• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*Sept 10th 2011 WB Transatlantic* - From Spain to Space Mountain - Part 6

I could give it to the room steward, but I thought it would be fun to hide it for the kids to find, and then see their names on it and know it was left there just for them...

You could explain to the room steward that you want to hide it, and let him/her find a place for you. Maybe under the pillow - like the tooth fairy?

I am a fan of cheese fondue and think their classic Swiss one with Emmenthaler & Swiss is the best thing on their menu.

We thoroughly enjoyed it Margaret, we went for our daughters birthday.

I agree with Lynne - we like the Melting Pot.

Melting Pot is yummy, but just make sure you like cheese and chocolate!
I grew up in the 70's with fondue all the rage in the US and this is much better than I remember as a child :thumbsup2

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 THANK YOU EVERYONE for your comments about the melting pot, I am really looking forward to it for my birthday now. When I started to look for somewhere to eat for my birthday in Myrtle beach, this place just seemed different and I am so glad you have confirmed this :thumbsup2 lol and it does rather reminds me of my younger days, I think the fondue pot is still up in the loft !!!

Perhaps you can find a nice dress. :rolleyes1

From what I recall Margaret is really short on dresses :rotfl2:

:rotfl2::rotfl2: And yes I did find a nice dress and a few other bits, I enjoyed walking around the village, once with DH and DD, and later with a group of friends. The village was one large garage sale, it's a shame it rained after lunch... but it did give us an excuse to have bacon rolls and nice hot tea. So a very nice day..... but I don't think I will be bringing the dress along, I still have to fit in the two I got yesterday:rotfl2:

PACKING DAY!!!!!!!!!! I packed a few things last night - some toiletries, underwear :eek: and socks, but today is the big day. Wish me luck!!!
Hope it went well......PACKING/ or RE- PACKING in my case...WE WILL NOT LET IT BEAT US:rotfl2:

i should have started my packing today but still havent got round to it.....
procrastination is a wonderful thing :)

Karen get packing !!!!!!!!!

Sending Laura pixie dust! pixiedust:

Laura I hope it happens for you soon, sending pixe dust :wizard::wizard:

margaret

Nah, I decided I couldn't be bothered packing after dinner, so looks like I'm back to my usual plan of packing the day before I fly out.

So we are packed kinda..... of my 23kg hold luggage 17kg are clothes and the other 5 are Spirit Mini's. Waiting for clothes t dry to pack my carry on... Need to buy some toileties in gibraltar or on the ship. Mouthwash and shaving cream were the casualties to keep the boos :scared1:

We are already paying for a third bag on the way out so we can take our suits..... Decided on 2 suits each and will have to re wear at least once. May have to do some laundry:laundy: on board as well.:rolleyes1

Dan:banana::cool1::yay::woohoo:

Gary said you don't need the mouthwash, just use the vodka!

And 5kg of spirit minis? I tip my hat to you :rotfl:

Sending loads of Pixie Dust to those waiting for flights - hope you're on your way soon.

I've done our packing, we've bought extra weight as we are very near our limit when I weighed our cases and our scales are always out. That's without any booze!

A member of our thread, Laura, who is trying to get on stand by has said things are not looking good. Only maybe for Wednesday or Thursday. Still in Atlanta and been there since Tuesday. She is requesting pixie dust so let's all pray she gets to Barcelona as she is beginning to think they won't make the cruise.

Sending bucketlaods of pixie dust to Laura ... it must be an absolute nightmare doing that standby thing .. I really hope she ( and everyone else doing the stanby flights ) gets to Barcelona on time. Everything crossed for you guys !

Sarah,

I'm sorry that I never got to meet Taryn. I did stop by the Studios, but she wasn't working. Everyone there seemed to like her a lot when I asked if she was around, so I hope she was well treated.

I am having a hard time deciding what clothes stay home--14 days is a lot of planning. I'm sure I have too much, as usual, but I always think "Hmmm, I'm sure I need that." I hope I don't regret leaving pirate gear at home, but we've decided just to wear pirate tees. Kevin arrives late tomorrow from California, so he'll probably be packed and ready in a flash. He is a much more experienced traveler than I am.

Looking forward to seeing everyone in person,
Karen

A member of our thread, Laura, who is trying to get on stand by has said things are not looking good. Only maybe for Wednesday or Thursday. Still in Atlanta and been there since Tuesday. She is requesting pixie dust so let's all pray she gets to Barcelona as she is beginning to think they won't make the cruise.

Yes I heard on the Facebook thread. It is terrible that she thinks she may miss the boat! I hope & pray it all works out for her and the other folks flying on standby.

I am happy to say we are together again. It arrived in London on Saturday while I was in Bath and got delivered to our hotel outside London. When I got to the room, it was promptly delivered to me.

So glad to see my own stuff.

PS: neat hotel. My niece is soaking in the tub, watching BBC. Giant room, too. I'm fortunate to have had nice accommodations in England.

Which hotel are you in? Its always good to have a list of recommended places here and there.

Hope it went well......PACKING/ or RE- PACKING in my case...WE WILL NOT LET IT BEAT US:rotfl2:

margaret

Yep, well I have all of my clothes chosen and packed into the cubes, shoes chosen and 1/2 of my toiletries packed. I've also packed the dog food (for my dog's boarding) and labeled the treat bags (he gets treats every day spoiled doggie!)

Funny thing, I'm not feeling 100% today. I woke up w/ a sore throat and assumed it was allergies but I feel tired - like that sick kind of tired. I had something like this for 24 hours back in May so I'm hoping its the same & tomorrow I will wake up feeling fabulous. :goodvibes

Tonight I will pack jewelry and loading the desired mp3's and digital books onto my ipod & kindle. :thumbsup2

All of you from outside the US - please send plenty of :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: to those of us here in the states.

Many of us will be dealing with one or more tropical storms/hurricanes this week as we try to make our way to Barcelona.

One hit the gulf coast today but it seems to be having little effect on air travel - just a lot of rain.

A bigger one is approaching the east coast now but it is expected to turn back out to sea - however when and where is up in the air currently, so some of the winds could effect travel later this week when we're all trying to get out.

Checking in haven't been on for awhile. Well we got packed and realize we need to take another carry on for just clothes. Normally we only take one with all the electronics in it. Next will be getting our little guys ready for their stays at the kennel. Hope everyone has a safe travel if I don't say it later. Can't wait to met all of you..:yay::yay::yay:

So glad to see my own stuff.

PS: neat hotel. My niece is soaking in the tub, watching BBC. Giant room, too. I'm fortunate to have had nice accommodations in England.

Happy to hear you have your things, and are already relaxing and enjoying your time!!

Okay, I have officially started a bucket list! :cloud9:

Good idea. The pics really made me want to go there in person.

:thumbsup2 lol and it does rather reminds me of my younger days, I think the fondue pot is still up in the loft !!!

:rotfl2::rotfl2:
And yes I did find a nice dress and a few other bits, I enjoyed walking around the village, once with DH and DD, and later with a group of friends. The village was one large garage sale, it's a shame it rained after lunch... but it did give us an excuse to have bacon rolls and nice hot tea. So a very nice day..... but I don't think I will be bringing the dress along, I still have to fit in the two I got yesterday:rotfl2:

Funny I wonder how many of us have fondue pots somewhere in the house or garage? Sounds wonderful. . . a stroll, shopping, bacon rolls and hot tea. . . I imagine you are having a relaxing time.

Nah, I decided I couldn't be bothered packing after dinner, so looks like I'm back to my usual plan of packing the day before I fly out.

Just reading this made me nervous :scared1:

So we are packed kinda..... of my 23kg hold luggage 17kg are clothes and the other 5 are Spirit Mini's. Waiting for clothes t dry to pack my carry on... Need to buy some toileties in gibraltar or on the ship. Mouthwash and shaving cream were the casualties to keep the boos :scared1:

I forgot my booze!! yikes, off to repack. . .

Sending loads of Pixie Dust to those waiting for flights - hope you're on your way soon.

I've done our packing, we've bought extra weight as we are very near our limit when I weighed our cases and our scales are always out. That's without any booze!

Again, a reminder to PACK THE BOOZE!

[/QUOTE]

Unbelievably, we are packed in just ONE case each (45 lbs each) to check, and one carry-on each for under the seat. I am mighty afraid I have missed something, as I thought we'd need 2 bags each to check.

Once case here but a little over 50 lbs. Taking a small carry-on and the tote with my purse inside.

BTW - anyone heard from the folks on stand-by? Truly hoping they were able to locate other flights, so we'll all be together on Saturday.

Last year we had signs up for the medicine chest (see below)As I am finishing up the Dis Navigator does anyone to volunteer for any of items below? If so just copy the item, PM me with your Dis name and stateroom number.

15. THE MEDICINE CABINET & EMERGENCY SUPPLIES
Type of Medicine Person Bringing Extras Dis Name Room Number
Tylenol
Motrin
Cold & Flu Tablets
Claritin
Benadryl
Aspirin
Eye Glass Kit
Ibuprofen
Sewing Kit
Band-aids /Plasters
Airborne
Excedrin Migraine
Low Dose Aspirin
Nyquil
Solarcaine (sunburn spray)

Packed, bags all zipped, vehicle loaded, girls asleep and me WIRED!!! Rolling out at 4:30 AM in the morning to fly to NYC. Should have internet access until Wednesday when we leave NYC.

Safe travels everyone! I am super excited to meet everyone, either at Hard Rock Friday night or onboard! :)

Packed, bags all zipped, vehicle loaded, girls asleep and me WIRED!!! Rolling out at 4:30 AM in the morning to fly to NYC. Should have internet access until Wednesday when we leave NYC.

Safe travels everyone! I am super excited to meet everyone, either at Hard Rock Friday night or onboard! :)

See you at the HRC Friday night!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter