Sept 16 2012 - WONDERing who's on the Calif Coastal with me?!

Hi all. We finally booked this cruise today after struggling with everyone's schedule. I am so happy to be able to do the Pixer cruise. FYI, all the IGT rooms are gone so we have to do the OGT.

Our party consists of myself (Chun 45), DS Nathan (10), my dad Jim, my sisters Irene and Catherine, and Nephew Johnny. Son and I are veteran cruisers and have been on all 4 ships while the rest are 1st-timers. This will be our mini-tiny family reunion cruise ;).

We have done FE on all past cruises but given the time frame guess its too late to join. But we still like to join the cruise meet and meet everyone if possible. We had met new friends on the ship in the past and they definitely enhanced the cruise experience. Looks like this will be a great crowd and I can't wait to meet you all.

Doing the happy dance:)

Hi all. We finally booked this cruise today after struggling with everyone's schedule. I am so happy to be able to do the Pixer cruise. FYI, all the IGT rooms are gone so we have to do the OGT.

Our party consists of myself (Chun 45), DS Nathan (10), my dad Jim, my sisters Irene and Catherine, and Nephew Johnny. Son and I are veteran cruisers and have been on all 4 ships while the rest are 1st-timers. This will be our mini-tiny family reunion cruise ;).

We have done FE on all past cruises but given the time frame guess its too late to join. But we still like to join the cruise meet and meet everyone if possible. We had met new friends on the ship in the past and they definitely enhanced the cruise experience. Looks like this will be a great crowd and I can't wait to meet you all.

Doing the happy dance:)

Welcome to the group! If your own time restricts you from doing the FE that's understandable but they do have a late joiners list still open.

Thanks for the welcome Samatha! Nice to know about the late joiner FE list. Will have to sort through the thread to see how to join.

Congrat on your marriage and nursing school progress. Did you know you can make a cruise souvenir by turning in a pillowcase or shirt to customer service right after boarding? They can have all the characters signed and return it to you by end of cruise. At least that's what disney did before. I am hoping this time it will be all Pixer charters.

Thanks for the welcome Samatha! Nice to know about the late joiner FE list. Will have to sort through the thread to see how to join.

Congrat on your marriage and nursing school progress. Did you know you can make a cruise souvenir by turning in a pillowcase or shirt to customer service right after boarding? They can have all the characters signed and return it to you by end of cruise. At least that's what disney did before. I am hoping this time it will be all Pixer charters.

PM CruiseTink to get on the list. I was thinking about doing the tee shirt thing. I was also thinking when I got home I would very carefully trace the character's signatures in fabric paint so it won't fade with washes like the sharpies.
If you're on facebook here's the link to join our group:
http://www.facebook.com/groups/330163653735912/

FE and Meet-up Updates!

FEs - If you are just now booking the cruise we have a second FE list open! Please PM me and I'll get all the information to you. The second list will be open until about a week before sailing

DIS Meet-Ups!
Embarkation Meet-up for DIS Board members will be 3pm on Embarkation Day in the Promenade Lounge (Deck 3)! Everyone is welcome!!

Pub Crawl - Day 2 (First At Sea Day) - Meet in Diversions (Deck 3) at 10pm and we'll work our way around the ship!!

Cabin Crawl - Day 5 (Second at Sea Day) - Meet in the Lobby Atrium (Deck 3) at 2:30pm - we will give each other a tour of our cabins to see what options are available on the ship.

Just about a month away!! pluto:
Susan

Just pm cruisetink. Thanks for the help. Trying to join the Facebook group now. I have 2 FB groups from past Disney cruise and we are still posting actively. This will mark the third one. :).

I had no idea this was available. HI ALL!!! First time Disney Cruiser and can't wait. 1 month!!! Family of 4, myself, hubby, 2 sons age 3 and 2. We are CA residents and are so thrilled to be avoiding airfare this trip and getting on a Disney boat. I've been doing a lot of research on what to bring, what to plan for and just stumbled across this group. HI!!! Can't wait to relax with all of you in Mickey's paradise.

I can't PM since I am new. 1st time Disney cruiser and looking for information on how to get involved in any and all fun activities for my family. Two boys ages 3 and 2 along with my husband and myself. Thanks to anyone that can message me on what to bring and do to get involved with this FE thing.

DominFam4- we'll be late, our board time is not til 3 :(. But we should definitely introduce Dahlia and Ava, Dahlia is in preschool too, so should be okay. I worry about her having an accident though, since she gets distracted and forgets about using the toilet. Is Ava totally trained?

Trudduck- glad to see more toddlers on board! We're going to have a blast! Maybe we should schedule a parents of toddlers meet up for the kiddos and the adults can go to one of the bars!

Hey there,
I am sure we can find a time to meet. If you don't get on board until 3, hmmm... not sure what time your dinner is, we are early. Maybe in the morning? It will be interesting to see how she does at night. We have been struggling BIG time with naps (meaning, she won't take them) and at home is crashing out by 7:00. I am hoping with such fun, active days she will be taking a nap so we can enjoy dinner and hopefully some of the shows after. Love your idea of the adults going to the bar for a drink while the kiddos are at camp. I saw a mention of a pub crawl but that's at 10 pm, I seriously doubt we'll make that :( We also have our 15 mo old in tow. Yes, Ava is potty trained. Occasional accidents but usually more because we aren't paying attention but otherwise she is good.

If anyone else is flying Southwest, like we are, they are having a sale and the price for our flight to LAX went down by $71 per person. Since you can rebook your flight with no fees, I just saved us $250 on our trip!! :yay:

It would have been more, but the return flight went up slightly - although a flight that was just 1-2 hours more travel time would have saved me another $70, I wanted to get home earlier since I will be traveling alone with the kids.

Of course, I don't get it back in cash, just credit on a future flight within the next year, but still...

Anyway, just wanted to let everyone know in case they are also traveling Southwest. Check to see what the difference in cost would be first, of course. Then you just have to go and click on "change flight" but insted of changing you just book the same flight over again at the new rate.

Gidday
Welcome to all the new cruisers. This is our first cruise too and my kids trip of a lifetime to DLR.

Its been a hectic old work week this week. Am really looking forward to a break from the humdrum.

The first part of our family head off tomorrow for their trip to LA - we are next up on the fourth and then the in laws head on over. Lastly we are met by brother in law and his partner. Really looking forward to family catch up in LA before getting on the 'boat

Koby took a cardboard model of the ship to school today. He is uber excited :-) 19 sleeps till we leave :-)

Just chillng after work - yay for Friday nights! We have soccer in the morning and then the weekend to chill - very exciting to be getting closer and closer to the holiday!

PM CruiseTink to get on the list. I was thinking about doing the tee shirt thing. I was also thinking when I got home I would very carefully trace the character's signatures in fabric paint so it won't fade with washes like the sharpies.
If you're on facebook here's the link to join our group:
http://www.facebook.com/groups/330163653735912/

Wow, I don't know how I missed the FB group - just sent a request to joing :cool1:!

FE and Meet-up Updates!

FEs - If you are just now booking the cruise we have a second FE list open! Please PM me and I'll get all the information to you. The second list will be open until about a week before sailing

DIS Meet-Ups!
Embarkation Meet-up for DIS Board members will be 3pm on Embarkation Day in the Promenade Lounge (Deck 3)! Everyone is welcome!!

Pub Crawl - Day 2 (First At Sea Day) - Meet in Diversions (Deck 3) at 10pm and we'll work our way around the ship!!

Cabin Crawl - Day 5 (Second at Sea Day) - Meet in the Lobby Atrium (Deck 3) at 2:30pm - we will give each other a tour of our cabins to see what options are available on the ship.

Just about a month away!! pluto:
Susan

Hello,
I would love to be part of this second FE list. I am traveling with son age 7 and his best friend age 7. Please add me if you can and let me know how they can be a part of it.
Thanks!
Jill neska1212

Hi all,
My son and I love cruising but this is our first Disney cruise so we are learning a lot from the boards.

I was just curious how many of you are homeschoolers on this cruise? Maybe we could do a meet up?:wave2:

Jill neska1212

I'm glad you asked - I'm curious what others are doing, especially those with kids. I'm not in love with any of the DCL excursions.

In SF I am thinking we might just want to get a trolley/muni pass and see the pier district, maybe get over to Lombard street and the painted ladies (keep in mind, I don't know if I can do this with a trolley muni pass, so I need to research it). And then maybe do Alcatraz that same day or the next day - I know we have to buy those tix in advance, so I have to decide soon.

If we do Alcatraz in one day, then the other day I may rent a car and go to Muir woods. I'm thinking renting a car would be a lot easier and cheaper than doing the tour, and more importantly, we would have a lot of flexibility.

I really have to do a lot of research about how easy it is to use the transportation, renting a car and driving on my own, etc. I am hampered because my mother has mobility issues and can't walk more than about a block comfortably, even using her cane or walker. She would not do alcatraz with us, it would be just me and my 2 DSs, 5 and 8.

San Diego - I'm leaning towards the zoo.

Ensenada - considering staying on the boat as none of the excursions really look kid friendly and going into town requires walking, which my mom can't do, and I wouldn't feel comfortable doing with 2 kids on my own.

Just a thought...

We are going to take the bus to the exploratorium science museum. It is highly rated on trip advisor. According to the bus website it should take about 45 minutes to get there on the MUNI bus or about $15 and 20 minutes in a cab. My son has done science museums in many countries and always the highlight for him so I'm hoping for a good experience this time too.

Jill neska1212

So this is my official 10th post so I can post a link. Please see next post for SF info that may be of interest to some.

Someone else posted that they are doing this also. I am considering it since my 8 yr old loves science museums. It really depends on if we do Muir Woods or Alcatraz or neither. Either one is going to take the better part of a day.

Just a thought...

We are going to take the bus to the exploratorium science museum. It is highly rated on trip advisor. According to the bus website it should take about 45 minutes to get there on the MUNI bus or about $15 and 20 minutes in a cab. My son has done science museums in many countries and always the highlight for him so I'm hoping for a good experience this time too.

Jill neska1212

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter