Sent myself a postcard from Castaway Cay and it hasn't arrived

k3chantal

DIS Veteran
How long 'on average' does a post card take to arrive at its destination from Castaway Cay? I sent one to myself so I could 'scrapbook' it. It has now been three weeks. Do you think it is lost?

How long 'on average' does a post card take to arrive at its destination from Castaway Cay? I sent one to myself so I could 'scrapbook' it. It has now been three weeks. Do you think it is lost?

No. Historically, post cards can take anywhere from 2 weeks to never to arrive.

Average time is in the 6 week window.

Not from CC, but on our Panama Canal cruise we mailed 5 postcards back home from the Canal. 4 of them took from one to 4 months to arrive. One never did (at least not in the last 6 years).

Sent my mom a postcard from CC on our Oct cruise. Arrived the week before Xmas. Sent my grandmother one on the same trip. She lives 5 miles away from my mom. It arrived the second week of January.

For the two cruises we went on, it took about 4-5 weeks each time to make it to Texas.

April 2013 Bahamas arrived in September I had even forgotten about them

We sent ourselves a postcard from CC in mid-October and it arrived in December. (Bahamian postal service)

The postcards we mailed from St. Thomas beat us home. (US Postal service)

I sailed for Easter '13. My postcards arrived the end of May and Mid June. One was pretty mangled.
You have to use Bahamian stamps which are about 65 cents each.
While we were on CC the post office was never open. I had to take my card to GS to have them mailed.

We mailed ourselves a postcard from CC in October 2004. We're still waiting for it. :sad2:

I sailed for Easter '13. My postcards arrived the end of May and Mid June. One was pretty mangled. You have to use Bahamian stamps which are about 65 cents each. While we were on CC the post office was never open. I had to take my card to GS to have them mailed.

This was the same for us. We were there in early January, 2014. PO wasn't open due to weather. Guest Services took the card and charged us $0.65 for postage and said it would be postmarked Castaway Cay. I had read where people never received them, but we wanted to take the chance since we had sailed without DD. 6 weeks later, it came in the mail and she was one excited little girl!

I believe it took a couple months to get ours. We'd forgotten all about them by the time they arrived.

You've got to remember they are on laid back Bahamian time. It took mine about 8 weeks four years ago.

You've got to remember they are on laid back Bahamian time. It took mine about 8 weeks four years ago.
After 10 years waiting for my postcard, I would say it's incompetence, not "island time".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter