Sept. 11, 2011 It's never too early to Dream

I was also going to say there's usually gorgeous weather following a hurricane because the hurricane sort of vacuums up all the bad weather while it's moving through. I'm hoping we luck out.

Don't look now, but there's another depression off Africa. Aaah the joys of travel during hurricane season.

Looks like the Bahamas will get a direct hit. Might be a very different Castaway Cay when we arrive, much more "authentic." ;)

I'm also hoping mother nature gets everything out of her system before our cruise. Having never been on a cruise my mother is already nervous enough about seasickness. We had to skirt the edges of a tropical storm on our last DCL cruise and it was quite a ride (the pools were like wave pools, we had 25ft seas on our last night and we had to miss Castway Cay) but I don't think my mom would get a kick out of it.

JustTJ - I actually have an old fashioned paperback copy of "The Help". If you're having trouble finding it I could always bring it on board and leave it at your stateroom. I'm actually hoping they'll be showing the movie during our sailing.

The word is they ARE playing that movie during our cruise! :yay: I'll let you know about borrowing the book and thank you very much for offering. My friend here has the book, so I thought of asking her to borrow it. I discovered why I can't get the novel version for Kindle, it's not available in Canada!! Go figure. How do e book purchases work anyway. Can you only do that online? Or can you walk into a store like Chapters in the U.S. and purchase e books for kindle? Bummer, I was really looking forward to stealing my DH's Kindle from him for the trip :)

I'm glad to hear they are showing the Help. I read the book and it is really good. Thinking positive thoughts for great weather for our cruise.:cool1::cheer2::tinker:

I saw some coverage of Nassau, scary! They are now calling for it to us (near VA Beach) harder than expected.

Group Palo Brunch. I know some of us chatted about this previously. I just got off the phone with my TA's office to find out how to go about it. I have to fax DCL the request along with the following info: Each persons First and last name, and reservation numbers along with the usual, our sail date contact ect... There are no guarantees, but Disney will get back to me BEFORE we cruise:) The room seats a maximum of 14 people, So far we have 10. (myself, Sheri , Tina and her DH, , David and his DW, Kelley and her DH, Elizabeth and Bonnie). David can you pm me your res. info(I found Tina's but deleted yours), and anyone else interested let me know and email or message me your res. info ASAP. I would like to get this request in this evening or first thing in the morning. :)

I actually organized the group Palo brunch on our last cruise. The brunch was awesome and the private room was really nice. We'd love to try it again if there's room. I realize there are probably other, active members of this thread who might also be interested and they should definitely take priority. However, in the event that you still have room I'm going to PM you our names and reservation numbers.

Thanks for the replies. I have all our spots now, and we are over the numbers, but we'll first see if we can get the room, then we'll sort out the rest. :)

oh boy 2 weeks from tonight i will be all packed and ready to go! We are leaving at 7 am to fly to Orlando! Am really excited...been along count down!! Looking to see how Irene is going to visit us....so far it looks like 4-6 inches of rain with 50 mile winds.....we shall see!

I did a lot of housecleaning yesterday, getting the place ready for when I leave in TWO weeks! I know my DH won't do much while I"m away, and for some reason I LOVE coming home to a clean house after a vacation :), Makes me feel like the relaxation of my vacation can continue for a bit after I get home :)
Anyway, I have an airport question for anyone who might know the answser. Our flight leaves at 6:40 a.m. 2 weeks from today! As we are flying into the U.S. It would be considered an International flight and for that the requirement is that you arrive at the airport 2 HOURS before your flight time. BUT we first fly from Ottawa Canada to Montreal Canada, THEN from Montreal to Orlando. So would I still NEED to be at the airport at 4:20 a.m.? Will I be clearing customs at the first leg or the 2nd. I'm not too sure about having to wake Tim (or myself for that matter) up at 3 a.m. but will if we absolutely have to. I haven't flown since 2006 and all the rules have changed since then. Thanks for any ideas :)

I believe, your second leg would be the international flight but since that's a connection you don't really have to worry about when you'll be arriving at that airport though every time I've flown into the US we've had to go through extra security and were in asecured gate. Not sure if it would be the same from canada though. That was coming from Europe.

I always feel those airport arrival times are more dependant on the actual airport than the type of flight. For instance, we normally fly out of Newark airport which is a really busy NYC area airport. There we always leave the 2 or 3 hours before our flight. FOr our upcoming trip we're flying out of Atlantic City which has all of 8 gates. They don't get the same kinds of crowds so we'l probably only leaveourselves 1.5 hours or something.

I believe, your second leg would be the international flight but since that's a connection you don't really have to worry about when you'll be arriving at that airport though every time I've flown into the US we've had to go through extra security and were in asecured gate. Not sure if it would be the same from canada though. That was coming from Europe.

I always feel those airport arrival times are more dependant on the actual airport than the type of flight. For instance, we normally fly out of Newark airport which is a really busy NYC area airport. There we always leave the 2 or 3 hours before our flight. FOr our upcoming trip we're flying out of Atlantic City which has all of 8 gates. They don't get the same kinds of crowds so we'l probably only leaveourselves 1.5 hours or something.

Thanks for the insight. Shelli too gave me some advice, having worked in such a place before. I also checked the Air Canada website and finaly found THEIR info on it. Although according to it's site, I can check in up to 90 minutes prior to flight, the 90 is the DEADLINE for checking luggage. I cannot check luggage AFTER 90 minutes. So thats only 1/2 hour less, and as I don't want to get there right at the 90 minute mark, I may as well be there at least 30 min's prior to that deadline, which means two hours prior to my flight. So I'll just plan on sleeping on the plane between Montreal and Orlando. I just realized I have a 2 hour layover in Montreal :scared1: Man, I'm going to be exhausted once we get to Orlando!! I wonder if the airline will allow me to be in the priority boarding too like they did in the past for families with children. Guess I'll find out WHEN I get there!
DS just got up and looked at the Calendar, counting 10 days till he starts school and more importantly 14 days till "WE FLY TO ORLANDO"!!! He's showing more and more excitement now as we are getting closer and closer :thumbsup2

In New Jersey waiting for irene to hit. The good news is it's providing a good opportunity (at least until we lose power) to do catch up laundry. I agree with a previous poster about coming home to a clean house. I's definitely a way better way to re-entry the real world. :-)

In New Jersey waiting for irene to hit. The good news is it's providing a good opportunity (at least until we lose power) to do catch up laundry. I agree with a previous poster about coming home to a clean house. I's definitely a way better way to re-entry the real world. :-)

We are in the middle of it now and still have power. I know that a lot of my other friends in the area don't. But I was up until midnight last night getting everything done.

Hope everyone on the East coast stays safe! On another note does anyone know how to do graphics on a Mac. We are trying to make mickey heads with our kids names on them but we can't figure out how to change the colors or anything. I know how to do it on Windows but I can't figure it out on here?:confused3 Do I need a special program or something?:confused3 What do you use Judy? Thanks in advance for any help.:goodvibes

Stay safe everyone! 2 more weeks!

Hope everyone on the East coast stays safe! On another note does anyone know how to do graphics on a Mac. We are trying to make mickey heads with our kids names on them but we can't figure out how to change the colors or anything. I know how to do it on Windows but I can't figure it out on here?:confused3 Do I need a special program or something?:confused3 What do you use Judy? Thanks in advance for any help.:goodvibes

Stay safe everyone! 2 more weeks!

Sorry Shannon, I don't use a Mac so can't help you there. But the graphics programs I use are Photo Explosion Deluxe and Photoshop Elements 9. I don't know the 1st one will work on a Mac but they do have free trial downloads of that program. I find it simplist, not as complicated as Photoshop. Check it out! If I can help you by making anything for you and emailing you the graphic just let me know! More than happy to :)

I know it's late in the game but we will be cruising as well! It will be myself and my husband's second cruise and our daughters (10, 10) first. DH and I were on the Magic in September of 2000 on a 7 night Caribbean cruise and I was newly pregnant with the girls. We hadn't purchased trip insurance (big mistake) and I was so sick the entire time (it's funny how morning sickness lasts 24/7)...it wasn't a trip I remember fondly. :) I know this time will be so much fun, I can't wait!

I'm a big Disney fan, practically grew up in Disneyland growing up in Southern California. We now live in New England so I haven't been back as much as I want to but since moving out here, have now been able to experience WDW a couple of times! And now the cruise! We are really looking forward to it. Maybe we'll see everyone on the ship!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter