• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sept 18 2010 WB TransAtlantic Pirates/Capt Jacks Re-Repoing Repossession Cruise Pt.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to catch up.
Love ALL the trees, we had a bit of snow but not as nice as all the pretty pics.
Sarah, it is a ritual now to log in and see what your you saying!
We went to see the new james bond film last night. it was good but not nearly as good as the first.
Cant mind all what i was going to say.
Erik, where or did you buy your bow ties? we tired to find a disney bow tie EVERYWHERE this side and your side of the atlantic this year, and on the net.
I was trying to find a lenny disney tie picture with his kilt to show you.
We went and visited a little preg beagle yest she was adorable so fingers crossed for a sister for Orly.
Better go and get breakie, nearly the weekend.
Lynne xx

All you repeat TA people, do they have any matinee performances on sea days?? Or do they change to all new shows in the evenings?
Kathy

No Kathy they didn't really. I think they showed a matinee of one of the shows on the one day (might have been Disney Dreams) but none of the others.

They had the standard shows - Disney Dreams, Golden Mickeys, Welcome Aboard, Farewell show and Twice Charmed
They also had a few comedians on
Then they had a few special shows - When Mickey Dreams, The Art of the Story
There was also a crew talent show and a game show called on the Nose (which Erik - didn't you appear in?)
And finally they had 2 different showtime performers - on the EB they had Jim Brickman & Boys II Men while on the WB they had Jim Brickman & Susan Egan (what I would give to have had Susan Egan & Boys II Men!)

Trying to catch up.
Love ALL the trees, we had a bit of snow but not as nice as all the pretty pics.
Sarah, it is a ritual now to log in and see what your you saying!
LOL I'm glad someone reads what I'm saying lol!
We went to see the new james bond film last night. it was good but not nearly as good as the first.
I still haven't seen it. Was thinking it wasn't going to be as good!
Cant mind all what i was going to say.
Erik, where or did you buy your bow ties? we tired to find a disney bow tie EVERYWHERE this side and your side of the atlantic this year, and on the net.
I was trying to find a lenny disney tie picture with his kilt to show you.
We went and visited a little preg beagle yest she was adorable so fingers crossed for a sister for Orly.
Better go and get breakie, nearly the weekend.
Lynne xx
I hope that she has a little girl! I'm sure he'd love a little sister!

Thanks Sarah for the information about the entertainment on board. I had no idea what they would do. I just knew that they would have something.

Got to go and wrap pipes and such today. 2 big storms headed our way. One hits tomorrow night, the other on sunday.
Going to be in the teens for lows and 20 to low 30's for highs through most of next week. Of course snow will be coming too, although as far south as we are from Portland we shouldnt get too much snow. just the wind and cold.

I have 2 electric heaters plus the porpane furnace in the RV, so that should keep us warm enough, I hope!!
RV's really dont have insulation like a house does, so it's much harder to keep us warm. we have wood floors, no carpet due to the dogs. I might buy a small throw rug for the living room area to help the warmth tomorrow morning.

I have my Mickey house shoes which are big and fuzzy and they are very warm.

catch everyone later,

Kathy

Any news on the fuel surcharges?

With the Holidays, 6 kids, 2 JRT, a house on acreage, a part time job and volunteering I can not keep up with all of these posts sorry!

I hope everyone is doing well.

Fav Character--Mickey for me.

Although pretty to look at I do not miss the snow at all.

We open our gifts on Christmas Eve. My family did it that way. I'm not sure why but, DH and I have kept that going.

We bought passes last weekend and surprised the kids. I REALLY DO NOT like what Disney has done to the lights at Hollywood Studios. I was hoping that last year was a one time deal not to be repeated. It was nice when it first started with the back lot lit up. You could walk around and enjoy some Christmas music. It is just plain tacky now :sad2:

The Toy Story Mania ride on the other hand is awesome! We will ride that many many times when the tourists go home in Jan. :)

Take care all!

:cloud9:
No Kathy they didn't really. I think they showed a matinee of one of the shows on the one day (might have been Disney Dreams) but none of the others.

They had the standard shows - Disney Dreams, Golden Mickeys, Welcome Aboard, Farewell show and Twice Charmed
They also had a few comedians on
Then they had a few special shows - When Mickey Dreams, The Art of the Story
There was also a crew talent show and a game show called on the Nose (which Erik - didn't you appear in?)
And finally they had 2 different showtime performers - on the EB they had Jim Brickman & Boys II Men while on the WB they had Jim Brickman & Susan Egan (what I would give to have had Susan Egan & Boys II Men!)

Do you know if Palo is open for brunch on all sea days. I am asking because I heard the Palo only preforms a brunch on Sea days.. and we have a lot of sea days on the TA. So maybe one could score 2 brunches:dance3:

Ang - are you guys on this cruise?

V, are you on this cruise? Where have you been!?!

Angie, I have to take time to play Skip a boo this cruise, geesh, it has only been two cruises I have have been suppose to learn, lol.

Pj

Do you know if Palo is open for brunch on all sea days. I am asking because I heard the Palo only preforms a brunch on Sea days.. and we have a lot of sea days on the TA. So maybe one could score 2 brunches:dance3:

Yep, brunch on every sea day. You will only be able to book one in advance (on line), but once you are on the ship you can try for more, or wait list for more. Tea at Palo is fun also, especially with a group of people...as high tea is all about socializing anyway!

If I go for brunch this year I want to eat in the normal dinning room, I haven't had a Palo meal in the dinning room since 2004, lol.

Pj

If I go for brunch this year I want to eat in the normal dinning room, I haven't had a Palo meal in the dinning room since 2004, lol.

Pj

But it is fun to share the private room with pals, isn't it? HOWEVER, it IS farther from the food! :lmao: :lmao:

But it is fun to share the private room with pals, isn't it? HOWEVER, it IS farther from the food! :lmao: :lmao:

We loved the private room! On the EBPC we managed to snag both a brunch and dinner in the private room and high teain the main room. I loved the more intimate feel of the private room though being closer to the food does have its advantages!

DF and I are hoping to do Palo Brunch and maybe a Palo dinner. We didn't do Palo at all on our first cruise because we wanted to experience all of the dining rooms, but since this is our second cruise, we want to try it. :)

Yep, brunch on every sea day. You will only be able to book one in advance (on line), but once you are on the ship you can try for more, or wait list for more. Tea at Palo is fun also, especially with a group of people...as high tea is all about socializing anyway!

Hi, when was the last time you had high tea, we had it in oct and really,really did not enjoy it at all. Not what I thought high tea consisted off.
Obviously this is only our opinion,although the folks we took with us did think the same. Chunky rolls with wierd and wonderfull fillings that you can get elsewhere(cakes were the same,you could get them else where) on the ship was very dissapointing for us.

WOW!!! Now you know everyone is busy!!!!!! I last checked the thread yesterday afternoon and find that this morning we are still on the same page????? Must have been alot of holiday parties last night!!!! :rotfl:

Just popped in to keep up with the posts and to wish everyone a great weekend!!!

WOW!!! Now you know everyone is busy!!!!!! I last checked the thread yesterday afternoon and find that this morning we are still on the same page????? Must have been alot of holiday parties last night!!!! :rotfl:

Just popped in to keep up with the posts and to wish everyone a great weekend!!!

Yes the Holiday Cheer has started , we had a party last night to go to , and also tonight our neighbor is having one .

Things will probably slow down alot due to the Holidays , But I am sure things will be right back up there once Christmas Day has come and gone ..

less then 48 hours and counting till we leave for WDW :banana: :banana:

pirate:

Yes the Holiday Cheer has started , we had a party last night to go to , and also tonight our neighbor is having one .

Things will probably slow down alot due to the Holidays , But I am sure things will be right back up there once Christmas Day has come and gone ..

less then 48 hours and counting till we leave for WDW :banana: :banana:

pirate:

Lucky you, we were there this time last year, I am just trying to work up the energy for works xmas party, hard rock in edinburgh, wish i could be bothered!
spending time having a meal with folk I could happily throttle 90 % of the time is going to be a joy!

Yes they do. They also do high tea!

Hi, when was the last time you had high tea, we had it in oct and really,really did not enjoy it at all. Not what I thought high tea consisted off.
Obviously this is only our opinion,although the folks we took with us did think the same. Chunky rolls with wierd and wonderfull fillings that you can get elsewhere(cakes were the same,you could get them else where) on the ship was very dissapointing for us.

I didn't enjoy High Tea either! I found it was a bit too over the top for me and very disappointing. It didn't help they took my sisters plate off her while she was still eating! It happened so fast none of us knew what to say!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter