• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*Sept 10th 2011 WB Transatlantic* - From Spain to Space Mountain - Part 6

I think we are wearing the front-page shirts with the life ring on the front. Still need to make the onesie for our little one though :rolleyes:

We made a onesie to match the shirts you assisted us with. Looks really cool.

Thanks again!

We will be in our matching shirts/onesie.

Lanyard Team List

Please check to see if your name is on the list if you have contributed to the lanyard fund PayPal. Please only PM or email if your name does not show on the list.

WBTA2011LanyardTeamA1.png

Attention All Madeira Daniel Taxi Tour Members

This is the most up to date list I have for both tours. Please only PM me if your name is not on the list or some information is incorrect. I will be making van assignments on Sept 1.

MadeiraTourNamesOnly.png

Well that's DH all packed :cool1:

We managed to get everything in that he wanted together with 2 bottles of champagne and his full kilt regalia.... 23 kg exactly :thumbsup2

:thumbsup2 INCREDIBBLE!

Thanks I hadn't thought of that....we are taking the Netbook which has iTunes on it so i'd just need to connect to register it etc.

Does anyone know how much the internet charges on the ship are? If it proved too slow/difficult I guess I could do it in Gibraltar?

There is a list of internet access points on the first page of this thread.

Anyone that has done either the EBTA or WBTA before , can you recommend any places in ports that have good wifi?
Not fanatical about missing internet but would be nice when we get the chance to catch up on any emails etc as this is our only method of contact with home.

I think i remember someone saying before that Madeira has wifi if you sit in the park?

There is a list of internet access points on the first page of this thread.

I am so stressed and anxious right now .... but not about this cruise. Tomorrow my DD is leaving WDW at the end of her College Progamme ( yes .. that went quick !! ) and flying across the USA to Seattle via Detroit. I booked her flight a few days ago and sent her the E-ticket plus info relating to baggage costs, check in times, layover times etc. Since then I have heard nothing from her and don't know if she has got the E-ticket in her email, she hasn't been on Facebook etc either. I imagine she is just busy packing up and finishing her last shifts etc, but I am just so anxious that she gets safely to Seattle. She has never done anything like thsi completely on her own, as when she flew out to USA she was with a group and on a direct flight. I can't even think about the cruise this evening or anything else for that matter and I certainly won't sleep well tonight. Being a parent can be really hard sometimes :sad2::sad2::sad2:

:hug:I'm sure she's FINE and has no clue that you are worried. Trust the old lady - if she was in trouble you'd be the first one to know it.

Lanyard Team List

Please check to see if your name is on the list if you have contributed to the lanyard fund PayPal. Please only PM or email if your name does not show on the list.[/SIZE]

Noel, you have so many irons in the fire your brain must be fried!:dance3: Hang tough - in just a few more days you can relax with a pool boy bringing you iced DOD.

I decided against making my door a slowly evolving finding nemo scene (wish i could get all the materials for it to make it work) BUT I've decided instead to make interchangeable signs and magnets for the door. Anybody else planning on doing funky things with their door?
I like the idea of decorating and changing every day. Keeps my mind active :-) :yay:

I decided against making my door a slowly evolving finding nemo scene (wish i could get all the materials for it to make it work) BUT I've decided instead to make interchangeable signs and magnets for the door. Anybody else planning on doing funky things with their door?
I like the idea of decorating and changing every day. Keeps my mind active :-) :yay:

Just you wait and see :genie::idea::wizard::eek: Does that tell you anything? Room 8008, check it out.

Evelyn

For those looking ahead to the 10-day forecast ---- embarkation day in Barcelona has a high of 77 degrees and NO hurricanes forecasted. :)

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/SPXX0015

We made a onesie to match the shirts you assisted us with. Looks really cool.

Thanks again!

We will be in our matching shirts/onesie.

Cute!! I am also making your son a onesie... so you may find it in your FE one day! :thumbsup2

Josh - I am so excited to meet you! Just reading your posts make me want to visit your zoo one day to see you in action!! (That's the teacher in me coming out - love seeing people working with kiddos!)

We are wearing the t-shirts with the life ring to embark as well.

I'm stumped as to how to set our door apart. We have a few magnets but nothing unique. So my plan is to take magnetic tape and just "create" magnets out of found objects. If you lose something, come to our door (7624)!! :)

We are wearing the t-shirts with the life ring to embark as well.

I'm stumped as to how to set our door apart. We have a few magnets but nothing unique. So my plan is to take magnetic tape and just "create" magnets out of found objects. If you lose something, come to our door (7624)!! :)

I think it is going to be so much fun seeing all the unique doors and FEs!! I haven't seen any pics like our FE, nor have I taken a pic of it yet, but we had fun making it. :)

I think it is going to be so much fun seeing all the unique doors and FEs!! I haven't seen any pics like our FE, nor have I taken a pic of it yet, but we had fun making it. :)

Agreed!! I like how we can turn just about anything into a DIS event! This is far and away the most fun-sounding cruise I could ever imagine :banana:

Josh - I am so excited to meet you! Just reading your posts make me want to visit your zoo one day to see you in action!! (That's the teacher in me coming out - love seeing people working with kiddos!)

A fellow teacher? oh yes Mandy, we're going to get along swimmingly.

At least you know what your's looks like. Jess made FEs for our cabin, as well as DM's, but she won't tell me what she made :confused3...she wants it to be a surprise. Should be interesting :confused:. She also made the FE gifts for DM to distribute and made a dress for dinner. Creative one, my girl :lovestruc; definitely not like her mother!

Yeah!! My parents are in 6606. Right next door.

Have a great trip on the Dream. I'd love to hear about it.

Happy travels!!

Kathy

Kathy,

We'll be neighbors--I'm in 6600. I leave Saturday for MCO; board the Dream for 4 day cruise on Sunday. Fly to Barcelona Friday. Can't wait to meet everyone!!

See you all Saturday.

Sandy

For those looking ahead to the 10-day forecast ---- embarkation day in Barcelona has a high of 77 degrees and NO hurricanes forecasted. :)

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/SPXX0015

You might enjoy this site:
Computer Model Forecast for Europe

I'm very interested to see if the area of high pressure over southern Europe keeps showing up...that means very nice weather and lower humidity for Barcelona for Friday/Saturday of next week. I will say that computer models aren't that great beyond day 6.

If you look at an Atlantic satellite, it's very nice to see 95% of the ocean cloud-free. They can steer around hurricanes, so as long as one doesn't decide to move into the Caribbean in 2.5 weeks, we'll be in good shape!

Anyone that has done either the EBTA or WBTA before , can you recommend any places in ports that have good wifi?
Not fanatical about missing internet but would be nice when we get the chance to catch up on any emails etc as this is our only method of contact with home.

I think i remember someone saying before that Madeira has wifi if you sit in the park?

There are quite a few places in Gibraltar. One that we like is a pub called the royal calpe (about half way up the main street on the right) fast and free and the pub does really good food and cakes as well.

The internet in Madeira was quite good, I used it to send emails last year. It was available on the main street and my iPhone picked it up without any trouble. There are lots of signs at the cafes advertising the free wifi :thumbsup2

Claire this might be an idea for you too?

I am so stressed and anxious right now .... but not about this cruise. Tomorrow my DD is leaving WDW at the end of her College Progamme ( yes .. that went quick !! ) and flying across the USA to Seattle via Detroit. I booked her flight a few days ago and sent her the E-ticket plus info relating to baggage costs, check in times, layover times etc. Since then I have heard nothing from her and don't know if she has got the E-ticket in her email, she hasn't been on Facebook etc either. I imagine she is just busy packing up and finishing her last shifts etc, but I am just so anxious that she gets safely to Seattle. She has never done anything like thsi completely on her own, as when she flew out to USA she was with a group and on a direct flight. I can't even think about the cruise this evening or anything else for that matter and I certainly won't sleep well tonight. Being a parent can be really hard sometimes :sad2::sad2::sad2:

I hope you hear from her soon Sarah. She will be absolutely fine, but they always forget to keep in touch with us when they are packing, saying goodbye to their friends etc. She won't be thinking for one minute that Mum is stressing at home making sure she is okay. :hug::hug: Teenagers.... you gotta love em :)

Hi everyone,

I hope all who aren't feeling well begin to feel better. Fortunately I am (which is great since Andrew and I leave on Sunday!).

Now for an update on the Stateroom Tour....

Our wonderful fellow cruisers have offered to show off their staterooms in the following categories: 3, 5A, 7A, 9A, 9D, 11A (accessible) and 11A (sideways) (but we can always use more!).

I am proposing that we gather on the 16th at the "not so secret" deck on 7. For those who have not cruised before, it is at the very back of the ship on Deck 7. We will gather there at 10:30 and progress from there to my stateroom (7631) for a look at the 11A (accessible) and then will progress from there to the rest of the staterooms that have volunteered as a group (that way even those of us offering our staterooms can have a peek too!).

I'm guessing that it will take an hour or so for us to all ohh and ahhh over each others door magnets and rooms.

If you haven't volunteered yet, no problem! Just sign up on the whiteboard outside my stateroom or call me by wavephone.

Thanks and I can't wait to see everyone!

Keri

Thanks Keri, I'll keep a note of that :thumbsup2

You are so organized, Mary!:) I can't even decide what clothes and shoes I'm taking:confused3.

Lorraine, you will note that Stevie is packed lol and not me, I'm still deliberating with stuff all over the spare bed :lmao:

Lanyard Team List

Please check to see if your name is on the list if you have contributed to the lanyard fund PayPal. Please only PM or email if your name does not show on the list.

You've missed me Noel, I'll send you a PM :thumbsup2

What is Everyone wearing on Embark day? The shirts you designed or something else?

Just wondering:-)

I am not wearing a particular T-shirt, but I will probably be wearing a long skirt and a top .. haven't decided yet. DH may well wear his WBTA 2010 T-shirt.

Some of these cruise threads live forever if the group gets especially close - you can see them on the board 'live' even 2 or 3 years later.

And remember - there's still the facebook thread - and people with computers can be wired from their hotels on the road.

Our cruise threads from 2008 and 2010 are still active and people post from time to time. I have really good friends from our 2008 cruise who we see every year, and also from our WBTA 2010 cruise, and we recently had a reunion for that group. I also have so many FB friends from cruising. I am sure the WBTA 2011 cruise thread will go on a long time after the cruise has finished, and we will definitely plan a reunion for 2012.

:hug: :hug: :hug: Sarah....I can only imagine how anxious you feel. Try to tell yourself that if she was stuck or don't know what to do etc then she would soon be in touch with you.....I am sure she is just busy packing up and oblivious to letting you know every thing is ok. :hug: Has she got a mobile or phone at the place she is staying at so you can contact her to put you mind at rest?

Try not to worry hun. xx

I know how you feel.. It is so hard for our children to be away from us. I think we tend to over worry. I'm sure she is fine. I believe you would be the first to know if there was an issue. I hope you hear from her soon. Kids just don't have a clue how much we worry about them!

I hope you hear from her soon Sarah. She will be absolutely fine, but they always forget to keep in touch with us when they are packing, saying goodbye to their friends etc. She won't be thinking for one minute that Mum is stressing at home making sure she is okay. :hug::hug: Teenagers.... you gotta love em :)

Today is the day ... still haven't heard anything and as expected I am beside myself with worry. She has a US mobile but only a cheap one and I don't think it does any international calls. She will hopefully contact me when she arrives at her destination, but I know I will be a useless wreck all day. I guess this is payback time for me from the days when I worked for Princess Cruises and didn't phone home for weeks at a time ( a bit more difficult then as we had no internet or mobile phones and we had to go into special booths at ports and you couldn't do that if you were working etc. ) My mother has since told me she was feeleing exactly the same as I am rightnow :sad2::sad2::sad2:

OK, put us down (5 adults)...I usually resist anything early morning on vacation, but if you understand that I am NOT a morning person :eek:, all will be well :lmao:. Larry and I won't be wearing pajamas (too embarrassing, what I sleep in, and he sleeps in....well...nothing, and no more time to shop :confused3), so I hope that's ok.

:lmao: That's why I haven't sign up..... I don't wear Pj's and I have enough issues with people thinking i'm going to be strolling around the ship naked! :rotfl2:

Thanks for letting me know about room number. Added to list. Still working on the lanyard issue so may be light at the end of the tunnel

Sorry I not responding to everyone's PM's and emails as trying to getting lanyard issue sorted. Several people have asked for lanyards today but not sure if there will be enough at this point even if I get them in but will respond when I know lanyard shipment status.

I ordered 225 originally but I can do extra inserts for the DCL lanyards if I get more requests.

Thanks so much Noel, if they arrive in time or not we all appreciate the hard work you've put in to them and now the additional stress of trying to resolve this issues. :hug:

How many cases are you allowed, Claire? Or are you paying for extra?

We're only allowed one case each in checked baggage, but can take a small roll on case, a bag and a coat in our hand luggage (plus a purse/handbag for me). So the hand luggage allowance will help:thumbsup2

We are allowed 1 x 23kg each but I paid extra for a 3rd case. Plus one hand luggage each and a purse/laptop bag.

I packed one case yesterday but didn't manage to put hardly any clothes in it, just Lee's Tux and three pairs of shorts, the rest of the case was booze, candy swap, scrapbook exchange and my shoes. I got Lee to weight it last night and it was 26.4kg! :eek: Back to the drawing board I think.....

We can still post on it up to the 250 page mark I believe. Hopefully lots of people will write up trip reports and we can chat a little on those :goodvibes

We can carry on as long as we want, we just start a new thread when we hit 250, it doesn't matter that the cruise is over. :cool1:

The internet in Madeira was quite good, I used it to send emails last year. It was available on the main street and my iPhone picked it up without any trouble. There are lots of signs at the cafes advertising the free wifi :thumbsup2

Claire this might be an idea for you too?

That's what I was thinking. :thumbsup2

Today is the day ... still haven't heard anything and as expected I am beside myself with worry. She has a US mobile but only a cheap one and I don't think it does any international calls. She will hopefully contact me when she arrives at her destination, but I know I will be a useless wreck all day. I guess this is payback time for me from the days when I worked for Princess Cruises and didn't phone home for weeks at a time ( a bit more difficult then as we had no internet or mobile phones and we had to go into special booths at ports and you couldn't do that if you were working etc. ) My mother has since told me she was feeleing exactly the same as I am rightnow :sad2::sad2::sad2:

:hug: :hug: :hug:

I just want to remind everyone you can still sign up to the DIS Farewell Lunch at LUMIERE'S......we have 129 people signed up so far, it will be so much fun! :banana:

Come & join us for a farewell DIS lunch on the last sea day. Thursday 22nd Sept at 12.15pm at Lumiere's.

Please PM me if you'd like to join us and I will add you to the list, then once onboard I will notify the restaurant so they can seat us together at some large tables.

Well that's DH all packed :cool1:

We managed to get everything in that he wanted together with 2 bottles of champagne and his full kilt regalia.... 23 kg exactly :thumbsup2
We're packed too.. according to our scales we're under so we'll probably be just on when the cases are weighed at the airport;)

Being a parent can be really hard sometimes :sad2::sad2::sad2:
:hug::hug:

Hi everyone,

I hope all who aren't feeling well begin to feel better. Fortunately I am (which is great since Andrew and I leave on Sunday!).

Now for an update on the Stateroom Tour....

Our wonderful fellow cruisers have offered to show off their staterooms in the following categories: 3, 5A, 7A, 9A, 9D, 11A (accessible) and 11A (sideways) (but we can always use more!).

I am proposing that we gather on the 16th at the "not so secret" deck on 7. For those who have not cruised before, it is at the very back of the ship on Deck 7. We will gather there at 10:30 and progress from there to my stateroom (7631) for a look at the 11A (accessible) and then will progress from there to the rest of the staterooms that have volunteered as a group (that way even those of us offering our staterooms can have a peek too!).

I'm guessing that it will take an hour or so for us to all ohh and ahhh over each others door magnets and rooms.

If you haven't volunteered yet, no problem! Just sign up on the whiteboard outside my stateroom or call me by wavephone.

Thanks and I can't wait to see everyone!

Keri
Will pop that on the planner... :)

Lanyard Team List

Dropped you a PM Noel.

We'll be wearing the T'shirts I got made :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter