax planning and such).

I can contact them next week to find out what the requirements are if anyone is interested (can't do it before, have a huge project at work that I need to finish by Tuesday when our outside accountants come in to do year end tax planning and such).

Sounds like a plan. See what you can find out.
Thanks!

Jenn

Has anyone ever flown Aer Lignus? They seem to be very reasonable. New York to Barcelona is less than $500. Just wondering, since we are doing our own airfare.

I have been doing dummy airfare (sept '09) and Air Lingus is the best deal out there right now. You should also check via Jetblue (if you are leaving from another city), they are partners. Doing a dummy flight in April of '09 it was $392 to Dublin from BUF, via JFK (no worrying about luggage they take care of it). Then 86 Euro to Paris (thinking about doing an overnight train and Paris city tour/transfer) or 108 Euro to Barcelona. I wonder how many of us will be on the green airline, lol.

Pj

We booked through Disney for the EB TA, we flew on Delta the whole way.

Maybe we can get a group discount?!?!?!?! :)

On Air Lingus, you only need 6 people, they have a link to group travel right on the homepage,to get group rates, hmmmmm

Might have to make a chart for each day the week before the cruise to see if we have enough people flying each day, lol.

Pj

We would def be up for it! There are 5 of us flying out there.

Hi everyone-I'm Jane...

f_welcomesignm_e8323ba.gif

Thanks for answering my questions. I feel better knowing how long it will take. It looks like from here to Barcelona we will be traveling about 24 hours between layovers and flying.
I think it would be fun to post our flgiths once we get them next year so we can see if some of us are on the same flights?
That would be fun to meet at the airport while waiting to board.

Well time for dinner here. I probably wont be back on line until tomorrow,
so I will say good night.

Kathy

We haven't booked any air yet. Can't this far out. I was just reasearching using a dummy date to see what was available. We are from Michigan and there isn't any flights to BCN without stopping at least once, so I'm trying to keep the stops and the cost to a minimum. It would be great if we could fill the plane with Disers :)

Annette

Did anyone use a flight consolidator on any of the TA's last time???

We always use to use them when we would fly to Indonesia and save a ton of money.

Stephaine, haven't thought about flight consolidators since I was in travel school. Did a search and lots to read but found one site to play on, ww .far ebu zz. com/

Finding fares from MCO to Paris (end of March) from $318 (2-4 hr layover) to $600+ . Could be a really interesting alternative.

Pj

Stephaine, haven't thought about flight consolidators since I was in travel school. Did a search and lots to read but found one site to play on, ww .far ebu zz .com/

Finding fares from MCO to Paris (end of March) from $318 (2-4 hr layover) to $600+ . Could be a really interesting alternative.

Pj

THat is one of the sites we would book through. I looked at them about a week ago. I just can't wait till the dates get closer so we can price for real! :banana:

Stephaine, what were they like to work with? I have always worked direct with airlines, so don't have much experience otherwise.

Pj

they were great and by far the best prices. we booked the EB TA last time so late that I just used Disney's air. I did not have time to researach anything. We booked 5 days before the cruise left.

We used to use a travel agent that had great connections with really good flight consolidators. There is a huge market for it to Asia. I was actually looking at flights connecting through Hong Kong then to Spain just to see what they had to offer. Not really a good option but maybe when it gets closer.

When you book through them it is not like when you book through DCL and use a TA. You can call the airline directly to make special requests, etc....They just buy up seats on airlines at a discounted price and then resell them. The good thing about them too is that you can usually get good fares as long as there are seats on the plane. My first trip to Bali I booked just a week before it left and got the same airfare that everyone else got months before.

That is what Disney Air does too. They just buy up a whole bunch seats and can sell them at what they want to. DCL mark up is just much higher, imagine that! :lmao:

You may know most of this already but I figured I would post for those who have not used/heard of them before.

I am almost positive that that is what happened with DCL on the first day of booking. I think that those who got the AMAZING airfare were quoted their price, not the price they wanted to charge.

I wish that we added air first thing in the morning!!!!!!! I would have loved to have gotten that discount!!!!

I am almost positive that that is what happened with DCL on the first day of booking. I think that those who got the AMAZING airfare were quoted their price, not the price they wanted to charge.

I wish that we added air first thing in the morning!!!!!!! I would have loved to have gotten that discount!!!!

Us too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter