Sept 18 2010 WB TransAtlantic Pirates/Capt Jacks Re-Repositioning Repossession Cruise

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I would just email my DU agent to make her aware and she would do the rest?:confused3

Yep, that is what we did. Also moved from an 11 to a 12 GTY because they were offering real deals on that particular cruise in the 12gty category. We wound up in an 11 for the 12 price. DU took care of it all for us.

Yep, that is what we did. Also moved from an 11 to a 12 GTY because they were offering real deals on that particular cruise in the 12gty category. We wound up in an 11 for the 12 price. DU took care of it all for us.

Great, thanks for the advice. I have sent her an email.

Thanks!:thumbsup2

Has anyone ever flown Aer Lignus? They seem to be very reasonable. New York to Barcelona is less than $500. Just wondering, since we are doing our own airfare.

WELCOME JANE

Nice to have you aboard.
I am new here to and trying to meet everyone and learn who is who;)
I am Kathy, DH is Greg and this will be our 18th Disney cruise but our first with this bunch of pirates.pirate:
Besides the roll call on the first page we have a list of names on page 145 you can print off if you like to help learn some names.
I will add yours to it in a couple of minutes.:thumbsup2
Thanks for the invite but we are about 3500 miles from you, but who knows where we will be next year.:confused:

Morning all,
Hope your all having a good day today.
Cold and dreary here today. I'll bet Athene is nice and warm and having a great trip:woohoo:

I will check back later to see whats happening here today.

Kathy

Thanks Kathy, I will copy that list and I appreciate you adding my name to it.
I would love to catch up with you on your number of cruises...only16 cruise to go.
Jane

Has anyone ever flown Aer Lignus? They seem to be very reasonable. New York to Barcelona is less than $500. Just wondering, since we are doing our own airfare.

A number of people on the EB TA 2007 flew Aer Lingus - good prices. I can't recall a specific people right now though. I think I remember reading some of the trip reports for other Med trips of people flying Aer Lingus too. Try asking the question on the main DCL forum too. :) As we get closer to cruise time kayak and sidestep will be good sources for finding one way fares. People on the 2007 trip flew on Aer Lingus, Air India, Swiss Air, Air France :sad2: , and several others.

We flew Aer Lingus for the WBTA 2007. We also flew out of NY. I thought they were great. Awesome price. We are flying with them again for the WBTA 2010. Each seat has it's own TV. You could watch tons of movies, TV programs. They also have video games for the kids, with their own controllers.
They also served dinner to everyone--at no cost. We had a full chicken dinner--rolls & everything.
I highly recommend them!

Jenn

A number of people on the EB TA 2007 flew Aer Lingus - good prices. I can't recall a specific people right now though. I think I remember reading some of the trip reports for other Med trips of people flying Aer Lingus too. Try asking the question on the main DCL forum too. :) As we get closer to cruise time kayak and sidestep will be good sources for finding one way fares. People on the 2007 trip flew on Aer Lingus, Air India, Swiss Air, Air France :sad2: , and several others.

I was booked with Aer Lingus on the WBTA in Aug. 2007, but missed the flight and ended up on Delta thanks to some very dear DIS friends that were already in Barcelona. I believe my flight was $600 from JFK - BCN. Bev (Mickeymom923) was waiting for me at JFK with several other DISers while I was sitting in Virginia crying!!! :headache:

You might can ask her how the flight was. I dont think she had any problems with them and may be using them again for this cruise.

We flew Aer Lingus for the WBTA 2007. We also flew out of NY. I thought they were great. Awesome price. We are flying with them again for the WBTA 2010. Each seat has it's own TV. You could watch tons of movies, TV programs. They also have video games for the kids, with their own controllers.
They also served dinner to everyone--at no cost. We had a full chicken dinner--rolls & everything.
I highly recommend them!

Jenn

Where you able to book your flights already? So nice to know it is a great airline and a great price!

Hi everyone-I'm Jane,(I think I have managed to get connected to you all-I am not at all computer savvy).
I only learned of this site thru my sister,Marilyn(also going on the cruise). Although I have taken 2 other disney cruises, this one won't be with all the siblings & nieces & nephews & parents, who went on the last one with us.
So...it is great to get a chance to meet so many of you before we even start our journey. I guess I should keep this short (since we have almost 2 years to post each other) but first I want to extend an invitation to anyone in the Savannah area that can make it to our Halloween Party. It will be on Sat.
Nov.1st at 6:30. We're having a Pig Roast with all of the southern trimmings. And if the shrimp boats come in--plenty of fresh local shrimp. We live on Whitemarsh Island. It would be so nice to meet anyone from this area.
Oh, and I have already decided that for next years' party, I am going to make it a Pirates' Halloween Theme. (Had I only thought of it sooner....)
I look forward to hearing from everyone. I already feel like I know some of you just from the few posts that I have read.
Have a great day, Jane

Welcome Jane,

You have joined a group of savy pirates!!!!pirate:

Karenpirate:

We booked our airfare through Disney for this cruise. I know it costs more but its just less stressful for us.
Anybody know which carriers Disney uses to get us there?
I know they like to use American Airlines and Delta for their flights within the U.S. to Florida, but I dont know about over seas flights.

This is my first time going that far. I imagine from Oregon we will fly to NY and fly out from there.
It take 7 1/2 hours airtime , plus a layover to get from here to Florida. So I am figuring it will be about the same to NY.

For those who have done this before, how long a flight from NY to your final destination?? Just curious.
Thanks,

Kathy

I highly recommend them!

Jenn

How is the leg room? DH is a dainty 6'4 and needs the space!

We booked our airfare through Disney for this cruise. I know it costs more but its just less stressful for us.
I know they like to use American Airlines and Delta for their flights within the U.S. to Florida, but I dont know about over seas flights.

We went through Disney too, just because they will arrange travel and shuttles, etc. Although now I'm worried about which airline they're going to book because of aforementioned dainty DH.

Hi everyone!

I booked my flights thru Disney also just in the event that there is a delay and that they will take care of getting me to the ship.

Karen

Where you able to book your flights already? So nice to know it is a great airline and a great price!

No, you can't book this far out. I think you have to wait until 10-11 months before.
There were several dis people on that same flight. We have quite a huge group.:thumbsup2

jenn

How is the leg room? DH is a dainty 6'4 and needs the space!

The leg room is OK. Like any flight in coach I guess. My husband is 6'1" and he didn't have a problem until the woman in front of him put her seat all the way back to go to sleep. I personally had no problem. I was able to curl up completely in my seat without any problems.

Jenn

This is my first time going that far. I imagine from Oregon we will fly to NY and fly out from there.
It take 7 1/2 hours airtime , plus a layover to get from here to Florida. So I am figuring it will be about the same to NY.

For those who have done this before, how long a flight from NY to your final destination?? Just curious.
Thanks,

Kathy

It was about a 5 hour flight to Dublin, then another 2 hours to Barcelona.

Jenn

Thanks,

Kathy

We booked through Disney for the EB TA, we flew on Delta the whole way.

No, you can't book this far out. I think you have to wait until 10-11 months before.
There were several dis people on that same flight. We have quite a huge group.:thumbsup2

jenn

Maybe we can get a group discount?!?!?!?! :)

I highly recommend them!

Jenn

Ditto-we too flew Aer Lingus out of JFK for the 2007 WBTA, and loved it. The price couldn't be beat, and the seats with the individual TVs, the service, the meal were all great. Even enjoyed a Guinness at the Dublin airport during the 5 AM layover! We're hoping to fly them again to catch the final med before this trip.

I flew Aer Lingus years ago and they were just fine...matter of fact, we're planning on flying them out of JFK ourselves.

Ditto-we too flew Aer Lingus out of JFK for the 2007 WBTA, and loved it. The price couldn't be beat, and the seats with the individual TVs, the service, the meal were all great. Even enjoyed a Guinness at the Dublin airport during the 5 AM layover! We're hoping to fly them again to catch the final med before this trip.

DH would love the Guinness part!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter