• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sept 17 2005 Magic - am i alone on the ship?

Thursday night DB, DSIL, DNana and I went to Palo's to celebrate my birthday dinner. We had a wonderful server at tea on Monday, Emmanuel, and requested to be at his table. He had the distinction of being the first Filipino server ever at Palo's. DCL had felt Palo should be "Italian" looking and brought him in on a trial basis for three weeks. He did so well they've since brought up two more servers from the Phillipines. He was always smiling and laughing - and knew exactly how to take care of us:

Nana and Rex were enjoying a healthy-sized filet. I looked over at Nana and she had stopped talking. Rex asked if she was okay - without uttering a sound, she pointed to her throat and mouthed the word "I'm choking". I jumped up to give her the Heimlich manuever. It didn't work. Emmanual ran over, said "I'm trained in this". He took over my place, wrapped his arms around my mother and pushed. Out came a nasty piece of beef. My mother immediately began taking breaths. The ultimate server, Emmanuel whipped out a little plate for her to dispose of the partly chewed meat. All of this took less than a minute. The manager came by to make sure everything was okay. He said people often end up with bruised ribs from the maneuver, but my Mother didn't feel a thing! Needless to say, my heart was beating rapidly for awhile - and my appetite was gone. Until the chocolate souffle, of course! :teeth:

I've never heard of servers receiving training for the Heimlich manuever. I give DCL and Emmnauel BIG points for having the training. What could have been the most awful thing possible ended up with a great, happy ending.

Sweet Sue

OMG........I am glad everything turned out the way it did!

Lola and I would like to know if Jen and her Candid Camera got the nasty piece of flying beef on film?

Frank

I think I am finally caught up with everything at home. My son has a little more school work to finish this weekend. He has grumbled about all the catching up but says it was well worth it. All he ever talks about is when we can do it again. We have been looking at dates but haven't decided yet. We did not book on board because the price was so much higher than what we paid. We enjoyed meeting everyone and finally putting a face to the names. I miss all the planning! It's almost like the after Christmas blues when you have to get back to reality!!-Donna :rolleyes:

I am so glad everyone (at least those who have posted already) made it home safe. The lice , the dirty laundry and other things we returned with that we did not leave with are signs of having a good time. I no I didn't get to meet everyone but those who I did meet I will never forget, no matter how brief it may have been. I just want you'll to know that I type more than I talk, so if I seemed quite or withdrawn it wasn't with any disrespect, it's just my nature. So for now I say good-bye to all as I go rest my aching back. I had to repair my roof while the weather was nice, ripped one up put another down,,oh the pain,,, the pain,,, and then to top that off I thought I would have jury duty Monday (Grand Jury,,every Monday) and miss one more day of work but I called only to hear the recording say we don't have to report Monday. At that point a tear feel from my eyes,,, well I would admit that there were more, but then i'd have to admit that I cried, and men don't cry :sad1:. 2007 will be Disney for me again because i'm booked on Carnival for 2006. Let me run my feet and stop running my mouth. Later all!!!

David

I read a few threads about weight gain,, I just wanted to inform all that this is the first cruise i've ever taken and my stomach went down two inches,,,,,"Bad news is it went down 2 inches towards my knees. 7p.m. and I say good nite all.

David.

Hello all!
We are having computer troubles so I haven't been able to post. So I'm gonna get this in before it goes kapoot again. Glad everyone got back alright and are getting back into real life again. Well, ok, we can do without the latter part.
Missy, don't worry. Wendy and I will be in the photos in swim suits and no make up doing the shots as well.
Sue- In regaurds to Nana, glad everything came out ok. :rotfl: Seriously, I am sure it was very scary. Thank God for Emmanual.

Have a good weekend everyone.

HI guys,

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I'm no longer getting the updates that there's a new post in a thread I'm subscribed to, so I need to figure that out.

Things here are good. I found one of those mints they leave on the bed in my bag today, so I popped it in my mouth and had a DCL moment. :cool1:

We are going back to WDW May 24-29 next year - our first trip at DVC members. We need to go or else lose points since we're planning a big trip in 2007 (can't hold over points from 2005 to 2007).

Not much else to say - glad to see most have checked in to say hi.

Welcome home Jen :) Sue, glad Nana was A-OK. Sea lice, be gone! :wizard:

Jen, Did you have any luck finding Trent's autograph book???

Congrat's Renee on the boy!!! :flower:

Thank goodness all is well with Nana, she is such a sweetie :goodvibes.

Hate to hear about the sea lice, been sick here seems like the whole family is coming down with it. :earseek:

Take Care all...sure do miss our magical trip :rolleyes:

I miss you guys!!!!!

I was able to catch up in less than 5 minutes... how sad... :sad: I remember the good ol days when it took 5 hours to catch up on 20 minutes worth of posts.... :(

We did rebook on board for Sept. 2006, but we only put down a deposit for 1 adult in each room to get the onboard credit for each room. I think we're bumping it from next year to 2007 though, when the dates come available... 2006 is too close for my pocketbook!! :rolleyes1

Sue, I'm glad your mom was ok! Kinda scary how fast things like that can happen!! HI..to Nana!!

Susan

I forgot I was going to add a note re: getting digital prints via the net.... I ordered several of my own prints through Wal-Mart.com but after I had already done this I discovered there are several sites out there that you get the first 10, 15, 25 even 50 prints for free if you use their site. There are also several cool places to make photo books online. I'm curently setting up a book at shutterfly.com for like $30 for a 8X10 size photo book (hard back) with different styles of layout... I'm sure all you computer savvy people already knew this, but for us Kansans who live in the dark ages it was a discovery!!! Off to have fun with making my photo book..

:moped:

Man it has been hectic here! Ayden (3) came down with a virus early last week. Luckily he tested negative for strep and no ear infections! THen Dylan (1) started getting sick the end of last week. I thought he was getting better until last night, so I took him to the doctor today. He has Bronchitis (how ever you spell it!) and an ear infection! DH also said his throat was hurting this morning and mom has been sick as well! I have only worked three days since we have been back from vacation! At lease I have not gotten sick...neither has Michael (15)...he can not be missing any more school...so I hope he stays well. Although I forgot that Michael got hit by the baseball in the ankle at his game Saturday and has been limping since! he is at school...limping! Never a dull moment in our household!

Hi All. Welcome Back. I had to search to find this thread. I don't like that. I am looking for it to be on top and it's not. :confused3

I finally finished doing laundry from the trip. We got back on Saturday and on Sunday after church DH drove 3 hrs north to buy a choc lab as a present to my son. He didn't get home until late Sunday and after all the excitement I finally made it to bed around midnight. I started laundry on Monday but it has taken me a week to finish.

Lisa I can u/s what you are saying about the illnesses. We all came down with some sort of virus. I am still fighting a sore throat and a sore/stiff neck. I haven't been to the dr. yet. DD and DS are also sick. DD has an ear infection, sore throat and a bad cough that hasn't gotten better. DS is also coughing and not really eating. Tracy's DH is also sick.

I am wondering if there was something going around on board the Magic.

I can't wait until Jen gets her pics uploaded to the website. We had a blast seeing everyone. We saw Jenny and her sister Friday night at Diversions. Everytime we past someone it seemed as if they were having a great time. I hope so. Sorry to those who got sea lice. I am guessing from Castaway Cay. We went snorkeling but DD ran from the water crying after a little while complaining of intense painful itching. She went back to ship with DH and Ds. I continued to snorkel with Tracy and noticed the itching as I got closer to shore. HHMM???

Well it is back to reality for me. I am getting ready to welcome DH parents next weekend. DD is very homesick for VA so I hope this visit doesn't set her back further. Tracy comes back in Nov and then my parents in Dec. I think this will keep her going for a little while. Christmas will be hard for all of us. Enough of that.

Well Hi and By to everyone. I hope you all keep posting but u/s if you can't. I know some of you have joined other threads as you have made new cruise plans. As for us we are going to wing it next year without the Magic. Maybe 2007 or 2008. We always have Orlando :earsboy: :earsgirl:

Take Care everyone

karen - KD

Hi I am very sick also and I can't shake it. I can't believe that we are on the same page for days now. Jen, where are you? I hope you are alright. Well, my nephews are here, I will came back later.

Lorra

DH had a fever for a couple of days last week. It is usually me who gets sick after vacation. Hope everyone feels better soon!

That is so weird that everyone got sick! I have not...I am the onlyone in our family who has not...keep your fingers crossed! I can't afford to get sick...I have to take care of everyone else!

I so want to start planning our next cruise! But dates are not available for 2007 yet. Anyone know when they open up? We are waiting until Dylan turns 3 before we cruise again...that way he can go in the Oceaneers Club with Ayden! He turns 3 in February of 2007. We may not wait until Fall this time...that would be Michael's senior year and I am not sure about takeing him our of school for a week again since he is having some trouble getting caught up now.

Gotta get some work done:)

I hope everyone who's sick starts feeling better soon!!

Has anyone heard from Karen (4kidsandadog) about how her foot is doing? I hope she's doing good.

Healthy vibes to all!!! :wizard: :wizard:

Hi y'all...

All is well here. I'm doing pretty good now that I have a cam walker on instead of the flat-soled boot. It is much easier to walk and I have less pain.

Brian is fighting some kind of cold, but is mostly just tired. Joel had a little tummy (intestinal) trouble the first day or so we were home, but he is all better. No one else got sick. I'd say we were due some luck in that department!!

We are talking about cruising again in 2007, especially if DCL does start up a new route (transAtlantic). Of course, we'll have to take whatever dates we can get, since we'll probably try for a cat. 2 again. With only 2 of those on the ship, it's not easy!

We're doing Disneyland for the first time ever right after Thanksgiving, and using our DVC points to stay at the Grand Californian. Hopefully my foot will be healed by then.

Hope everyone is having a good week!!

Karen

Hi everyone!!!

Lisa, it's really hard to say on the 2007 dates. It's already well known that there will be some sort of special itinerary like there was this summer. I think some of the dates will open up later this month or early November. But the dates and the itineraries for the special cruises this year were not released until May 2004, about a year in advance. So I figure it could be anytime between now and May 2006. Hopefully sooner than later, the suspense has been killing me. Well, later wouldn't hurt, got the 11 night to finish paying for and then you would have another deposit. Oh well, cross that bridge when we get there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter