Senses Spa

rramsr

Mouseketeer
Hi, just wondering if the massages are worth the cost? Have not had any services from the spa on the last two cruises we have been on and we are going on the Dream next year and may look into a massage but they are pricy. Just wondering if they are worth it. Thanks

I have found that for the most part, they are worth it. Every once in a while I get someone that not necessarily does a bad job, but seems to be a bit preachy. Some really push the product and make it seem as if you are stupid to not buy it. I can shrug that stuff off and can not be bullied into anything, but it still leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

I have had massages on all 3 of our cruises, 3 different ships and they were all worth it. (I love the hot stone upgrade.) Only got the hard sell one of those times, and I think it might have been because I checked off a bunch of things I was concerned about on the health questionnaire. It could have been a coincidence, but next 2 x I didn’t say I had any concerns and they didn’t try to sell me anything.

I get a massage every cruise. It's so relaxing. Vacations are about the only time I get massages, so it's a nice little, private splurge for me to do.

I like to get the massage on the last night of the cruise. So relaxing and completely worth the cost. I tell them up front that I'm not purchasing any products. Takes the stress out of their product pitch.

Yes and no (not the answer you were looking for, I know! :rolleyes: ). I really enjoyed the massage I got on the Magic (the facial not so much - I'd recommend skipping that). Was it worth it? That's a tough one for me. I can definitely get a better massage on land for less money - no contest. But if I'm on a cruise that's not an option. They have a captive audience. This isn't a knock on Disney, but the cruise industry in general. If you want a massage on your cruise you will get a nice one on board, and you will most likely enjoy it. Yes, you will pay more than you would on land but you're on vacation. I guess it just comes down to how much you want that massage!

One thing though - I've never had the product push at a land based spa like they do on the cruise lines. That's a real turn off, but if you expect it going in you can shut it down pretty easily. Still, it's another negative for me for cruise line spas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter