Sensing Pixie Dust I Am! A Star Wars Weekend PTR! New PTR Link pg. 77!

That is so exciting that you get to participate in free dining. That has to be such a huge savings. And Coronado springs is so nice! We stayed there in 2006 and actually got engaged on the little beachy area by the hammocks our first night there. Also I loved the snowman that you all built. Being from Pittsburgh we see a lot of snow but I love it. Can't wait to hear of what you have in mind to eat. Happy New Years!

Coronado Springs looks beautiful!!!! I am looking forward to caramel shop in Germany, all the pictures I have seen of the goodies look delicious.

Charles did a great job on the presents! I really like the necklace. :goodvibes
And how about Charles picking the resort??!!! :eek: :thumbsup2

It looks like you had a very nice Christmas. Snow on Christmas is nice, any other day it is not.

CS looks like such a pretty resort. I would like to stay there one day.

That is good news. I hope they put thermostats ininstead of those under the window units that you have to leave on or either freeze or roast.
Then I would love POFQ, until then I will stick with POP that does have room thermostats. I am quite sure CSR has them too.

Yes new thermostats too!!:thumbsup2.

CSR looks so pretty! I saw pictures of the refurb and the rooms look great. What's your favorite mod resort that you have stayed at?

I just read your snow update - I'm SO HAPPY for you guys that you got snow for Christmas!!!! It's like it was a present just for your family. Love it! What a very fun Christmas, sounds pretty darn perfect. :goodvibes

I laughed out loud at the dogs eating the cheeseballs! :rotfl: Good idea to make Bert without food products. ;)

Hooray for Charles for picking the resort and having input! CSR is such a beautiful resort, everywhere you turn it's a picture. And those hammocks...:cloud9: Next time we are at the Pepper Market I'll have to remember to get those nachos!

Yayyyy!!!!! Another PTR!!!! Now we can play tag with our PTR's! I'm so excited for you guys! I wish I could book, but I have to wait and see whether I can afford a mod. or value! Can't wait for more updates!

I love your Christmas snow pictures! I wish I still felt that same joy for snow that Charles and the kids have. :) I think that mine died about the time I got my driver's license, although our big snowstorm up here last week did give me a snow day. (Had to take it on my own, but still it was lovely!)

I love your resort choice. CSR is one of those places I want to try one of these days. It just looks so relaxing!

Since I'm more than 50 pages behind on your last TR, I figured I would catch up here on the new report first then go back over to the old one.

I love Chelsea's jacket and purse.

My family stayed at CSR for Christmas. We stayed in the Casitas. It was my first time staying anywhere on property (my family has stayed on property numerous times before) and I enjoyed it so much. The nachos in The Pepper Market are delicious!

OMG! I have to laugh about Charles being in love with the nachos from Pepper Market, because that's exactly how my DH felt about the slushy coke machine at Pop! Slushy coke machine + refillable mug = heaven to my DH! It was ever so sad when they got rid of it.

And I laugh as well, because we are totally the type of people to base where we're staying on food, as you know. I think this a great resort for you guys for this trip, and I'm definitely admiring that pool! I've seen some pictures on the DIS of it all lit up at night and looks beautiful.

I'm confident that the CP clan will enjoy this resort, just as much or more than before! :thumbsup2

Signing on!! I hope I can keep up with this one. My track record has not been the best. I will put that as my new year's resolution. ;)

Looks great Jackie! I love Disney in May!

Christmas looked fun! It was snowy here as usual!

As for the food, always love Le Cellier, but you have to do lunch there now if you only want to use 1 credit :sad2:

DisneyFeb2009-017-2.jpg

Gorgeous picture! LOVE it!

Congrats on picking CSR! Its definitely the most photogenic of the resorts! And the pool is so great. If I can talk the soccer moms into late Sept I really want to stay there for a couple nights. You are so lucky to be able to go over Memorial day and be out of school then.

Can't wait to read more about your plans!

What a wonderful white christmas! I love it :) You are a MUCH nicer mom than I am....we don't let them out of their rooms before 8am on Christmas.

I enjoy torture. I also enjoy boys who can make it through our VERY long christmas day lol!

Chelsea's jacket is adorable, very cute color. I have that same pattern, she'll love it, it's so cheery! Evan's big wish was for a North Face jacket as well, of course one he saw online that no one sells in the stores. The drama of the size at that age! I ordered the medium based on the size charts, sent it back to get a large. Which is a bit big on him to be sure but he doesn't seem to mind and loves it!

Charles did GOOD on the gifts, I love the tree skirt especially. It's fun once they "get" it, my Anniversary card had a suspiciously Disney castle0like design on it that that just made me smile.

CSR looks lovely and those new rooms are pretty! Fun fun fun!

Speaking of cards, just had to share - DH got me a Christmas card with Cinderella and the prince dancing - all done in blue and white and snowflakes - inside he wrote, "You'll always be my princess!" :love: It was my best gift ever!princess:

The new room decor is the reason why I would stay at CSR too! So pretty! I have heard nice things about this resort as well -- I think it is great that you are going to be there! It seems really large, but no more so than the other mods, right? That decor I am more than familiar with, spending enough time in the South West! :thumbsup2

I think it is actually smaller than CBR! I am hoping no matter where we end up, it is within walking distance of everything.

I can't wait to hear where you are going to eat!!! :goodvibes Sounds like good times!! I really would love to be there, too! I agree with your logic!!! :laughing: But I don't think DH will :laughing: after all, all is fair in love and war AND DISer enabling!!! ;)

This weekend's update will be all about where we are going to eat. I am looking forward to writing that one!

Will you make a request for a specific area to stay at CSR? I wondered how anyone really picked or tried to request a specific area for their room... I think Michelle stayed in a nice area with her mom last spring...

I might request either the Cabanas or the Casitas or just leave it up to luck. When we stayed there in spring of 2008, we were in the Cabanas -- it was a great location.

I hope you have decide on some Tshirt designs :laughing:

Still looking. Connor will be easy, but I also want to find something Chelsea and Charles will agree to wear. LOL!

We will be at CSR in August!! I can't make a ticker yet because it is a surprise for the kids and they are constantly over my shoulder:thumbsup2

That was my problem last year when I was trying to do a surprise trip for Chelsea.

We have taken the kids to DC twice- it is a great place to visit!! If you ever decide to go let me know and I would love to give you some tips!

Thanks!

That is a beautiful place! I have walked around taking pictures there several times. I took a bunch of pictures in Pepper Market, and I could tell the food was delicious.

There are so many choices, and I remember the bakery section looked especially tempting.

You can feel the warmth in those pictures! It's in the high 20's here this morning. I am happy to picture myself sitting poolside listening to the sounds of children splashing around and seeing the palm fronds moving with the breeze. :cool2:

Wouldn't that be nice? I am sitting, freezing in my classroom as usual. We are expected to get more rain and snow on Monday -- it would figure -- this is the one year I don't want snow days because I don't want to have to make them up -- we leave a week after the students get out. I can't have anything interfering with my Disney plans! :eek:

Happy New Year!!!

I'm looking forward to reading abbout your plans--will any changes be made???? Excited to see it all unfold:cool1:

Happy New Year! I am actually hoping I stick to all the original plans this year -- planning last summer's trip with its 100 changes wore me out. LOL!

Charles is really feeling the Disney magic!! :wizard: Hurrah for free dining! I have also heard great things about the resort and always love looking at pictures of it. I really like the southwest/Mexican influence. Pepper Market sounds yummy. So we know you'll eat there a few times... can't wait to hear where else you are planning on dining!! popcorn::

This weekend's update will be about food. Yum! Yum! Yum!

I love that Aztec pyramid!

Hey Jackie! I can't believe you started another PTR! lucky you :) I still haven't even finished your last one lol!!... I just started a "disney fund" to go back with everyone (boys first trip) for 2013 ugh... sooo far away still :(

Hi, Annette! I bet 2013 arrives sooner than any of us think. Will the boys be three then? Time seems to be flying lately! I can't believe I will have a daughter in the 9th grade in August! Yikes!

Love the resort choice!! Although a huge POR fan I have to say the new refurb'd rooms have been calling at me to try there!!

YAY for Charles getting involved in the planning!! There may be hope for other non Disney DHs out there LOL!!!

I'm with C, I want to hear about ADRs LOL!!!

I am looking forward to the refurbed rooms, but it will be odd to have a desk instead of a table.

ADRs this weekend! I will have to go borrow some photos from the Disney Food Blog!

CSR & Free Dining seem like great choices to me!! :thumbsup2

Can't beat them! :goodvibes Well, unless we were staying at a deluxe, but I am just happy we are headed back to Disney!

Oooh! Coronado Springs! That will be nice. I would like to stay there someday but I think I'd like to have a car when I stay there. Those new refurbed rooms are quite pretty and they just seem so classy! Probably too classy for me. :lmao:

Probably too classy for us, too! LOL! It will be nice to have our car there and not have to deal with buses if we don't want to.

Yay for CSR!
I got to walk around CSR in November when I was there for the NCTE convention. It's such a beautiful resort.
Are you going to request a specific section? Or just see what you get when you check in?
It wasn't available with the new discount for Memorial Day weekend.

It is very pretty. I might request the Cabanas or the Casitas section, but we aren't really picky when it comes to room locations.

The snow is almost all gone thanks to warmer temps and the rain. I don't have to ski to work tomorrow.

I saw this morning that it looks like there is more snow headed for NYC. Stay warm this weekend!

There may be something in the works for Memorial Day weekend :rolleyes1

Really??? :yay: Keep me posted!

I LOVE that Charles is really getting into Disney. That gives me hope for my husband. ;) I've never been to CSR but it looks like a really pretty resort. And nachos were one of the selling points? Of course! Hello, yum! Sounds like a great plan to me!

I am constantly surprised when Charles shows interest in anything Disney-related. LOL!

I could use some of those nachos right now! :laughing:

The refurbed Queen beds and the deluxe amentities ( namely conditioner) at CSR really made me love the resort.

Pepper market on the DP is also great.

You can request a certain section. I have stayed in the cabanas ( old rooms) and casitas (new rooms). If you have the car and plan on driving, it does not matter much but the ranchos I have heard is pretty far from Pepper Market and just about everything else.

I have been drooling over all your CSR pictures on your TR, Pat! It was perfect timing! :goodvibes

CSR is beautiful! We almost stayed there last time, but switched to POR and now DBF doesn't want to stay anywhere else-- Pepper Market played a huge role in wanting to stay there! I hear nothing but great reviews.

The things we have tried there were outstanding. I am hoping to have some of the gelato they have there on this trip!

Four adults!:scared1: Free dining certainly wins the award!

It was a sad day at my house when both kids were over ten. :(

The rooms are lovely...and the beds heavenly.(I was going to insert a room picture, but I didn't have any. :confused3 Friendly warning, because the beds are queens, the rooms feel tight. Well, ours did, but maybe because of the corner door entry?

As you know the resort is so lovely though!

DisneyFeb2009-017-2.jpg

May will be here before you know it. We know how fast time flies after Christmas break!

Thanks for the picture! CSR is so lovely! I hope the time does fly if only so it will be warm again. This cold weather just kills me! I haven't been warm since October.

Your resort looks lovely, Jackie! I have always wanted to try CBR, but with DVC we always stay on points. I was just playing out of curiousity, but I can't see the free dining offered anywhere - how did you find it, or do you have to have an AP to get it?

It was offered for select dates in 2011, but we had to book by December 20, 2010. I booked pretty near the end of it -- I was lucky our first resort choice was still available.

CSR looks like a beautiful resort. And the nachos sound delicious. ::yes::

Can't wait to hear about your adventures there!

I can't wait! Luckily, I will have your TR about Claire's first trip to make the time go by a little faster! :thumbsup2

Those must be some yummy nachos! ;):laughing:

Charles always remembers the food he enjoyed! :lmao:

totally jumping on board with this one too! Love your trip reports. Sadly no WDW for me for a couple of years. 2012 is the year that my son graduates from high school, but he wants to see Cali. So my sis and i will take him on a tour, with the highlight being Disneyland and Cali Adventure. :banana:Hopefully all the new rides will be open! Then maybe just maybe we can convince our husbands that we need a sister or couples trip to WDW in 2013. ugh 3 years!!!!:scared1:

KIM

Welcome, Kim!!! A trip to Disneyland will be lots of fun, too! I would love to head out there someday. Plus, by the time you head back to WDW, the new Fantasyland will be finished. That is going to be soooo neat!

See what happens gang when I dangle the prospect of new trip info in front of Jackie---it gets her to SPILL THE BEANS!!!!! :) YEAH!!!!!!

:rotfl: I really wanted to know your trip details! :laughing:

I am SO in love with your resort decision---you know how much we loved it there! I just know it is going to be a wonderful trip for you all!!!! :)

I do remember how much you enjoyed it there! I can't wait to stay there again!

Okay.......since you did some spilling.....so will I..........

I did do LOTS of work on WDW plans yesterday for a trip this year.....nothing solidly booked yet, but will say that I will probably need to be asking you LOTS of questions and advice based upon your trip from last year. That's all I am saying for now.....more to come soon!!! ;)

Whew! It really has been awhile since I caught up on replies because I know so much more about your trip now! :laughing:

CSR looks like such a lovely resort......I love the refurbed rooms and the decor....the duvets, etc. How fun that Charles is getting into true Disney spirit with his Christmas gifts and suggesting a resort.....he has been officially pixie dusted!! Lets keep it that way!!! :thumbsup2

I probably should keep an industrial-sized jar of pixie dust at the house to sprinkle Charles when he starts to waver. LOL!

My niece Brielle has a ring that matches your necklace and I have the earrings.....

Pretty! I really think I need the matching earrings! ;)

Looking forward to seeing your dining choices.....you will LOVE the caramel shop in Germany. I may have been in there each time I went to Epcot in October...:rolleyes1

Tracy

I have heard such rave reviews of the caramel shop -- can't wait to pig out there!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter