• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Seniors at FW?

DougY

Mouseketeer
My wife and I are in our early 60's, and travel to FW in our 5th Wheel, 4Xyr. How many of you are Seniors and enjoy FW and WDW as much as we do?
:thumbsup2

We are "empty nesters", retired, mid 60's, and have been camping at FW since the year after they opened ('72) We brought our children there (several years between trips) and the last several years have gone once to three times a year. We go this week for the F&G show at Epcot and will camp 10 nights. We are currently in a class A MH, but have had just about everything (except tenting, we refuse :lmao: ) had a 5th wheel before our MH's. Love Disney, but also go to the Smoky Mtn. National Pk. every year and camp, plus other adventures. We are young at heart :woohoo:

Since moving to FL in 2002 we camp at Disney in our TT at least 3 to 4 times a year. If we can't get in FW we stay close by to do the parks. Also in our 60's work parttime. j

Never get tired of Disney always see something new.

We are also in our 60's and love, love ,love camping at WDW!::yes::We have been to wdw many times. We started in tent ,went to Truck camper,them Conversion van, now in class A.We will be there for Christmas ! Can't wait...:cool1:Christmas at WDW is the best!:santa:Hope to see some of you there! 12/02 TO 12/25...:yay:

We are in our 50's and 60's and bringing my 70 something Mom with us on our next trip in May 13. I don't think you ever get too old to enjoy Disney!

We are in our 70's (me) ansd 60's (her) and were empty nesters before we started fostering and adopting special needs children. We currently have two teens in wheelchairs who thoroughly enjoy our annual Christmas/ New Years trips to the Fort. We spend a lot of time at the Fort and a lot of time in the Parks. There's still a lot to see that we have missed even after 15 years. :cool1:

There are probably about 150 to 200 (couples) of us 60+s who spent most of the winter at the Fort (not seniors except for the discounts)

We love WDW! Ft. Wilderness is our favorite place! We go every
October, but want to start going more often!

No discounts but there are some groups that get a group rate (a little bite off) FL resident rate is much better.

Approximately how long is "most of the winter"? Considering a long term stay at FW and was wondering if there are any long term stay restrictions.

Approximately how long is "most of the winter"? Considering a long term stay at FW and was wondering if there are any long term stay restrictions.

You can stay as long as you can pay. However, it has to be in 30 day increments on paper. So you need a new reservation every 30 days.

Does anyone know if you can stay at the Fort over the winter and work part-time at the parks?

Yes, if you can get hired on. I know they hire extra help for the Food & Wine Festival booths. We met some campers there before.

I had asked about long term camping a few months back and I was told WDW doesnt do it anymore.I am SO THRILLED to hear there are seniors that DO camp for the winter at FW!!I retire in 2years and we are definitely looking forward to doing this.Are there RV companies that will store and set up the camper for us?Also, how far in advance do you make your reservations so you hopefully don't have to change campsites?

I had asked about long term camping a few months back and I was told WDW doesnt do it anymore.

This is true. I think the issue is in the semantics. You can't, for example, make a single 90 day reservation. You can, however, make three 30-day reservations back-to-back to accomplish the same thing. Some folks have continuously been at the Fort for years (literally) on 30-day reservations. Each ressie only requires one night's deposit and has liberal cancellation rules as long as it's not last minute/few days.

People also ask if there are discounts for being a long-term camper. There was once many years ago but it has long been discontinued. So the only discounts available to long-term campers are the ones available to short term campers (AAA, FL resident, other specials, etc).

I'd like to spend a month or two at the Fort some day. :thumbsup2

Bama ED

We are all 'kids' when we are on Disney property!

Ain't that the truth. I am planning coming up for a day maybe two while all you guys are there when the racing is done. Got a seasonal pass. I was there in January to shoot pics of friends running the 1/2 marathon, in February, and this past weekend. I promise to not overload your email with pics, :lmao: just wait and give you a thumb drive and i will probably be back there for the memorial weekend. :thumbsup2

Does anyone know if you can still apply any appropriate discounts to your 30 day reservations, such as AP or GEneral Public discount?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter