Sept 16, 2010, Disney Wonder Bahama Cruise

mamamicky

Earning My Ears
Am I starting this right? If so, welcome! This will be our first Disney cruise. I will be going with my immediate family and my mother, stepfather and his step-granddaughter (from another marriage - that we have never met).

I was told to get on here and find others going on the cruise the same time as us.

What are you doing to plan?

I have purchased the passporter cruise guide. So excited! I love to plan trips. I have another book coming too.

We also might be taking another trip to Disney in December with the other side of the family during a conference for my stepmom! Whoo hoo!!!!

Looking forward to getting to know other cruisers!

Blessings,
Micky

mamamicky,

I have added your thread to the 2010 Wonder cruise meet list

Looking forward to getting to know other cruisers!

Hello there... we were just on the Jan 21-24th Wonder 3-nt, and booked this September cruise onboard. The 10% discount wasn't much, but every little bit helps. We booked a Cat 11 and are keeping our fingers crossed for that pixie dust upgrade to a Cat 9 or even a Cat 7.

This will be our 2nd DCL cruise in September, and our 6th DCL cruise overall. We used to go every January (for my DW's birthday), but after we tried September once (Sept 2009) - we decided that we won't go in January anymore (after our Jan 2010 cruise, of course, which we already had booked). The water is soooo much warmer in September, you can spend hours in the ocean without feeling chilly.

If anyone is interested in doing a kids-only Fish Extender (FE) list, we're "in".

Happy cruising!

hi everyone. i'm mike, 29, we will be going with DW 26 , my dad and step mother. it's my 4th DCL my wife's 7th? DCL and my parents 1st....

Hi, I will be onboard with my wife, this will be our second Wonder cruise, we had to cancel our 2008 cruise when my wife was laid off.

Hi everyone, I will be cruising with my husband and our 4 children. My husband and I will be celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary. This will be our first Disney Cruise. I am too excited!!!:cheer2:

Hi all. I will also be on this cruise with my DW, DD 4 and DS 6. This will be our 9th cruise. We would love to do a kid's only FE exchange. The kids love it and doesn't have to be anything too extravagant.

Just so everyone knows, there is the possibility of a shuttle launch on Sept 16th at 11:57am. It is a long way off and things can always change, but there is a chance to see a shuttle launch from the port.:yay:

do you know if you can see it from the disney cruise terminal?

At this moment the launch time is at 11:57am. They tyically start getting you one between 11:30 and Noon, so if you are on the ship by this time (typically we are in the 2nd group) you should be able to have a great veiw from Deck 9 aft, or Deck 4 Port side. I don't think they will let you through to the secret area (Deck 7 Aft), as they will still be cleaning the rooms. If you are not on board, and it does take off at the scheduled time, you should be able to see it through the windows at the terminal, behind the check-in desks.

Hi all. I will also be on this cruise with my DW, DD 4 and DS 6. This will be our 9th cruise. We would love to do a kid's only FE exchange. The kids love it and doesn't have to be anything too extravagant.

OK, I guess I'll start the FE list.

For the newbies, a "Fish Extender" is like a Christmas stocking, that you hang ("extend") from the metal fish ornament outside your cabin door. People will sneak by your cabin and deposit little gifts and trinkets. It is usually done anonymously, but some people like to share personal info, or even meet up during the day. It's super-fun for kids -- they love coming back to the cabin to find candy/toys waiting for them. The fun for the moms (and sometimes a dad) is making a personalized Fish Extender that shows off your creativity and Disney spirit. For some pictures and more info, there is a good FE thread here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1219607

If you're on the Sept 16th 2010 cruise, and want to participate in a FE exchange, please PM (private message) me with your info. (DH, DW, DS/DD, room #, etc). I will keep a list, and make sure everyone gets the most recent updates/additions. Most of us won't get our room #'s until 2-3 weeks before the cruise, so don't worry if you don't have your room # yet. Our preference is to just keep it "kids only", but if you want to get gifts for the adults too, no one will complain :)

Sept 16th is quickly approaching! Anyone getting excited yet? :banana:

I'm so excited...this is our first disney cruise. We live in Central Florida and are HUGE disney fans...annual passholders for years. We've been putting off a disney cruise because we're a family of five -- me, DH, dd8, twin ds and dd, 4. This year, we decided to go for it.
The funny thing is that my sister decided she wanted to go too when she heard we're going! So we have two adjoining cabins for the six of us!!!
Can't wait to get to know everyone!

I'm so excited...this is our first disney cruise. We live in Central Florida and are HUGE disney fans...annual passholders for years.

you will LOVE cruising on Disney. We live in Melbourne and go play at Disney World pretty frequently (once every 4-6 weeks or so). We went on our first cruise in Jan 2007, and we can't get enough. We even re-arranged our "Disney budget"... we spend less on Disney hotels/parks now, so we can save up for at least one cruise every year - that's how much we love it!

We will be cruising with our children and grandchildren in Sept. We are sooo excited! My husband and I have been on cruises before but this is our first on the Disney Cruise line! This is the very FIRST cruisE for our two sons, daughter-in-laws and 4 grandchildren!

I would appreciate any helpful hints you could give us as we prepare to pack, plan and try not to break the bank!! :cloud9:

I would like to be on the FE List :) I'm pretty new and this and couldn't figure out how to PM you the info. We have 3 rooms, 10 adults, 4 kids and sooo excited I can hardly sleep!!

I would like to be on the FE List :) I'm pretty new and this and couldn't figure out how to PM you the info. We have 3 rooms, 10 adults, 4 kids and sooo excited I can hardly sleep!!

To send a private message (PM), just click on my ID... a menu should pop up, then select "Send a Private message". You will be the first names on the list (besides ours), I hope we can get more than 2 families signed up.

We would like to be added to the FE list. We are in room 5006. It will be myself, my DW, DS(6), and DD(4).

We would like to be added to the FE list. We are in room 5006. It will be myself, my DW, DS(6), and DD(4).

Hi there, FL Dad... so far the FE list is just your family and ours.

We are DH, DW and DS(8). The Disney site says we're in room 2050, but we have our fingers crossed for a pixie dust upgrade.

PS: Do you really have 4 cruises booked, right now? Wow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter