• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*Sept 10th 2011 WB Transatlantic* - From Spain to Space Mountain - Part 6

Happy Birthday, Karen and Dan!! :bday:

The forecast model of Katia I am looking at this morning makes me breathe easier...
http://www.wunderground.com/tropical/tracking/at201112_ensmodel.html

MiddleofAmerica --- any comments? :confused3

Mandy -

Katia will be a big storm, but other than Bermuda and maybe Newfoundland, there's not much that will be affected by that one. I'd only be concerned about flight time taking a bit longer to swing around it, but even that looks to be more of a problem on Thursday 9/8...if you're leaving out of the Northeast. Just might take an extra 30-60 minutes for flight time to swing farther north around it.

We're leaving 9/7 and I'm hoping to catch a good tail wind on the jetstream over the Atlantic and get into Heathrow early. We've got a 7 hour layover in London and any extra minutes we get in early will be extra minutes cramming in the shortest sight-seeing trip ever!

Mandy -

Katia will be a big storm, but other than Bermuda and maybe Newfoundland, there's not much that will be affected by that one. I'd only be concerned about flight time taking a bit longer to swing around it, but even that looks to be more of a problem on Thursday 9/8...if you're leaving out of the Northeast. Just might take an extra 30-60 minutes for flight time to swing farther north around it.

We're leaving 9/7 and I'm hoping to catch a good tail wind on the jetstream over the Atlantic and get into Heathrow early. We've got a 7 hour layover in London and any extra minutes we get in early will be extra minutes cramming in the shortest sight-seeing trip ever!

You da man!! :thumbsup2 Thanks! :) Get some good shut-eye on that flight! I will be interested in hearing the 7-hour-layover-sightseeing story on the ship!

I literally just finished getting Curt an airline ticket. Standby numbers were increasing, and he was starting to stress (and watching that hurricane as well), so we cashed in 60k AA miles (and an extra $75 fee). So... I now will have my hubby with us on all flights, and actually seated with us as well! :banana: No more hitch-hiking this trip for him to get to the cruise. :)

You da man!! :thumbsup2 Thanks! :) Get some good shut-eye on that flight! I will be interested in hearing the 7-hour-layover-sightseeing story on the ship!

I literally just finished getting Curt an airline ticket. Standby numbers were increasing, and he was starting to stress (and watching that hurricane as well), so we cashed in 60k AA miles (and an extra $75 fee). So... I now will have my hubby with us on all flights, and actually seated with us as well! :banana: No more hitch-hiking this trip for him to get to the cruise. :)

Yeah, I can't imagine trying to make a cruise on time through standby. I'm sure that's a big relief.

Looking back, the only thing I should have booked differently was our connection at DFW this time. We have a 55 min connection. I guess Skylink makes it easy to get across it now. We fly out of Terminal D, but I don't know where we'll come in yet. Years ago (last time I was at DFW) we didn't have Skylink as an option and I remember having to rush across the airport.

I saw that you got to enjoy some nice weather in Kansas this past week. Now we're back up into the 100s again here. If you guys in Texas could just cool down and stop sending your heat our way, we'd be very glad to end this summer!

Good news (not sure if this has been posted yet)...if the source is correct, the current Dream sailing has switched their sea and Castaway Cay days around, but should be going to Castaway Cay, which means only one cruise missed out. Let's hope this is right.

Irene didn't hit the island directly and it was to the west of the eyewall so it shouldn't have been that bad there. 12-15 foot waves wouldn't have done too much damage other than messing up the beach, so everything sounds about right with that report. I'll be interested to see if it's true. I haven't really thought we'd miss going on ours anyway, but glad to hear the current cruisers don't have to either.

See comment posed on this topic: http://disneycruiseblog.net/news/2011/08/27/disney-dream-skips-castaway-cay-due-hurricane-irene

Hi guys,

I'm sorry that I'm not around much, but I'm super busy right now and you guys write a lot :worship: so it’s hard to keep up.

I have updated all the room numbers for the candy swap (except for Kthomas618 who is still waiting for their room number)

Could you please check the information in the Google group to make sure I got all your information correct?

If I made a mistake (or more:confused3) could you please PM me with the correct information?

Christina

Hi All,

Seems they did the GTYs. I sent an email last night asking specifically about our room. We are in 5142. It is a slight upgrade, I think based on category, since we paid for a 7A and are now in a 6A--not a completely closed balcony, but a metal one, which is fine--close to the back of the ship.

This has been an interesting experience for us GTY and location wise. This is the first time we will be on a deck with "stuff" and not just rooms. Any experience with the noise level here? Also we usually have better luck with upgrades in GTY than this time, but that is the risk and we still have a balcony, so worth it.

The movers are coming today to pack our stuff up to ship back to America. Going to be a long 2-3 days. We will now be living in an empty house for the next week and out of suitcases! Let's hope that not as much stuff is damaged going back as it was coming over!

Glad to have my room before we leave so I can update the list.

Amanda

Keri, feel better soon. I'M SICK TOO. :headache::headache::headache: I'm cold, shivery, shaky, sore throat, stuffy nose... I don't bleeding have time for this!

I know it's better to get it over with now, but I have clients up the yingyang all this week, including a wedding party to beautify tomorrow night (meaning I can't cancel unless I lose my pulse, otherwise I'll be murdered by a very ticked off bride).

Am just feeling sorry for myself, sorry! Please send get-well vibes... my husband wants me quarantined to the sofa so he doesn't catch it!

Awwww .... hope you feel better soon. :hug::hug::hug:

Get your dancing feet on everyone and come and join us as today it is time to boogie on down ....

we are officially ....

SINGLE DIGIT DANCING !!!!!​

:dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3:
:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:
:yay::yay::yay::yay:
:woohoo::woohoo:
:dance3:

Just a few last minute questions

Does the Magic have ipod docks?

Do the men have to wear long pants when visiting Montserrat?

Thanks for any help on this :flower3:

No ipod docks on the Magic :sad2:

As I couldn't find Diversions on the Magic and I know that it's designated as the official kick-off location for the Pub Crawl- I did a web search.

It seems that Diversions is on the Wonder, not the Magic. So what is the name of the 'Pub' that is the starting point for the crawl??

HELP!!!

There's definitely a Diversions on the Magic, it's next door to Sessions :thumbsup2

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope everyone that's poorly gets well soon, so that they can get organised and pack before next week :)

I've woken up this morning, feeling all achy and a sore head :sick: I'm going straight to the chemist for some preventative medication

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dancing with you Sarah

:dance3: :woohoo::woohoo: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :woohoo::woohoo: :dance3:

:jumping1:

I hope everyone that's poorly gets well soon, so that they can get organised and pack before next week :)

I've woken up this morning, feeling all achy and a sore head :sick: I'm going straight to the chemist for some preventative medication

It must be all the stress as I feel rubbish this morning too, i'm going to raid the medicine box and head back to bed for a while.

I hope everyone else feeling ill gets better soon!!! :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

I've caught up the the cabin numbers posted overnight so Pat, Karen, Noel & Michelle i'll PM you another list in a minute.

:dance3: :dance3: I'll SDD dance with you Sarah! ONE Week for me! :scared1: :faint:

Did we manage to split the groups more evenly so that they could accommodate both groups?
It's all in the hands of DCL at the moment, I can't do anything till I get the dates/times from her. Once I get them, I will then post all the information.

Hi all,

I've come down with a cold and have been feeling horrible for several days and haven't been on much. I guess it means that if I'm sick now, I won't be on the trip.

We leave on Sunday....and I've not packed one darned thing nor have I run all the errands I need to run. Hope to do some tonight and then get to bed early again.

Take care all,

Keri

Keri, feel better soon. I'M SICK TOO. :headache::headache::headache: I'm cold, shivery, shaky, sore throat, stuffy nose... I don't bleeding have time for this!

I know it's better to get it over with now, but I have clients up the yingyang all this week, including a wedding party to beautify tomorrow night (meaning I can't cancel unless I lose my pulse, otherwise I'll be murdered by a very ticked off bride).

Am just feeling sorry for myself, sorry! Please send get-well vibes... my husband wants me quarantined to the sofa so he doesn't catch it!
Sorry to hear your both unwell. I had something similar and now I think DH is catching it.. Better now than later.
:wizard:
Pat, Noel, Karen & Michelle

I have PM'd you all a list of the GTY's that have posted room numbers so far, I will continue with my list tomorrow morning. :thumbsup2
You're a star :hug:
Hi guys,

I'm sorry that I'm not around much, but I'm super busy right now and you guys write a lot :worship: so it’s hard to keep up.

I have updated all the room numbers for the candy swap (except for Kthomas618 who is still waiting for their room number)

Could you please check the information in the Google group to make sure I got all your information correct?

If I made a mistake (or more:confused3) could you please PM me with the correct information?

Christina
Christina I will PM you now.

Good morning everyone hope all the sickies are feeling a bit better today :)

For the people asking what a Pooh Stick is I have copied a description , hope it makes sense :)

Poohsticks was invented by English author A. A. Milne for his son Christopher Robin Milne. The game first came to prominence when it was described in the author's book The House at Pooh Corner as well as in the Disney animated featurette Winnie the Pooh and a Day for Eeyore. Winnie-the-Pooh, the protagonist of the book, accidentally drops a pine cone into a river from a bridge and devises the rules for Poohsticks. Pooh continues to play the game with the other characters, Christopher Robin, Tigger and Eeyore.

The game was first played at a bridge located in Ashdown Forest, close to the village of Upper Hartfield, East Sussex, England. Built in 1907 and originally called Posingford Bridge, it is considered to be the bridge on which Milne and his son first played the game. The bridge maintained the public's interest and a campaign to rebuild it in the late seventies was considered important enough to feature on the BBC Nine*O'Clock News. The bridge was subsequently reopened by Christopher Robin Milne and officially renamed as Poohsticks Bridge.

The site was so popular that in 1999 the East Sussex county council made an appeal to Disney as the old wooden bridge had been worn down by an overwhelming number of visitors.The company provided a substantial donation towards the estimated £30,000 needed to replace the bridge.

Forgot to say - Yay! for all the assignments :banana:

Firstly for those who are sick, please look after yourselves(or better still get someone else to do that) and be well for the vacation. Get some Zinc Lozenges which help shorten the length of a cold.

For those fearing being sick, Zinc tablets are great for the immune system and are cheap. Great to take for a while before a flight etc. Stay well everyone, we want you fully fit for all the fun.:)

Shall we designate floor 2 as the fun floor? Hades Underworld haha :worship:

Oh goodness it is too early for me and my pain meds are having an effect, I read that as Hades Underwear. :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: Should be a fun deck!!!:scared1::lmao:

Just enough time to catch up on all the pages before I say goodbye for the moment and will see you all on board the Magic.:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

I managed to get the packing down to 1 case and 1 carry-on, so not allowed to buy anything on this holiday unless I can convince Dad that can fit in his suitcase:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

See you all real soon......

Burnice

As I couldn't find Diversions on the Magic and I know that it's designated as the official kick-off location for the Pub Crawl- I did a web search.

It seems that Diversions is on the Wonder, not the Magic. So what is the name of the 'Pub' that is the starting point for the crawl??

HELP!!!

Flower -

You scared me.. From the DCL site I get this:

Diversions Diversions, a sports pub and lounge located on Deck 3, Forward in the Beat Street section on the Disney Magic and in the Route 66 section on the Disney Wonder, is a cozy venue where families can take part in fun-filled activities or watch a televised sporting event during the day; and adults can sing karaoke or enjoy a cocktail at night.

Awesome! I'm very excited although I'm worried I'll keep looking in the mirror since its above the bed...

Guess I'll knock on your door if I need to see the sunlight :rotfl:

When I read this, I thought, there aren't mirrors ABOVE the bed - this is not that kind of ship. Then I realized you meant on the wall.

What a fabulous offer, but you know how strict DCL is about those restricted VGTs...no changes! :confused3 :lmao: Of course, if you want to use our verandah, the offer stands for you, too (I'll even throw in the family discount...after all, the Dissers are just one big happy family :lovestruc).

And that family is at least 214 strong, based on Noel's lanyard count.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter