*Sept 10th 2011 WB Transatlantic* - From Spain to Space Mountain - Part 6

Speaking of jetlag...We've never travel overseas before...so I'm wondering what the 7 or 8 hr time difference from here in the Midwest is going to feel like...when we land in Barcelona Thursday morning at 9:15...our bodies are going to be saying its only 2 AM...LOL!!! Any of you experienced long distance travelers have any advice????

I don't have any advice, it's been over ten years since we have been in Europe with jetlag, but wondering if we might be on any of the same flights. We leave KC Wed. at 5:05 pm to Dallas and then to London. See you soon! :)

I have to take a case that fits DD homework in it and some other items. Pluse I am in first class so no restrictions on weight or anything. I have lots of room. Let me know if you change your mind.

Nickole

Ok thank you so much!!! :) I will talk it over with my DH when he gets home in an hour or so & PM you.

I don't have any advice, it's been over ten years since we have been in Europe with jetlag, but wondering if we might be on any of the same flights. We leave KC Wed. at 5:05 pm to Dallas and then to London. See you soon! :)

No...afraid not...we leave KC Wed morning at 10:12 to Newark, NJ and then to Barcelona at 7:20 pm...arrive Thursday morning at 9:15 AM :upsidedow

A question for my American friends, especially anyone in Orlando.

How easy are white iPad 2's to get hold off in the Apple stores? Are they readily available or are they still selling out as soon as a batch comes in?

Hubby has finally caved in and said I can get one. :cool1: I am hoping to go straight to the Mall when we get off the ship, shame I can't have it for the two weeks on the ship but never mind i'll have to wait!
Target and Walmart usually have a decent supply. The Apple stores are always mobbed, and you can;t call to see if they have them. If you let me know when you're shopping, I can call around and see if anyone has a white one in stock. Jean

Anyone Else??

Pajama Breakfast (Sept. 18 - Pics 8:50AM - Eat at 9:00)​

List will be closed on Sept 1 since many are departing for pre-cruise stay!

Time change to one hour earlier since last year's Navigators show the restaurant closing at 9:30AM twelve of the fourteen days last year.

Mandy is organizing a PJ breakfast on Sunday the 18th September (a sea day) at 9:00 am, at Lumieres. If you would like to join in, please PM MandyGirl (Mandy).
There is no cost involved for the breakfast, and there are no set times for breakfasts on DCL, so your evening dining rotation does not affect participation in this event at all. We will be meeting outside Lumieres at approx 8:50 a.m. for a group photo prior to the breakfast.

Please note:
If you had previously PM'd hayley (the previous organiser), please re-PM Mandy so we can get an updated list of who's still interested.

Current list:
Screenname - Count
3canadianslovedisney 5
MandyGirl 4
binkytell 4
squitty 2
Tod&Copper 2
Goofy Adpi 1
melonz 4
Julie2009 1
m_kasch 1
Birkner 2
Seraphine 4
Pflamingo 2
ThePicketts 2
KrisannB 3
AuntLynne 1
Berries97 2
giraffe104 1
fly4free2 1
*Flower* 2
seamour 3
christiannj 2
JoAnna (caligirl15) 1
Lisa (STLUCIELADY) 1
Taina Po (sinnika) 1
Gene & Cheryl - newgeneb 2
TxMermaid1 2
caaimee 1
SonjaLeigh 3
MiddleofAmerica 5

Total = 62 plus 3 highchairs = 65
Highchairs: Mandygirl, Binkytell, Seraphine (am I missing anyone?)

Kathy,

We'll be neighbors--I'm in 6600. I leave Saturday for MCO; board the Dream for 4 day cruise on Sunday. Fly to Barcelona Friday. Can't wait to meet everyone!!

See you all Saturday.

Sandy

What is Everyone wearing on Embark day? The shirts you designed or something else?

Just wondering:-)

I think we are wearing the front-page shirts with the life ring on the front. Still need to make the onesie for our little one though :rolleyes:

Kathy,

We'll be neighbors--I'm in 6600. I leave Saturday for MCO; board the Dream for 4 day cruise on Sunday. Fly to Barcelona Friday. Can't wait to meet everyone!!

See you all Saturday.

Sandy

What an AWESOME itinerary, Sandy!! :thumbsup2

Claire

Just a thought about getting the iPad in advance potentially for using on the trip, the first thing you have to do is plug it into a pc and do the updates, register it, etc it may be difficult when you don't have free internet access on the ship.

The iPad is a bit like the iPhone and likes to be paired to one pc only. Are you taking Lee's netbook with you? If so, you may want to just to buy an internet package to do the necessary?

If you have all the music, films, apps etc already downloaded onto itunes, then it's easy to drop it all on as soon as you get the iPad :)

Well that's DH all packed :cool1:

We managed to get everything in that he wanted together with 2 bottles of champagne and his full kilt regalia.... 23 kg exactly :thumbsup2

What is Everyone wearing on Embark day? The shirts you designed or something else?

Just wondering:-)

We are wearing our shirts we had made from the front page designs. Hopefully others are wearing them too, otherwise may have to rethink our first day outfits! :rotfl2:

Claire

Just a thought about getting the iPad in advance potentially for using on the trip, the first thing you have to do is plug it into a pc and do the updates, register it, etc it may be difficult when you don't have free internet access on the ship.

The iPad is a bit like the iPhone and likes to be paired to one pc only. Are you taking Lee's netbook with you? If so, you may want to just to buy an internet package to do the necessary?

If you have all the music, films, apps etc already downloaded onto itunes, then it's easy to drop it all on as soon as you get the iPad :)

Thanks I hadn't thought of that....we are taking the Netbook which has iTunes on it so i'd just need to connect to register it etc.

Does anyone know how much the internet charges on the ship are? If it proved too slow/difficult I guess I could do it in Gibraltar?

Anyone that has done either the EBTA or WBTA before , can you recommend any places in ports that have good wifi?
Not fanatical about missing internet but would be nice when we get the chance to catch up on any emails etc as this is our only method of contact with home.

I think i remember someone saying before that Madeira has wifi if you sit in the park?

I am so stressed and anxious right now .... but not about this cruise. Tomorrow my DD is leaving WDW at the end of her College Progamme ( yes .. that went quick !! ) and flying across the USA to Seattle via Detroit. I booked her flight a few days ago and sent her the E-ticket plus info relating to baggage costs, check in times, layover times etc. Since then I have heard nothing from her and don't know if she has got the E-ticket in her email, she hasn't been on Facebook etc either. I imagine she is just busy packing up and finishing her last shifts etc, but I am just so anxious that she gets safely to Seattle. She has never done anything like thsi completely on her own, as when she flew out to USA she was with a group and on a direct flight. I can't even think about the cruise this evening or anything else for that matter and I certainly won't sleep well tonight. Being a parent can be really hard sometimes :sad2::sad2::sad2:

:hug: :hug: :hug: Sarah....I can only imagine how anxious you feel. Try to tell yourself that if she was stuck or don't know what to do etc then she would soon be in touch with you.....I am sure she is just busy packing up and oblivious to letting you know every thing is ok. :hug: Has she got a mobile or phone at the place she is staying at so you can contact her to put you mind at rest?

Try not to worry hun. xx

For everyone that posted re. the Pooh corner candy and pooh sticks, sorry i didnt reply individually, i have made a note of all of your names, room numbers etc so will pay the shop a visit at the weekend :)

Anyone Else??
OK, put us down (5 adults)...I usually resist anything early morning on vacation, but if you understand that I am NOT a morning person :eek:, all will be well :lmao:. Larry and I won't be wearing pajamas (too embarrassing, what I sleep in, and he sleeps in....well...nothing, and no more time to shop :confused3), so I hope that's ok.

Being a parent can be really hard sometimes :sad2::sad2::sad2:
That's an understatement! I'm sure she is perfectly fine, probably packing up and saying her goodbyes; she'll be in contact when she thinks of it. Kids do not think from their mother's perspective....they have no idea how anxious we get! If she didn't have her ticket info, she'd definitely be in touch.

Got a haircut today, picked up a Barca tour book and Spanish handbook from Border's (going out of business, so 50% off :)), bought shoes (for normal life), notified the bank of our trip (for ATM card), and got some trip cash. Also picked up just enough groceries for the next week. I've already cleaned out the frig and don't plan to cook much before we leave, so no fuzzy green surprises when we return :rolleyes:.

I researched our cabins and am completely satisfied with mine, but 2632 is supposed to be noisy, due to engines/thrusters/whatever mechanical parts are in that area. My dear mommy may be sleeping on a cot on our balcony :rotfl:.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter