Sept 1,2013 Dream Fish Extender

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Meets' started by esorddor2004, Feb 27, 2013.

1. esorddor2004

esorddor2004 Mouseketeer

THIS GROUP IS CLOSE!!!!!!!Welcome to the Fish Extender Exchange Group for the September 1st 2013 Disney Dream Cruise! If you'd like to join, please post here that you'd like to join. Then for privacy, please E-mail me at esorddot2004@sbcglobal.net the following information:

-- DISboard username
    -- Cabin # (if you know it already)
    -- Family Last Name (helps with personalizing family gifts)
    -- First names of those participating, ages of kids in cabin and whether boys (B) or girls (G)
    -- Any special cruise celebrations
    -- Any food allergies, etc
    -- An email address for your family

If you are uncomfortable posting any of the personal information, you can simply say "Adult, Male" or "Girl, 8" for example.

For those who are new to this fun cruise experience, the Fish Extender itself is a pocket panel you hang from the fish shaped hook outside your stateroom. These can be homemade or you can purchase them on sites like Etsy, you can also find some pictures on Google or DIS forums. Families that join the FE group hang the Fish Extender outside their cabin and then exchange little gifts with others participating in the group by putting little gifts in each other’s extenders.

Here is a thread with some basic info about it:
    http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=378

It's a ton of fun, not just for kids, and you can either give one gift to each cabin, or a gift to each person in the cabin. You can give gifts a few times throughout the cruise or just once. No real set rules just exchange and have fun! Gifts can be homemade or store bought. That's part of the fun . . . the variety of gifts that everyone brings!

Our group will close Monday June 1st. This allows people time to order, make, assemble, personalize, etc their gifts. Thank you!!

Guidelines for our fish extender:
    1. Each cabin is to provide AT LEAST one gift to each cabin participating in the fish extender. You can provide a gift to each person within that cabin, just the kids, or one gift for the whole cabin...that is up to you. Of course, you are welcome to give more than one gift...but the minimum is one.
    2. All gifts are to be delivered between the cruises leaving port on Sunday, September 1st until 4 PM on Wed., September 4th. This gives people time to still be able to pack their bags before we leave the ship the morning of Sept. 5th.
    3. Please include a tag with your DISboard’s user name on the gift. This way everyone knows who the gift is from.

Here is a list of IDEAS of what you might want to bring for the FE on the cruise...to add to your packing list if you'd like:
    1. The FE gifts that you are making/preparing -- total number will be announced after our July 1st sign up deadline.
    2. An FE pocket/hanger to hang outside your cabin. You can find them on eBay by searching "Fish Extenders" or you can make one or search on line other places.
    3. A zip tie to help attach your FE HANGER. Some people have commented theirs have sadly walked away...but if you attach it with a zip tie...then it is not as likely to walk away.
    4. Scissors to cut the zip tie when you're packing...LOL! Don't want to leave it for someone else.
    5. On the forum, some people recommend bringing thank you notes so you can write a quick note to the person who gave you a gift.

--------------------------------

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask. My name is Rose. I may not know the answer , but I’ll try my best to give you an answer!!!!
    Thanks!!!!! Rose

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. esorddor2004

esorddor2004 Mouseketeer

4. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS Veteran

Shouldn't this be over on your cruise meet thread?

5. lbgraves

lbgraves Little Cinderella's Mommy

It needs to be moved to the meets forum, not their thread. I have sent a message to the mods.

6. esorddor2004

esorddor2004 Mouseketeer

I posted it just whaling for sticky to move it

7. RweTHEREyet

RweTHEREyet <font color=CC66CC>What makes you think the Tag Fa

8. esorddor2004

esorddor2004 Mouseketeer

9. n8nally

n8nally DIS Veteran

Thank you so much, Rose for spear heading this and putting up this post! Not sure if we will participate, but I appreciate you coordinating :)

10. Lady Duchess

Lady Duchess Mouseketeer

THis can be on either thread, if you look at other sailing dates you will see that some keep it separate. Very common :)

11. Lady Duchess

Lady Duchess Mouseketeer

Lady Duchess
    Hauge
    Cabin - unassigned
    Cindi - Adult
    Anita - Adult

Can't wait, love the FE, thank you so much for taking this on, would have loved to do it but couldn't commit time. Thanks a bunch.

12. chiburple

chiburple Mouseketeer

Has there been any discussion about the cut off date to sign up?

We will probably do it, but not 100% sure yet.

~Marise

13. twinsmom328

twinsmom328 Earning My Ears

-- Twinsmom328
    -- Cabin #5052
    -- Family Last Name Rocha
    -- DH Bruno 31/Me Paula 33 DS Matthew 7 DD Gabrielle 7

-- paulat1223@msn.com

:woohoo:

14. twinsmom328

twinsmom328 Earning My Ears

I believe it said July 1st is the deadline

15. chiburple

chiburple Mouseketeer

Ah, You are absolutely right! I should have read more carefully :blush:

16. SosaDisneyFamily

SosaDisneyFamily Earning My Ears

Email : mmdiaz13gmail.com
    Room : 7A no number
    Family name : Sosa
    Boy : jordan 12
    Girl : Jada Marie 6
    Rafael 35
    Maria (celebrating my 32 bday 9/3)

First timers in cruising, we are a crafty family, any ideas you can give us please
    :-), or rules, limits thanks

17. Dianemcc

Dianemcc Earning My Ears

Are you traveling on the dream ?
    You will really enjoy the cruise it's such a blast
    And if you book for your birthday there is another surprise awaiting you

Happy cuising

18. Krs1300

Krs1300 Mouseketeer

I want to join! I'm going to email you my information. thanks!! :)

19. Lady Duchess

Lady Duchess Mouseketeer

So happy to see more people joining our FE list :) I look forward to being part of a memorable cruise.

20. esorddor2004

esorddor2004 Mouseketeer

If you need idea, best place to look is on face book there a group called Fish Extender Disney cruise line .you have to join the group they have lots of picture of thing people have made ,it a good start .

21. SosaDisneyFamily

SosaDisneyFamily Earning My Ears

Thank you going to check it out