senor frogs?

ibcrazie4dizney

Mouseketeer
will you tell me about senor frogs, Nassau? we will have dgd8 with us, is it adults only? don't even know if we will have time since we booked sea lion excursion already. is it safe, is the food good, do they take American currency? looks like it is right near straw market, which I would like to check out, along with Tortuga rum cakes. gosh, I have to stop reading, I will need more touring time!

It isn't adults only but it was a little rowdier than I was comfortable with for our 4 and 6 year old. There weren't many kids (definitely not as young as ours if any at all), it was loud and crowded so we didn't stay. Sorry I can't help you with how the food was :)

It's a highly commercialized chain.

I went during a Spring Break cruise in college and the waitresses come around pouring shots down your throat and blowing whistles while grabbing their chests. If there were 8 year olds eating there at the time I didn't notice lol.

That said maybe during non-spring break times they are more tame. There was a "best butt" contest going on during our meal lol.

I guess if we decide to try, we should do a walk by first and see how the crowd is before we take her in. thanks for the warning.

I went twice during a non-DCL trip (like a land trip) and the speakers are REALLY loud even in the day time. I was in school then, and it's not the best fit for little kids. There's usually some kind of drinking contest going on and whistle blowing by shot girls in even in the day time.

This is our daughter at age 8. It was fine for a couple of photos and that was it for us. I would not have taken her in for food/drink.

IMG_1333.jpg

Took my 8 year old in there for a potty break. Nothing he hasnt already heard or seen in public school.

We were there in late December a few years ago and it was totally tame. I think it'll just depend on when you're there. :)

For us its kind of the same category as Planet Hollywood or Rainforest Cafe. A chain restaurant that serves overpriced, mediocre food and relies on "reputation" and advertising to pull in people.

Like PPs have mentioned, I think it all depends on timing. As long as you don't go during the typical college spring break season, I think you should be fine. I went to the one in Cancun during spring break in college, and it was C-R-A-Z-Y. Definitely not a good environment for kids.

I went to the one in Cancun during spring break in college, and it was C-R-A-Z-Y. Definitely not a good environment for kids.

I think Cancun during spring break is just crazy. I know that Senor Frogs... it has a swing on the porch right? Totally random. :lmao:

We went in May and September witout our DD. While there were kids in there when we went, it was a bit wild. I would not have taken our daughter in there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter