• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sept 16 2012 - WONDERing who's on the Calif Coastal with me?!

For those of you that live in or around SF or SD, how far from where we dock to the nearest Disney Store? I live in Chatham On Canada and our nearest store is 2.5 hours unless I go to Michigan and then about 2 hours? Would be nice to see if possible

There are 2 Disney Stores in San Diego, one at Fashion Valley Mall (the closer one) and Las Americas Outlet mall near the Mexico border. Both are accessible by the trolley.

There used to be one at Horton Plaza in downtown, which is within walking distance of where we dock, but I don't see it on their listing.

Fashion Valley Mall: 7007 Friars Road
http://www.simon.com/mall/malldirectory.aspx?id=765
(Trolley: take the Blue line from American Plaza to Old Town. Transfer to the Green line and get off at Fashion Valley)

Las Americas 4321 Camino De La Plaza #252
http://www.premiumoutlets.com/outlets/store_listing.asp?id=76
(Trolley: take the Blue line from American Plaza to San Ysidro)

For those of you that live in or around SF or SD, how far from where we dock to the nearest Disney Store? I live in Chatham On Canada and our nearest store is 2.5 hours unless I go to Michigan and then about 2 hours? Would be nice to see if possible

Of course the BIG Disney Store is in Downtown Disney at the Disneyland Resort!!! Our Disney Store is quite small compared to it ;)

DLR question for the local pass holders and regulars. Do you think DLR would be less crowded on the Sunday of Labor Day weekend or the following Sunday? Since all the passes except Deluxe are blocked and most schools are back in session and with the cars land as a new attraction, I am thinking it might not be bad. The following Sunday (9th), all passes are good and after being blocked most of the summer I would think the pass goers are ready to go. Thoughts?

I may be to late to respond but this weekend (tomorrow) will be pretty crowded. There's a disney marathon there and labor day weekend so everything is pretty booked up. Next weekend would probably be better. Pretty much all the schools should be back in by then as well!

I may be to late to respond but this weekend (tomorrow) will be pretty crowded. There's a disney marathon there and labor day weekend so everything is pretty booked up. Next weekend would probably be better. Pretty much all the schools should be back in by then as well!

Thanks to everyone who gave me input. Wow, did not know about the marathon. We had decided to try it tomorrow (just easier to have someone to watch the kids). But yikes, not sure now :(

We plan to do one of the 2-day hop-on-hop-off double decker bus tours in SF (there are a few to pick from including the one on the Wharf Pass). At least one compnay has a Union Square stop that looks to be within a block or two of the Disney Store.

We plan to do one of the 2-day hop-on-hop-off double decker bus tours in SF (there are a few to pick from including the one on the Wharf Pass). At least one compnay has a Union Square stop that looks to be within a block or two of the Disney Store.

Do you know how the hop on hop off bus goes with little kids? We have a 3 yr old and a 1 yr old

Do you know how the hop on hop off bus goes with little kids? We have a 3 yr old and a 1 yr old

If you mean how do they charge for little ones, here's what I found...

It looks like kid under 5 are FREE on the Blue and Gold Fleet for both bay crusies and land options. We're looking at doing the 2-day double decker (Adults $24) or the combo with the bay cruise (Adults $38 for the combo).

The Wharf Pass also looks like kids under 5 are FREE. I see a note that kids 3-4 need to pay admission at the Aquarium (that reinforces my assumption that they are free otherwise)

Keep in mind I'm using their websites and online info is not always complete. It might be worth a quick call or email before buying tickets online.

Lise

Hi I am jumping over from our Sept 23 Cruise Meet. Many of us our anxiously awaiting our room assignments, so we will be curious to see when you all get yours:hourglass

gunka said:
Hi I am jumping over from our Sept 23 Cruise Meet. Many of us our anxiously awaiting our room assignments, so we will be curious to see when you all get yours:hourglass

We booked a VGT. 14 days out and nothing yet. =)

We booked a VGT. 14 days out and nothing yet. =)

Same here. From what I've read on the forum of when others were assigned, I'm hoping that we will get it this week. The shortest I saw was 6 days out. Quite a few were around the 12 day mark.

Same here. From what I've read on the forum of when others were assigned, I'm hoping that we will get it this week. The shortest I saw was 6 days out. Quite a few were around the 12 day mark.

Yup! I'm hoping to get it on Tuesday but won't be surprised if it's later...so excited!

This will probably be my last post until I am in LA :) :) :) :) :) See you all on board if I dont/cant get on here from LA LA Land :)

WHOOP WHOOP!
Dx

dennes said:
This will probably be my last post until I am in LA :) :) :) :) :) See you all on board if I dont/cant get on here from LA LA Land :)

WHOOP WHOOP!
Dx

Safe travels Deb! Enjoy your family reunion and vacation! See you on the ship in 2 weeks! Woohoo!

We are working on finishing up our FE's for the cruise and cant wait to meet up with everyone. My DS is curious if there are any boys around his age in this group. He's 12.

Can anyone tell me how to get the countdown ticker?

Just checked and got my VGT assigned! I guess it could still change, but I'm so excited! Now I just need to figure out where it is... =)

ladgen3 said:
We are working on finishing up our FE's for the cruise and cant wait to meet up with everyone. My DS is curious if there are any boys around his age in this group. He's 12.

Can anyone tell me how to get the countdown ticker?

My son is 10 (will be 11 in a few weeks)

Does anyone know if there is a specific "name" for the cruise we are on? It's for a scrapbook thing Im making as well as for the FE's.
Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter